Old-School Cool

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I think l speak for at least 50% of the forum when l say “Pics or it didn’t happen”.

maximus otter
I don't want to give her (or the Mrs) the wrong idea ;), just imagine a brunette haired lady that looks like Jessica Rabbit .. another cool thing is that her Dad's our handyman (he's the one when we both got threatened by environmental health for that fire), I've done bits and pieces for him as he's designed and hand built our bar ... then it turns out as I learn that I've worked behind at least two other bars that he designed and hand built during his apprenticeship (he's about 60 now) and this is the first time I've ever met him :cool:.

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God
My dream car, the most beautiful car ever built ... I'd be too scared to drive it though and not because of its price tag but because of the amount of passion that went into building it/them for all of the below reasons (not to mention the replica of it from Ferris Bueller's Day Off soaring it into 80's pop culture reverence .. the films insurance couldn't cover using a real one so they had to build a replica) .. if you can find one, expect to pay at least 10 million for one nowadays ... this one belongs to radio DJ Chris Evans.

I can't watch the video here at work but I seem to remember that its provenance is more interesting than just Chris Evans. Was it not James Coburn's car? And was he not advised to buy it by Steve McQueen? For me, that goes beyond mere "old school cool".

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Envious!
Might wanna pull back that front mudguard.... and rip the sticker off that bin.

Krepostnoi

Popular orange vegetable
Nice. I used to have a K-750, but without the natty second saddle on the parcel rack. What with that and the plunger frame, one outing on Russian roads 20 years ago was enough to put my other half right off the idea of riding pillion... It's only now we've got a properly suspended twist-and-go and a tropical climate to ride in that she has come around to the idea once again.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Wish I could go and see this exhibition. Almost 3,000 photographs of New York in the summer of '78 have been discovered in storage. I confess, that despite all the changes the New York of the late 70s and early 80s is what I have in my mind's eye. I've never visited.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/44114627/lost-photos-of-an-old-new-york-summer

Of all the Americans I have spent time with, which is a good few now, the Jewish New Yorker is the chap with whom I found the most affinity. I've always wondered whether that was down to personal qualities or whether, perhaps, there might be some overlap in worldview with us Brits.

henry

still speeding
ive been a 2 car family for a couple years while i got the dodge reliable ... sold my other car a few days ago to a guy in preston ... its a mitsubishi gto so has a minor cool itself ... i advertised it on a US car forum i use, because the guys there are all a pretty trustworthy lot

drove the car to the guys place about an hour away ... turned out i sold a car to the same guy in 2001 ! was a 74 charger, total shed ... he has just furnished me with what is now my only photo of the vehicle
IMG-20180520-WA0001.jpg

henry

still speeding
took me a while to locate this based on what i could remember of it, which was basically just that a roger-lloyd-pack-a-like nazi commandant / alien spaceship pilot who resembled his own ship was chasing down kooky redheads wherever they could be found ... apparently directed by michel gondry, confirming even as a young man i had taste and distinction

Krepostnoi

Popular orange vegetable
Side-saddle on a motorbike! Whoa...!
Depending on how one is dressed, there are certain constraints of modesty which dictate sitting side-saddle. I have to say, I am massively impressed by the many women I see here who not only ride pillion side-saddle, but don't use their hands to hold on to either the pilot or the bike. Like ballet dancers, they make it look elegant and effortless, whereas in fact it's a subtle display of great skill in terms of balance, anticipation, and core muscle control.

(It seems important to me that I should further note how much it gladdens my heart to see an almost even split between men and women down at the sharp end of the motorcycle, too.)