• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ooh-Err... Nasty House

Thanks for the guide but I’m an iPad user nowadays rather than a good old pc and I’m too old to learn new tricks! If anyone is interested in the history of the Dundee murder house it might be known as the Roseangle Murder House as well.

Thanks for the guide but I’m an iPad user nowadays rather than a good old pc and I’m too old to learn new tricks! If anyone is interested in the history of the Dundee murder house it might be known as the Roseangle Murder House as well.
Ah... OK.

I used to live just outside St. Andrews and occasionally had to venture across the bridge to Dundee. Quite often I had to walk past what was once obviously a quite attractive property, in an absolutely prime location just a short walk from the city centre, that was steadily falling into disrepair over the years. Although potentially worth a fortune it just wasn’t being taken on by anybody and it absolutely gave off an uncomfortable vibe which I just put down to it being so run down......that was until I found out that it was the infamous Dundee murder house. I’d put up a link to it’s unfortunate history but I’m not that IT savvy.
I'd never heard of that. It is quite the grim tale. Thanks, I think.

Is this Zoopla entry the same house? It's currently for rent at £725 per month.

Edit to add - no, it isn't the same place.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/54876766?search_identifier=f0f859482735c1090ce39ef7f9f8c5ca

1588956160934.png

I didn't know where to put this so please so please move if a more appropriate place can be found.

I listened to the You Tube episode of Bedtime Stories regarding the Celle Rathaus in Germany. I didn't know of it before and the tales relating to it are rather unsettling.

I can't help wondering why someone hasn't used it as inspiration for a horror film (removing the Nazi element) :

https://www.historicmysteries.com/celle-neues-rathaus-legend/

Gahhhhhhh! Spudrick68, did you know there would be a picture of a nasty spiky-leggy spider in the side bar of that article? THAT was unsettling! And don't try to convince me it was just an algorithm!

Sat at my desk at night recently which is about a metre away from the outside door I heard footsteps on the gravel which borders my office then two steps pass my door then nothing.

I was up a second later opened the door and nobody there. It's impossible anyone could have ran around the side of the building to my left and I checked the lawn to the right which is fenced in and goes nowhere and that was empty too.

I recreated it and you have to try hard to hit the gravel as it has paving stones that act as a path. You would have to have quite small feet.

I contacted the nearby buildings and none of the staff were outside at that time.

My building is not on a route that would be used by anyone except me and I'm all alone.

Nobody without a silent jetpack could have vanished from my sight it's impossible. We have excellent lighting too.

Even if someone sprinted when I opened the door I should have still heard them. If the steps had carried on they would have been a maximum of 3 meters away.

Just a little thing. I'd gone to the toilet once turned off all the lights went to do my thing. Several hours later came back into the building and the middle toilet stall light was switched on.

I switched off all the lights when I left. No one else in the building. Also, I never use that stall ever.

I didn't know where to put this so please so please move if a more appropriate place can be found.

I listened to the You Tube episode of Bedtime Stories regarding the Celle Rathaus in Germany. I didn't know of it before and the tales relating to it are rather unsettling.

I can't help wondering why someone hasn't used it as inspiration for a horror film (removing the Nazi element) :

https://www.historicmysteries.com/celle-neues-rathaus-legend/
I finally got up the nerve to listen to this episode. (Rainy Saturday afternoon, you know how that is.) I think it's going to give me nightmares!
(As if what happened during WWII isn't nightmare material already! :( )

Not a biggy but left the empty building, (reminder my place - no one enters it), and came back with the corner room which is the room I find most disturbing with all the lights on.

There is no way I missed that - you physically cant.
Get a camera.

I can't because of my job. I'm guessing some of it is down to fatigue but then something will happen and it blows you away.

edit there are major cameras outside.
I have several little cameras about $40 each by Kasa in locations that need monitoring, they link to my phone, do motion sensing, are reasonably useful and I doubt your management would even notice them.

Morning NF do you think it’s going to start again.Is it the time of year!!
Or does it happen all the time :oops:

I think a "haunted" location gets used to people and people get used to it.

I don't get as weirded out as I first did in that building. Apart from a few months ago with the footsteps nothing really unnerves me anymore.

I also used to see some really weird stuff on the way home from work late at night, The place has many legends. I saw an actual apparition, weird random voices, and a shadow-thing, a very creepy mist, ( I still cannot explain that one). Now I've been part of that landscape for many years, ( a marshy protected area with a cycle track), the landscape leaves me alone now. It seems to know that I'll pick up litter and in my own small way protect it.

Pre Covid I'd warn foreign tourists not to pitch their tents in certain spots though.

I like the idea that the older and greyer I get I can be that guy that warns the teenagers of their impending fate.

73037734.jpg

Last edited:
I think a "haunted" location gets used to people and people get used to it.

I don't get as weirded out as I first did in that building. Apart from a few months ago with the footsteps nothing really unnerves me anymore.

I also used to see some really weird stuff on the way home from work late at night, The place has many legends. I saw an actual apparition, weird random voices, and a shadow-thing, a very creepy mist, ( I still cannot explain that one). Now I've been part of that landscape for many years, ( a marshy protected area with a cycle track), the landscape leaves me alone now. It seems to know that I'll pick up litter and in my own small way protect it.

Pre Covid I'd warn foreign tourists not to pitch their tents in certain spots though.

I like the idea that the older and greyer I get I can be that guy that warns the teenagers of their impending fate.

73037734.jpg

It'd be interesting to have a log of all the incidents over the years. Dunno if you've been asked before but can you get access to the cctv footage at your building? Probably not.

And what you'd gain from seeing lights switch on when you know you've locked it & it's empty I don't know. You already know it's happening..

It'd be interesting to have a log of all the incidents over the years. Dunno if you've been asked before but can you get access to the cctv footage at your building? Probably not.

And what you'd gain from seeing lights switch on when you know you've locked it & it's empty I don't know. You already know it's happening..
Yup, weird stuff happens and that's it, you don't have to try to prove it.

Was chatting about this today with Techy.

A quite sensationally spooky thing happened to me in broad daylight at work some years ago.

I could rushed back and told everyone I was working with about, it but I wasn't prepared to spend the short time I had just then on explaining it and possibly defending myself against accusations of seeing things and so on.

On other occasions I'd sit with other staff and we'd enjoy a brew and exchange ghost stories. It's all about how much time one has and whether it's worth disclosing the experience.

But it sounds like there would be serious consequences if they did. I'm not sure it's fair to suggest a poster should risk their career to assuage our curiosity, especially in the current economic climate.
I think he's old enough to make a decision. Most employers I can think if would have been intrigued. And if there is super-security involved in this workplace, if I were them I'd be very interested in his stories.

Yup, weird stuff happens and that's it, you don't have to try to prove it.

Was chatting about this today with Techy.

A quite sensationally spooky thing happened to me in broad daylight at work some years ago.

I could rushed back and told everyone I was working with about, it but I wasn't prepared to spend the short time I had just then on explaining it and possibly defending myself against accusations of seeing things and so on.

On other occasions I'd sit with other staff and we'd enjoy a brew and exchange ghost stories. It's all about how much time one has and whether it's worth disclosing the experience.

Ironically I don't have time to respond to your brilliant post!

I think he's old enough to make a decision. Most employers I can think if would have been intrigued. And if there is super-security involved in this workplace, if I were them I'd be very interested in his stories.

Are you kidding? I cannot imagine any manager I've ever had agreeing to let me set up cameras in the workplace.

There are issues of client confidentiality for a start. Then colleagues might not take kindly to being filmed, but recording without telling them would be about as sackable an act as you could devise.

Are you kidding? I cannot imagine any manager I've ever had agreeing to let me set up cameras in the workplace.

There are issues of client confidentiality for a start. Then colleagues might not take kindly to being filmed, but recording without telling them would be about as sackable an act as you could devise.
Depends entirely on what sort of workplace it is. Might not have clients walking around. Might be a room without workers in it Can't hurt to ask.

Depends entirely on what sort of workplace it is. Might not have clients walking around. Might be a room without workers in it Can't hurt to ask.

If someone came to me with the idea I'd start to develop doubts about them!

@Naughty_Felid

Here's a suggestion for an experiment to interract with/set the polt a challenge.

Is it just one room where the lights switch on or multiple rooms? If it's one room try taping the switch with a strip of gaffa in off position when you leave the building locked up. See if it overcomes the awesome power of gaffa & moves a switch or if that foils it, whether it results in a different weirdness manifestation.

If multiple rooms, try taping them all in 'off'.

I fully accept you probably have more important things to do at work..

Back