• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

"A man accidentally shot himself and his wife during a meeting about gun safety at a Tennessee church. The couple, who are in their 80s, were discussing gun protection at a social meeting held at the First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains when the incident occurred."

Yep, cos you've just got to bring your gun to church. I'm sure Jesus would approve entirely and without demur. Er, possibly...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/husband-wife-accidentally-shot-church-095518823.html

who-would-jesus-shoot.jpg

Irony.... or is it?

Belgian artist rescued from installation representing 'inescapable burden of history'
Man chained to block of marble had to be cut free after he failed to liberate himself by chiselling away at the stone

A Belgian man who chained himself to a block of marble to show the “burden of history” from which artists cannot escape, was unable to free himself and had to be cut loose after 19 days.
In a performance that lasted 438 hours, Mikes Poppe attached himself to a three-metre (10ft) chain buried in the middle of a block of marble in the courthouse of the Belgian coastal city of Ostend.
Poppe, who ate, slept, washed and drew while chained, worked to liberate himself by chiselling away the stone towards the chain, but eventually had to be cut free.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...on-representing-inescapable-burden-of-history

Senator who pushed for anti-LGBT policies caught in a motel with a 17-year-old boy

Ralph Shortey admitted felony child sex trafficking after he was arrested in March this year

Ralph Shortey, 35, had paid the 17-year-old for sex, and was also found with marijuana.

He was arrested at the Super 8 motel in Oklahoma on March 9 this year, and resigned in the aftermath.

Police said he had been communicating with the boy for about a year before his arrest.

Shortey, who is married and has four children, sent repeated messages offering cash in exchange for sex.

Police had been called by the teenager's family.

The "Mr & Mrs Smith" registration process revisited:

"Hey, Shortey! We don't want your kind in the Super 8 Motel. I don't care if your "nephew" helps average things out!":fork:

How to discourage package thieves:

I was wondering how this was ironic, but then I realised that the package exists only to deter people from stealing it, much like a sign that says "do not throw stones at this sign".

This could also go in WTF and possibly elsewhere but you've got to love a story about a republican politician known for his anti-LGBT views caught in his office doing the naughty with another bloke.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ublican-christian-family-values-a8060631.html

Actually, that happens enough that many of us expect it of most of these anti-LGBT politicians and church "leaders." If they'd all just come out of the closet the world would be a much better place.

Actually, that happens enough that many of us expect it of most of these anti-LGBT politicians and church "leaders." If they'd all just come out of the closet the world would be a much better place.

Yup:while it's a cliche that the people who protest most strongly about homosexuality etc are actually that way themselves, it does seem to be true more often than not!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ations-calls-self-stable-genius-idUSKBN1EV0DW

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” said Trump, a former reality TV star and developer.

“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!”

Which movie to believe ...
blog.dilbert.com/2017/02/12/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality/

“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ...
As some commentators have noted, Trump had less money at the point he ran for president, than his father left him...which some may not consider 'successful business'.

Back