• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Other Places

Ghostwoods

Writer, nerd, half-arsed researcher
Not, unfortunately, in the transdimensional sense.

Where are the other discussion places in the Fortean and paranormal internet that you consider worth popping into? Google's proved bloody useless, and Reddit even more so.

All suggestions appreciated!

I've not encountered anywhere I've found especially interesting, that said, I've never really looked or not for many years at ant rate.

There are many interesting threads on Reddit but the place is a layout nightmare and doesn't facilitate clear discussion and the place is vast and peopled by some of the lower forms of internet life.

I've not encountered anywhere

Thanks. I've kept looking in the last week or two, and I've not found anything. It seems as if everywhere is either focussed only on internal matters -- all the better to sell you with, my dear -- or steering wildly clear of any sort of forums/chats.

I understand why, of course. It's a lot of bloody hard work for very little reward, and I have a lot of respect for the mods here.

I think there may be an "other forums" thread or at least I've seen discussions of other forums(fora?) here, don't recall any particulars unfortunately.

Where are the other discussion places in the Fortean and paranormal internet that you consider worth popping into? Google's proved bloody useless, and Reddit even more so.

I wonder if searching on places local to you and keywords might shake something out?

Fwiw, I find the paranormal subreddits fairly disappointing. Paranormal threads on the mainstream subreddits can be very interesting, though.

Back