Oh, The Irony

Poetic justice.

Tony Perkins, president of the anti-gay religious lobbying group the Family Research Council, had his home destroyed by the massive flooding ravaging Southern Louisiana this week.

Although no one wants to celebrate a person losing their home, the destruction of Perkins’ house isn’t without irony, considering that he’s claimed in the past that natural disasters are God’s way of punishing an increasingly gay-friendly world.

Calling into his own radio show, Perkins described the flood as being of “biblical proportions,” adding that he and his family will have to live in a camper for 6 months until the damage is repaired.

https://deadstate.org/guy-who-says-...has-his-home-destroyed-in-a-natural-disaster/

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Hodan Nalayeh, a Somali-born Canadian journalist traveled to Somalia last week to prove Somalia is “beautiful” and to challenge ‘stereotypes’.

Hodan Nalayeh returned to Somalia, the place of her birth, to document the beauty and to tell “uplifting” stories.

One of Nalayeh’s Twitter followers praised her for “countering the doom narrative propagated by many about Somalia.”

Nalayeh often tweeted about Somalia and just last week posted pictures showing how much fun she was having in Kismayo and the neighboring island of Ilisi.

“It’s so clean & breathtaking. A perfect place for a day swim with the family,” Nalayeh tweeted.

On July 12, al-Shabaab terrorists stormed Asasey Hotel in Kismayo. 26 people were killed in the attack.

Hodan Nalayeh, 43, and her husband were among the victims.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tereotypes-gets-killed-by-islamic-terrorists/

maximus otter

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Hodan Nalayeh, a Somali-born Canadian journalist traveled to Somalia last week to prove Somalia is “beautiful” and to challenge ‘stereotypes’.

Hodan Nalayeh returned to Somalia, the place of her birth, to document the beauty and to tell “uplifting” stories.

One of Nalayeh’s Twitter followers praised her for “countering the doom narrative propagated by many about Somalia.”

Nalayeh often tweeted about Somalia and just last week posted pictures showing how much fun she was having in Kismayo and the neighboring island of Ilisi.

“It’s so clean & breathtaking. A perfect place for a day swim with the family,” Nalayeh tweeted.

On July 12, al-Shabaab terrorists stormed Asasey Hotel in Kismayo. 26 people were killed in the attack.

Hodan Nalayeh, 43, and her husband were among the victims.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tereotypes-gets-killed-by-islamic-terrorists/

maximus otter
Sad, though not surprising. There are places in this world where you simply should not travel to. Often traveling openly as a journalist is akin to having an enormous target on your back. That may or may not have been the case here but you couldn't pay me enough to visit Somalia. As the old adage goes, 'Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.'

uair01

Justified & Ancient
This was a wonderful presentation in the artist book shop in Rotterdam:

While some try to stay invisible, others struggle to achieve the exact opposite. We are therefore honoured to welcome Hamja Ahsan, commander in chief of the internationalist movement of the introvert and founder of the Shy People’s Republic of Aspergistan. Looking to overthrow extrovert supremacy Hamja Ahsan published Shy Radicals: The Antisystemic Politics of the Militant Introvert (Book Works, 2017). His militant movement is steadily growing: the book recently reached its third print run. In PrintRoom, Hamja Ahsan will place himself in the spotlight for the quiet and awkward. Wallflowers of the world unite!

https://www.bookworks.org.uk/node/1917
http://printroom.org/

The separate state of Aspergistan, the Shy Radicals political project, is imagined as a safe haven for Shy people, introverts and those on the autistic spectrum. It is designed for those who seek a quiet, unharassed existence, free of intrusive advertising, neon and strobe lighting, and compulsory social events. Aspergistan’s Constitution is set out in detail in the first pages of the book, establishing its political and social ideals in articles that are appealing, sensible and very amusing.

https://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/shy-radicals-antisystemic-politics-militant-introvert-hamja-ahsan/

radicals02.jpg
radicals01.jpg

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman

INT21

Antediluvian
Happened a few minutes ago.

I was about to fry one of the two remaining Frikadellan to eat with some chips. My wife came in, looked closely at the thing and said 'you'll eat anything, it's got fur growing on it'. And indeed there was a very small patch of fungus starting to appear even tho' the burger was still in date and had been kept in the fridge since purchase.

So I settled for egg and chips instead. With a couple of slices of bread. My wife, obviously not trusting my judgement, and muttering things like 'silly old sod will poison himself one day', made the meal.

I was about to take a bite of the bread when I caught the faint whiff of mold.

'I think the bread is off' I said.

'Can't be' she responded, 'I've just had a slice and it was ok. It's your sense of smell that is failing, like your brain'.

So I checked the loaf. Three days out of date and the middle slices bright green.

Serves her right. Though I will have to watch to see she doesn't show signs of poisoning over the next few hours.

INT21.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Happened a few minutes ago.

I was about to fry one of the two remaining Frikadellan to eat with some chips. My wife came in, looked closely at the thing and said 'you'll eat anything, it's got fur growing on it'. And indeed there was a very small patch of fungus starting to appear even tho' the burger was still in date and had been kept in the fridge since purchase.

So I settled for egg and chips instead. With a couple of slices of bread. My wife, obviously not trusting my judgement, and muttering things like 'silly old sod will poison himself one day', made the meal.

I was about to take a bite of the bread when I caught the faint whiff of mold.

'I think the bread is off' I said.

'Can't be' she responded, 'I've just had a slice and it was ok. It's your sense of smell that is failing, like your brain'.

So I checked the loaf. Three days out of date and the middle slices bright green.

Serves her right. Though I will have to watch to see she doesn't show signs of poisoning over the next few hours.

INT21.
INT21 – I eat frikadella quite often (one of my guilty pleasures, though usually with a plate-ful of veg) and the tiny bits of onion on the surface can look like mould as soon as the pack is open; I still keep them in the freezer just in case...

INT21

Antediluvian
You are correct about the onion. But I learned a long time ago to simply humour my wife. It makes for an easier life.

If she hadn't mentioned it I would have been quite happy to gently fry the frikadellan and eat it, assuming that any surface baddies would have been killed in the process.

uair01

Justified & Ancient

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
If you can ignore the politics then you might enjoy the karma.
Editor of politically correct NYT has several offensive racial tweets in his timeline.

Note: How does he not know that you simply cannot tweet those things, even if you think them? I thought everyone knew by now.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...racism-exposed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
But at least we know what he actually thinks. If he had self-censored then people might not know what he is really like.

So lets thank him, because now we've got his number.