• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Orang-Pendek Caught On Film?

Seen some stills. Looks like a naked man rather than an orang-pendek.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaM
Check out the parabreakdown analysis of the footage. He concludes it's a bloke in shorts and trainers, deaf to the noise of approaching trail bikes, who runs the length of a bike trail when he could have just leapt into the brush either side and no-one would have been any the wiser (which is what any animal apart from a bloke in shorts and trainers would probably do.)

He concludes it's a bloke in shorts and trainers
Does he? Not necessarily in physical person, he doesn't. He infers that there is highly-compressed imagery which may have been originally been filmed, somewhere, of someone in shorts and trainers.

I love the way in which the pendek-man is so small, he doesn't even swathe the grass as he (eventually) dives off the path, for cover. In my opinion, this is just:
  • Completely-Gratuitous Imagery
  • Carefully-Generated Imagineering
  • Cartoon Generated Invention

Also, his odd sing-song Bill Brysonesque delivery is mildly-emetogenic. It should include a warning from the Surgeon-General.

Also, bear in mind this video was originally not supposed to be orang pendek but a member of the lost Mante tribe.

There's certainly something a bit unnatural about it to my eyes & the stick they produce at the end looks far longer than the one carried by the diminutive 'pygmy'.

It's also pretty inconceivable that the 'pygmy' wouldn't have heard the motorbikes coming & if he didn't want to be seen, would have ample warning to lie low. Unless he was deaf.

Back