• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

She just forgot the Gucci label on the cardboard box. She would have gone to being photographed in Walmart to being on the catwalk.

Author of ‘How to Murder your Husband’ on trial for murdering her husband

A romance novelist who once wrote an essay titled ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ has been accused of fatally shooting her own husband.
Nancy Crampton Brophy allegedly murdered Daniel in 2018 after 20 years of marriage.

Daniel, 63, was shot dead at the Oregon Culinary Institute where he taught people how to cook.

She’s been found guilty

The jury of seven women and five men found Nancy Crampton Brophy, 71, guilty of second-degree murder on Wednesday after deliberating for two days over Daniel Brophy’s death

1653592545539.png

These clowns are always blind to their own hypocrisy. And always defend their own actions as though it is okay or necessary. Ludicrous.
"The UK's first city mayor to declare a climate crisis has been questioned for flying nine hours to attend a conference to urge leaders to cut CO2."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61596817

Car drivers park on cycle lanes, while their owners are in a nearby park... riding static bikes as part of fitness classes.

The world really has gone utterly and totally mad.

I'm just thinking they might have exercised by, I don't know (I'm just thinking out loud here) riding A FLIPPIN' BIKE. You could even cycle to the gym, or the park. Though perhaps this is considered dangerous because of cars being parked in cycle lanes, and similar issues. And for the life of me I can't think of an answer…

https://road.cc/content/news/parked-cars-block-cycle-lane-while-owners-ride-static-bikes-293161

It does seem ridiculous. However from reading the article, it would appear there are a number of things here that (while not excusing parking on a cycle lane) indicate that this is, in fact, legal in this example, and there is no proof given that the people taking the fitness classes are the ones parking the cars there.
If they are, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if these people also actually own bicycles themselves anyway!
As I have said elsewhere, unfortunately you cannot legislate against idiocy.

These clowns are always blind to their own hypocrisy. And always defend their own actions as though it is okay or necessary. Ludicrous.
"The UK's first city mayor to declare a climate crisis has been questioned for flying nine hours to attend a conference to urge leaders to cut CO2."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61596817

Odd that the private jets our lords and masters use to attend such jollies are never attacked, yet drive a car of which a certain sort disapprove and it’ll have its tyres slashed.

maximus otter

Odd that the private jets our lords and masters use to attend such jollies are never attacked, yet drive a car of which a certain sort disapprove and it’ll have its tyres slashed.

maximus otter
I'm reminded of the person of royal patronage (I can't remember exactly who but it was probably the ginger whinger Harry) who flew across the world to attend some climate doom-mongering session, only to be collected from the airport in a big 4 wheel-drive jobbie, which was later found to be the vehicle proven to be the most polluting of it's type in the world, or something like that.
(I think it was a Cadillac Escalade ESV, which has a 6.2 litre V8 petrol engine, or a 3.0 litre Turbo Diesel and weighs about 17 tonnes [probably - I might have made the weight up])

I think it is a bit harder to get your hands on a private jet in order to slash its tyres. There certainly aren't very many parked in my street although there are plenty of cars.
There's also the difficulty involved with slashing a jet's tyres. They are pretty robust.

maximus otter
Reminds me of how we, the common folk, are constantly being told to take public transportation instead of planes to save on fuel exhaust, even as they are jetting around in their private planes. Ok.

There's really no excuse.
All trucks I ever drove here in the UK had a sticker on the dashboard telling you how high the vehicle is.
Every 'low bridge' has a sign way beforehand to indicate the height limit.
I can only imagine that in the above instance it was a contracted haulier pulling an oversized trailer.
1654424676733.png

Nice description of a scientific field in decay (Bruno Macaes):

Two decades ago, when I arrived at Harvard to study political philosophy, the discipline had become a dull affair. Imagine joining a field of study or activity after it has completed all its stated goals. Not Shakespeare, not even a commentator on his plays—you are a commentator on his commentators. Nothing left to do, but the show must go on because there is no one in charge of pulling the plug.

From 2006:
UCI Psychiatrist Bilked by Nigerian E-Mails, Suit Says

A renowned psychiatrist from UC Irvine was duped into squandering at least $1.3 million of his family’s fortune on a Nigeria Internet scam, according to a lawsuit recently filed by his son.

The son, also an Orange County doctor, said his father -- Dr. Louis A. Gottschalk -- gave as much as $3 million over a 10-year period in response to an Internet plea that promised the doctor a generous cut of a huge sum of cash trapped in African bank accounts in exchange for money advances.

The court documents, filed last month in Orange County Superior Court, allege Gottschalk even traveled to Africa to meet a shadowy figure known as “The General.”

Gottschalk -- who at 89 still works at the UCI campus medical plaza that bears his name -- said in court papers that the losses were caused by “some bad investments.”

Man died when he crashed motorbike at same bus stop where he killed hotel receptionist in hit-and-run eight years before

Nathan Davis, then 28, was jailed for five years and four months in April 2013 after he mowed down hotel receptionist Veronica Chango-Alvarez, 31.

She was waiting for a bus on Streatham High Road in Norbury, south London, when Mr Davis's Audi crashed into her at 5:30am on 22 December 2012. Police were forced to hunt for Mr Davis after he fled the scene and abandoned his Audi. A 51-year-old man was also seriously injured in the collision.

Eight years later on 13 September 2020 Mr Davis, 35, died after crashing at the same spot on his black Yamaha motorcycle, Inner South London Coroner's court heard yesterday [May 26]

The carpenter from Clapham was speeding at 60mph in a 30mph zone before he collided with an advertising board at the bus stop.

Mr Davis was thrown nearly 25m onto the opposite pavement, sustaining 'multiple open fractures and massive internal bleeding'.

He died 12 days later from multiple organ failure brought on by fractures to his spine, forearm, and pelvis.

The Metropolitan Police's forensic collision investigators found 'no contaminants, no obstructions, no conditions that would have affected the collision'.

They added there were no issues with the bike, Mr Davis was wearing all the correct gear, and there was no third party involvement or use of substances.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...p-killed-31-year-old-woman-hit-run-smash.html

Please appreciate how hard I have bitten my tongue to avoid commenting...

maximus otter

Man jailed for Southend London Road machete attack

A thug who viciously attacked and blinded a man during a horrifying attack has been jailed for more than 12 years.

Lenny Draper, of Sheepen Road, Colchester, was one of two brutal attackers who approached a man while armed with a machete in Southend.

The victim, a man in his 20s, had been walking along London Road with friends at about 11.30pm on August 20, 2020, when he was suddenly confronted by two men.

Southend Crown Court heard how he was subjected to a violent, targeted attack which left him with severe face, head and back injuries, before both attackers fled the scene.

The second attacker, Sam Jarman-Hall, 41, of Whittington Road, Brentwood, was also found critically injured near to College Way and later died from his injuries the following week.

CCTV footage of the incident confirmed he had fatally injured himself with the blade he was carrying.
DNA evidence from Draper, 27, was also found on the weapon.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/20153445.man-jailed-southend-london-road-machete-attack/

maximus otter

An Australian ski resort was destroyed by bushfires 2 - 3 years ago. After more than two years of rebuilding, the resort's scheduled re-opening for the new winter season had to be postponed because of unusually heavy snow.
Selwyn Snow Resort delays reopening due to heavy snow falls, after two years of rebuilding

Selwyn Snow Resort was destroyed during the 2019-20 bushfires and was due to open on July 2 after a two-and-a-half-year rebuild.

However, a significant early dumping of snow has forced the business to push that date back again, which Blyton Group general manager Lucy Blyton said was "devastating".

"Mother Nature has not been our friend over the past three years," she said.

"There's so much snow up there so we're at a point where we cannot clear it to keep going. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-13/selwyn-resort-reopening-delayed-heavy-snow/101147706

Back