• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

Not a dot about what he did to earn this charge. He appears dready enough to be either a nazi rasta terrorist or a ganja peacenik. Who the fuk knows?

Not a dot about what he did to earn this charge. He appears dready enough to be either a nazi rasta terrorist or a ganja peacenik. Who the fuk knows?

The fact the cop is being charged as well suggests a very interesting take. I bet her taser was charged!

The fun continues in The west Wing.

Ana Navarro‏Verified account@ananavarro

A White House meeting convened to address leaking, got leaked. Que desastre!

Ana Navarro Retweeted Washington Examiner

DeO3xjhXkAALo12.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account@dcexaminer
Kelly Sadler accuses Mercedes Schlapp of being a leaker during meeting with Trump: Report https://washex.am/2L19tTK
10:16 PM - 27 May 2018

Who grassed on her?

Drug minister Victoria Atkins’s husband oversees cannabis farm

The drugs minister has been accused of a “massive conflict of interest” after it emerged that her husband operates Britain’s largest cannabis farm.

Victoria Atkins has now stopped speaking for the government on cannabis and other aspects of her drugs brief. The Home Office said she had “voluntarily recused herself from policy or decisions relating to cannabis”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...inss-husband-oversees-cannabis-farm-hv5q25pqr

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde: when you are minister to combat electoral fraud it is perhaps acceptable to have one constituency vicer chair arrested over electoral fraud but two looks like carelessness.

Top Tories in electoral fraud minister's local party arrested over electoral fraud allegations

Two vice chairs of Norwich Conservatives, the local party of Chloe Smith, the minister in charge of fighting electoral fraud were arrested on Thursday

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/top-tories-electoral-fraud-ministers-12594924

Mugshots.com owners charged with extortion. Here are their mugshots.

Mugshots.com works like this: they post pictures of your mugshots, publicize them as part of a public database of criminals and such, then charge you money to remove them. Here are the mugshots of two guys arrested on charges of extortion who are reportedly the site's owners—not coming down at any price.

https://boingboing.net/2018/05/18/mugshots-com-owners-charged-wi.html

I came across something the other day which struck me as ironic.

There was a lady from Norfolk who died just before the first world war whose initials were M.A.P. (I won't give her full name for reasons that will become obvious). She wrote in her will "my sole wish is that my name shall be utterly forgotten" and "my name is not to appear on any memorial tablet in any church … and no leaves or flowers shall be placed in or on my grave. My tombstone shall not cost more than £3 [she died a wealthy woman] and shall bear the inscription M.A.P.".

However, this was such an unusual statement in a will that a report about it got into the national press, and was published for example in the Daily Mirror. Thousands of people got to know her name through that report who would otherwise never have heard of her.

It gets worse. As luck would have it, the newspaper report was published on Tuesday April 16th 1912. The main headline on that day was the Titanic disaster (although these first reports stated that the ship had hit an iceberg but not sunk and nobody had been hurt, it was still big news). This newspaper has been endlessly reproduced in facsimile (which is how I got to read it) as the first report of one of the biggest news stories of the century.

So, M.A.P. of Norfolk wishes to be forgotten after her death. But she states her case so vigorously that the story makes the national papers, bringing her name to the attention of a wide readership. And this happens on the day that one of the most famous stories of all time is also published, meaning that day's newspaper is frequently republished for historical reasons, and her name is brought to a whole new readership down the decades that follow.

What is really ironic of course is that if she had just made no particular fuss at all her name would surely have been quietly forgotten within a few years.

from Twitter:

Don't worry everyone, Donald Trump arrives in three days to calm everything down.

I follow Katie Hopkins on Twitter (let me explain: she is often too hateful for my taste, but I got a weak spot for her after reading of her struggle with epilepsy). This came by. On the one hand I find it very funny because it attacks Trump's ego. On the other hand I agree with her analysis. If this is the most original Trump's opponents can invent then we have a very long way to go (unfortunately).

axe.jpg

Who's star is that?

Sorry, nevermind, I didn't realise he had a star

I follow Katie Hopkins on Twitter (let me explain: she is often too hateful for my taste, but I got a weak spot for her after reading of her struggle with epilepsy). This came by. On the one hand I find it very funny because it attacks Trump's ego. On the other hand I agree with her analysis. If this is the most original Trump's opponents can invent then we have a very long way to go (unfortunately).

View attachment 10954

No problem: with the streets bristling with CCTV cameras, Alcatraz-style street lighting and cities designed around facial recognition systems to protect the citizenry from crime the culprit was probably identified within milliseconds!

Certainly no passer-by would have noticed anything. I believe everyone in LA settles down at home with a mug of hot milk at about nine thirty.

..Read about this elsewhere, with a comment mentioning 'American exceptionalism'...

Does that mean it was an exceptionally stupid thing to do , particularly if you are American ?

INT21.

Back