Old-School Cool

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
I hadn't picked up on that not being Graham Chapman – but having seen his stand-in live at Premises Arts Centre in Norwich back in the day (ie a long time ago!) I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Maybe Graham Chapman was, er, hung-over on the day of the photoshoot. I believe that Graham liked a drop...
It looks like Neil Innes.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
It takes more than the Luftwaffe to put some people off their golf
750bdf5d8c49626c649a809fd4257463.jpg

Apparently Dr Goebbels, Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda, heard about the new rules and referred to them in a broadcast to Britain by Lord Haw-Haw (William Joyce)…

“By means of these ridiculous reforms the English snobs try to impress the people with a kind of pretended heroism. They can do so without danger, because, as everyone knows, the German Air Force devotes itself only to the destruction of military targets and objectives of importance to the war effort.”
The military targets clearly included the laundry at Richmond Golf Club.
https://stmargarets.london/archives/2012/02/the_temporary_rules_of_golf.html

Sabresonic

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
love the fashion from the 1920s to early 70s and then again from late 70s to mid 80s for all the youth tribe culture but sadly since the late 1980s it's either people wanting to look like some Boys from the Hood or some well to do pink head scruff.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
love the fashion from the 1920s to early 70s and then again from late 70s to mid 80s for all the youth tribe culture but sadly since the late 1980s it's either people wanting to look like some Boys from the Hood or some well to do pink head scruff.
Those hats and ties were definitely bought as soon as they got hired as detectives.

Good afternoon, would you happen to stock detective hats?

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Hong Kong police detectives, 1947

View attachment 26609
Reminds me of this chap, not someone you'd want to upset:
William Ewart Fairbairn (/ˈfɛərbɛərn/; 28 February 1885 – 20 June 1960) was a British Royal Marine and police officer. He developed hand-to-hand combat methods for the Shanghai Police during the interwar period, as well as for the allied special forces during World War II. He created his own fighting system known as Defendu. Notably, this included innovative pistol shooting techniques and the development of the Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Fairbairn

download.jpg

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Those hats and ties were definitely bought as soon as they got hired as detectives.

Good afternoon, would you happen to stock detective hats?
It reminds me of a series in the Victor or a similar comic about a British HK police inspector who brought a little terrier around with him.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
There''s a song simply titles 'Errol' by an Aussie band called 'Australian Crawl' which sum up his life simply, but perfectly...

Convict state
It just won't rate
He want to get higher
Apple isle, the inbred smile
He's gonna get by'a
His mother's hand
He could not stand
He left for the islands
To fish and hunt
To take a punt
The New Guinea highlands

Chorus