• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

1670604402255.png

Andreesen Horowitz is a well known tech investor. THat's his face on the anal dildo.

Ironically, the father of fascism Mussolini, was indirectly instrumental in extending the popularity of pizza throughout Italy, from where, after WW2, it spread throughout Europe.

"Before the rise of Fascism, the pizza was restricted almost completely to Naples and the surrounding area. However, when Mussolini forced many southerners to move north to work in the factories, the Neapolitans took the pizza with them and there were soon pizzerias in the larger cities that served mostly the southerners. The pizzerias slowly began to get popular with the northerners".

I find the latest shenanigans by Musk to be ironic.
Wanted (allegedly) to buy Twitter to promote free speech, gets called out for cancelling journalists, gets salty and announces a public poll for a public vote on if he should remain head of the platform and ending up saying "beware of what you wish for".
Struggled to buy, failed to pull out of the deal, discovered it wasn't the easy dictatorship he thought then asks the users to sack him.
I wonder if he could find a buyer without making a massive loss.

I find the latest shenanigans by Musk to be ironic.
Wanted (allegedly) to buy Twitter to promote free speech, gets called out for cancelling journalists, gets salty and announces a public poll for a public vote on if he should remain head of the platform and ending up saying "beware of what you wish for".
Struggled to buy, failed to pull out of the deal, discovered it wasn't the easy dictatorship he thought then asks the users to sack him.
I wonder if he could find a buyer without making a massive loss.

Musk has the right idea, but will he be allowed to succeed?

It would be impossible to discuss this much more deeply without trespassing into forbidden territory.

maximus otter

Musk has the right idea, but will he be allowed to succeed?

It would be impossible to discuss this much more deeply without trespassing into forbidden territory.

maximus otter

Ironically I have been suspended from Twitter for defending LGB Rights against the onslaughts by TRAs, I'm sure EM would lift my suspension if I could contact him.

The biggest irony with the whole 'twitter cancellations' thing, it seems, is that after Elon bought it he reinstated a lot of accounts that had been previously cancelled thanks to complaints mainly coming from 'a certain group of people'.
That 'certain group of people' claimed that it was perfectly reasonable in the first place to have those accounts suspended because they shouldn't be allowed a platform for their views.
Then Elon also starts to suspend accounts by 'a certain group of people' and all of a sudden a right to 'free speech' is being claimed, which is just exactly the same 'free speech' that they themselves had initially managed to get denied to those other people in the first place.
Ironic isn't it how, when the boot is on the other foot, it is apparently no longer fair to go kicking things?

I don't think it was only that some got banned pre Musk and now some are being banned again, I think it had more to do with why some got banned pre Musk.

I also think to go any further down this line of discussion will have the mods after me.

I think the only actual irony that there is going to be in regard to this matter is that it is inevitably going to be somebody who claims not to want to mention politics who is going to get this thread closed down for mentioning politics.

I think the only actual irony that there is going to be in regard to this matter is that it is inevitably going to be somebody who claims not to want to mention politics who is going to get this thread closed down for mentioning politics.
We successfully managed to avoid mentioning it until then. :)

The FBI had the SVR’s New York rezidentura wired thanks to a clever operation. An undercover placed in Sporyshev’s path posed as an analyst from a New York–based energy company. She provided the Russian with a set of binders that were supposed to contain industry analyses. She explained they would be missed eventually so they needed to be returned, but she could then get more. Inside each set of binders were covert recording devices. Sporyshev took these binders into his office in the rezidentura. When they were returned to the undercover, the audio could be transcribed and translated. And by then a new binder was in place. There would be hundreds of hours for Ricci’s team to work through.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...us?from_search=true&from_srp=uGwDX176N2&qid=1

Ironically I have been suspended from Twitter for defending LGB Rights against the onslaughts by TRAs, I'm sure EM would lift my suspension if I could contact him.
There IS a way to contact Elon Musk - but it is an 800 number for here in the USA, I'm not sure if that will work overseas?

1-800-613-8840

Also, email addresses:

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Elon-Musk

Sad that you have been suspended, I'm sure Musk will hear your concern.

There IS a way to contact Elon Musk - but it is an 800 number for here in the USA, I'm not sure if that will work overseas?

1-800-613-8840

Also, email addresses:

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Elon-Musk

Sad that you have been suspended, I'm sure Musk will hear your concern.

Thanks!

I'll fight it through normal channels for a while longer then try one of those methods.

'Director of emancipation knowledge center fired for transgressive behavior'

Note: Talking about biases ... I had to scan the article twice, before realizing that the director is a woman. I had automatically assumed it must be a man. So I was extra astonished by: "starting meetings with belly dancing and sometimes appearing in her bra or thong in the workplace" :)

Kaouthar Darmoni was fired early this month as director of Atria, the Knowledge Institute for Emancipation and Women's History. De Volkskrant writes, based on an external investigation, the conclusions of which the newspaper has in its hands, that Darmoni was allegedly repeatedly guilty of "(sexually) transgressive and intimidating behavior" toward subordinates. According to the report from which the Volkskrant quotes, she also allegedly "did not treat staff employment rights with integrity."

Among other things, Atria does research on equal treatment and opportunities for women and girls. The organization is involved in campaigns and itself advises companies and governments, including on combating transgressive behavior.

Three former Atria employees tell the Volkskrant that Darmoni behaved exhibitionistically, starting meetings with belly dancing and sometimes appearing in her bra or thong in the workplace. A former employee is quoted, "Sometimes when dancing she would press her breasts or buttocks against you. If anyone said anything about her behavior, she would laugh at you squarely."

Public shaming and harassment also allegedly occurred. Further, former employees complain that the Atria office was hung with cameras. This was called a security measure, but in practice staff would have been monitored with them.

Darmoni would not comment on the conclusions of the investigation in the Volkskrant. She does say, however, that she is challenging her dismissal in court because she says the reasons for her dismissal are "incorrect" and a "concoction of fabrications." She goes on to say that "the opinions of employees who were positive and objected to the investigators' insinuating line of questioning" were not included.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://nos.nl/artikel/2458160-dire...patie-ontslagen-om-grensoverschrijdend-gedrag

Last edited:
Katie Price - life coach.

‘Hi everyone. Now we all know I’ve had my ups, I’ve had my downs and now I want to start helping people.

‘Now I’m going to start my life coaching training with The Coaching Masters. And it’s so easy to do and you get all your certifications, all of that, and it’s like a membership that you do each month for £9.99.’
She continued: ‘It’s amazing, you don’t have to be qualified, you don’t have to know knowledge of this and that and they literally teach you everything to become a life coach like I am going to become. It’s an amazing opportunity for those out there who have been through their ups and downs to now help other people.’

‘I’m really excited to do it. I’m so happy I’ve come aboard and who knows, I could be coaching you,’ she concluded.

Maybe it's a total irony - she is the example of what not to do.

Katie Price - life coach.

‘Hi everyone. Now we all know I’ve had my ups, I’ve had my downs and now I want to start helping people.

‘Now I’m going to start my life coaching training with The Coaching Masters. And it’s so easy to do and you get all your certifications, all of that, and it’s like a membership that you do each month for £9.99.’
"Yay. . . we're all saved." :drown:
1673190875050.jpeg

Back