Oh, The Irony

decipheringscars

Abominable Snowman
This could also go in WTF and possibly elsewhere but you've got to love a story about a republican politician known for his anti-LGBT views caught in his office doing the naughty with another bloke.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ublican-christian-family-values-a8060631.html
Actually, that happens enough that many of us expect it of most of these anti-LGBT politicians and church "leaders." If they'd all just come out of the closet the world would be a much better place.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Actually, that happens enough that many of us expect it of most of these anti-LGBT politicians and church "leaders." If they'd all just come out of the closet the world would be a much better place.
Yup:while it's a cliche that the people who protest most strongly about homosexuality etc are actually that way themselves, it does seem to be true more often than not!

uair01

Justified & Ancient
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ations-calls-self-stable-genius-idUSKBN1EV0DW

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” said Trump, a former reality TV star and developer.

“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!”

Which movie to believe ...
blog.dilbert.com/2017/02/12/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality/

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ...
As some commentators have noted, Trump had less money at the point he ran for president, than his father left him...which some may not consider 'successful business'.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
As some commentators have noted, Trump had less money at the point he ran for president, than his father left him...which some may not consider 'successful business'.
He has a lot less money than he says he has. There is no evidence at all that he is a good businessman.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Yup:while it's a cliche that the people who protest most strongly about homosexuality etc are actually that way themselves, it does seem to be true more often than not!
BRIAN: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

GIRL: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

BRIAN: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me?

maximus otter

BRIAN: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

GIRL: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

BRIAN: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me?

maximus otter
Bit like fighting with SJWs on Twitter: the fact that I have to deny I'm transphobic proves that I'm transphobic.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Bit like fighting with SJWs on Twitter: the fact that I have to deny I'm transphobic proves that I'm transphobic.
"Only the messiah will deny he is the messiah."

When confronted with such nonsense simply ask the SJWs in question if they have stopped fucking poodles. A yes or no answer is an admission of guilt, and a denial can be thrown back in their face with their own faulty logic.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Wind farm worker dies after being stranded by heavy snow without heat or power.

A man has died after becoming stranded in heavy snow, without heat or power, while working on a wind farm.

The 74-year-old and a 42-year-old colleague were working on Sunday at Afton Wind Farm, which is under construction near New Cumnock in East Ayrshire.

It is understood they struggled to call for help, although it is not known how long they were in difficulty for.

The Police Scotland Mountain Rescue Team went to the 25-turbine development, which was due to be completed this spring, after family members raised the alarm at around 8.50pm.

The older man was flown by helicopter to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary but died a short time later.

maximus otter

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Homeless Iranian Embassy SAS hero attacks decision to give terrorist who survived the siege a taxpayer-funded flat.

A former SAS soldier who participated in the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege has revealed he is unable to get a council house despite one of the terrorists living in taxpayer-funded accommodation.

Bob Curry, who served in the Special Air Service for 16 years has said he’s been forced to sell his medals and sleep on his daughter's sofa after Herefordshire Council was unable to find him a home.

Fowzi Nejad, 61, the only terrorist to survive the siege, cannot be sent back to Iran because of human rights laws so instead lives in Peckham, south London.

Nejad spent 28 years in jail before he became eligible for parole three years ago. It is reported that he is now living rent free [in a council house in Peckham].

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Homeless Iranian Embassy SAS hero attacks decision to give terrorist who survived the siege a taxpayer-funded flat.

A former SAS soldier who participated in the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege has revealed he is unable to get a council house despite one of the terrorists living in taxpayer-funded accommodation.

Bob Curry, who served in the Special Air Service for 16 years has said he’s been forced to sell his medals and sleep on his daughter's sofa after Herefordshire Council was unable to find him a home.

Fowzi Nejad, 61, the only terrorist to survive the siege, cannot be sent back to Iran because of human rights laws so instead lives in Peckham, south London.

Nejad spent 28 years in jail before he became eligible for parole three years ago. It is reported that he is now living rent free [in a council house in Peckham].

maximus otter
There's a petition for him on Change.org.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Big game hunter shot dead whilst hunting lions

Poetic justice. According to the report, he'd already shot one lion dead & was aiming at a second when he was shot.

Police are investigating who shot Jelenic, who is from Croatia, however they have said that they ‘do not suspect any foul play’.

He, unfortunately, received the ugliest end – he died in South Africa doing what he loved. His office, a hunting hall, was full of trophies, deer and bear specimens and everything that could be hunted in Croatia and Europe.’