• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Tomato

ironyboard

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This is common now that they're tampering with God's creation, meaning genetic manipulation and irradiation. My uneducated guess is it's the irradiation making the seeds sprout prematurely. Here in the US they don't admit to irradiating the food, but I believe they do. Many people have commented on the alternative media channels about how long food, particularly produce, stays fresh nowadays. Irradiation is supposed to keep foods fresh longer. (Oh, duh! It's because even microbes have more sense than to eat something contaminated with radiation) What choice do us sheeple have, since everything's fouled up?

Here's a link to some more disturbing pics. It's about 1/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.thebyteshow.com/Guests.html[/url]

Eurgh. Those tomatoes are really messed up. :shock:

If they are irradiating their tomatoes, I´d be guessing they are using gamma rays. This would kill off microbes(Not because microbes won´t eat anything irradiated) and the radiation would go straight through the tomato with no radiation left for you to eat.
But really, a tomato is a fruit so why shouldn´t the seeds sprout. That seems like the natural thing for a tomato to do, even if they don´t tend to.

Anyone who has grown tomatoes knows that the trays of identical, cherry-red spherical ones we see in the supermarkets are not representative of the original crop.

Tomatoes come in all shapes, sizes and colours, even within the same strain, so that the ones we buy have always been selected for uniformity.

So what does a tomato look like? :lol:

escargot1 said:
So what does a tomato look like? :lol:

Generally, something like a cross between a banana and a guango, with a little bit of kiwi thrown in for good measure :D ;)

Yellow and lumpy, with bristles, then? :D

I had a dream about these last night. I even ate one, and I'm happy to report it tastes just like a normal tomato, with a hint of cress.

Ps. they do look a bit like someone's made little holes in them and planted mustard/cress seeds.

Theres a chemical naturaly occuring in toms which prevents the seeds sprouting prematurley, am I right?

Ive seen this in our home grown toms. I dont know what causes it (besides simple plant perversity) its not caused by irradiation (which should prevent it) nor supermarkets (who dont want it)

My Dad's grown tomatoes for years in his greenhouse, and he's never had anything that looked weird. OK, a few lumpy or misshapen ones, but nothing that looks like it has cancer.

Xanatico said:
If they are irradiating their tomatoes, I´d be guessing they are using gamma rays.

So, the tomato turns green and quite angry then? :eek:

Back