• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Orb On Video

Crankyoldgit62

Devoted Cultist
Morning, I saw a video on Facebook update of a family member of mine. She was being filmed and she had a few drinks, when she was asked a few questions, she started giggling and that's when I saw an orb float up and out of shot!!!! Had to see it again because I wasn't sure what I saw. It looked definitely like an orb, funny thing was it looked as though she saw something, as when see was giggling, she stopped. Weird and interesting, any thoughts ladies and gents? Cheers.

I like this orb case, in January 2nd, 1998, in a Brazilian city.

Automatic translation of an article on the case:
https://translate.google.com/transl...o/ufologia/1269-a-sonda-de-capao-redondo.html

I like it because it was recorded on the old analog VHS tape, when drones are not common. One of the persons in the video narration asks if it is remotely controlled. You can bet there was nothing like this in 1998. It is the one case, from the top of my mind, that makes me ask "What on the world is this thing?"

A longer video about the subject can be found here (try the automatic translation of the closed captions):

Just a thought, ball lightning can do some very unusual tings Very rare as well.

Morning, Coal unfortunately couldn't get hold of the video,I should've put it on the forum when I saw it but didn't. I think it's been taken downAnyway I did go on YouTube to see if there was any video similar but apart from one video which explained the difference between orbs and dust motes( I found quite interesting),couldn't find one that I described. Jim, it didn't look like ball lightning.

Thinking it might be a Chinese lantern. Ball lightning has never been credibly described to last for that long.

Many years ago (I know it was between October 1980 and April 1985 as I was with my 1st wife to be, but not yet married) I was with my girlfriend/fiancée flying a kite at night on the local sports field in Edwalton, near West Bridgford, on the outskirts of Nottingham, England.

Because I thought it would be fun, I attached one of the lights from one of our bicycles to the kite line. The light swang from side to side and bobbed up and down as the kite rose and fell on the wind.

A police car pulled up and two policemen got out and started to walk cautiously, perhaps nervously, in our direction. Then they saw that we were flying a kite, burst out laughing, and went back to the car.

Turns out there had been a UFO documentary on TV recently, and someone from the nearby pub (The Meadow Covert) had seen a "mysterious light in the sky" and reported it.

I'd say that there is nothing mysterious about the one shown in the video. Whether it is a Chinese lantern, or a light on a kite is unclear because the film is out of focus and the camera is not steady.

I have to admit I am not a big fan of "orbs" [could be dust particles or mist,rain who knows what]. That said I went out a few yrs ago and took a few photos around a man made farm pond on my grandparents property at night and most pictures came out normally except two which were in consecutive shots which did kinda spook me . One shows a few distant orbs and the next showed hundreds of them like I was in no mans territory. Sorry I did not keep the pictures but could go back out when there is less snow on the ground and take a few more.

Many years ago (I know it was between October 1980 and April 1985 as I was with my 1st wife to be, but not yet married) I was with my girlfriend/fiancée flying a kite at night on the local sports field in Edwalton, near West Bridgford, on the outskirts of Nottingham, England.

Because I thought it would be fun, I attached one of the lights from one of our bicycles to the kite line. The light swang from side to side and bobbed up and down as the kite rose and fell on the wind.

A police car pulled up and two policemen got out and started to walk cautiously, perhaps nervously, in our direction. Then they saw that we were flying a kite, burst out laughing, and went back to the car.

Turns out there had been a UFO documentary on TV recently, and someone from the nearby pub (The Meadow Covert) had seen a "mysterious light in the sky" and reported it.

I'd say that there is nothing mysterious about the one shown in the video. Whether it is a Chinese lantern, or a light on a kite is unclear because the film is out of focus and the camera is not steady.
That gives me an idea , Thx

Back