• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

On Me Head, Mate

A

Anonymous

Has anybody heard this story/legend, dunno if its true or not...

About 7 yrs ago a freind told me about a group of 'casual's' (football orientated hooligans) who had kicked someone so much they actually decapitated him and preceeded to have a kick about with their new head/ball.

Any body else hear somthing similar?

Never heard this U/L but it makes me think of the film The Man Who Would Be King, there's a tribe in that who cut off heads and play football (or maybe it was polo?) with them.

Marie

Brings back memories of reports from Rwanda.

There was a football team got ambushed and the coach beheaded. Every member of the team had 1 leg "amputated" becasue they refused to play ball with their coach's head.

Sounds similar to what allegedly happened to Custer's head after he was killed at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. I think the more modern tales are retellings of older ones.

JerryB said:
Sounds similar to what allegedly happened to Custer's head after he was killed at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. I think the more modern tales are retellings of older ones.

It's really hard to kill someone by kicks in the head, and I would say that's pretty much impossible to behead someone. It would take, I imagine, hundreds of hoolingans to do it, and it would ocupy them for some time. Those idiots don't ussually have long attention spans, so I think they would probably kill the guy and be distracted by something brigth after a while.

I can't trace the exact reference but there is a horrific account of
(I think) Columbus's men going beserk on an island beach and
engaging in atrocities against the Native people.

Before the eyes of a young mother, they buried her baby in
the sand and kicked off its head to use as a football.

I understand that accounts of atrocities by the Spaniards are
often dismissed as black propaganda but as some historians
have pointed out, the genocidal instinct seems latent in all
men. The Spaniards just had greater opportunities to display it.
:(

James Whitehead said:
I can't trace the exact reference but there is a horrific account of
(I think) Columbus's men going beserk on an island beach and
engaging in atrocities against the Native people.

Before the eyes of a young mother, they buried her baby in
the sand and kicked off its head to use as a football.

I understand that accounts of atrocities by the Spaniards are
often dismissed as black propaganda but as some historians
have pointed out, the genocidal instinct seems latent in all
men. The Spaniards just had greater opportunities to display it.
:(

As did the British, or the Aztecs, Mongols, Romans and all other conquerors in history. And lets not forget the good old nazis.
:eek!!!!:

this vaguely reminds me of an UL about University College London, where Jeremy Bentham's preserved corpse is displayed in a glass case. The dessicated head was long ago replaced with a wax substitute, the story being that drunken students had broken the glass and played football with the original.

That's utilitarianism for you.

wasn't polo originally played by arabs with a decapitated head? or is this just imperialist propaganda by a bunch of toffs on horse back trying to make themselves look hard?

A girl I know's ex was in Gulf War 1, and admitted he and his mates played football with a head they found. I think it influenced the break-up. :eek!!!!:

bobbaman said:
About 7 yrs ago a freind told me about a group of 'casual's' (

Nnnnrrrggghhh! Deduct five points for incorrect use of the apostrophe. The hooligans do not belong to a 'casual'. Each one is a 'casual' and there are more than one of them.
I am king of punctuation.;)

wasn't polo originally played by arabs with a decapitated head? or is this just imperialist propaganda by a bunch of toffs on horse back trying to make themselves look hard?

I always heard it was Genghis Khan's Mongols rather than Arabs.

Sounds similar to what allegedly happened to Custer's head after he was killed at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.

I heard quite the opposite tale in which Custer was the only one spared mutilation due to the Indians recognition of his rank... seems unlikely they wouldn't have recognised him as a murderous bastard as well as a colonel

In Afghanistan they play something similar to polo but with a goat head instead of a ball. I'd imagine it might not always be from just a goat.

Back