• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Online Archive Of Past FT Issues?

paganfrog

Junior Acolyte
just a quick query
is there anywhere online that holds pdf files of back issues of the FT ? i want to catch up and enjoy reading the articles but dont have the household space nor lifestyle to have a ton of old magazines

just a quick query
is there anywhere online that holds pdf files of back issues of the FT ? i want to catch up and enjoy reading the articles but dont have the household space nor lifestyle to have a ton of old magazines
There are occassional issues that you can find and a good few years ago pdf versions of early issues were available, you might be able to pick them up on ebay?

If your library subscribes to Zinio or a similar service FT might be available from them.

There is no pdf archive of all back issues available online that I am aware of personally.

The basic answer is "No."

There's a substantial (but extremely fragmentary) set of material from issues published up until 2013 or 2014 that can be accessed via the Wayback Machine (aka the Internet Archive):

https://archive.org/web/

Enter "www.forteantimes.com" in the search box to see what's available.

The available content is typically limited to the issue-specific webpages that:

(a) the publishers bothered to post online and ...
(b) the early Wayback bots and crawlers happened to capture.

Articles linked off those general webpages are the bits most likely to be archived and accessible. The deeper you dive into the different sub-categories / sub-areas the less likely it becomes that you'll access anything.

Sometime no later than 2014 the publisher (or staff; or someone) discontinued posting magazine content on the FT website, and visitors could only see a "Subscribe to FT" notice.

There is no pdf archive of all back issues available online that I am aware of personally.

Agreed ... In searching the 'Net for past FT materials I've occasionally run across PDF files of past issues (or articles therein), but I've never stumbled across any general / comprehensive archive anywhere.

ah yes i do have access to recent past issues (last 12 months) free via regional library service, but as they delete when they go beyond a year old, im unable to read anything older.
i tend to be oldschool and prefer to have printed paper books and publications, but as i am in a family with limited storage space, i cannot hoard stuff like id wish to.
shame

Back