• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
lol where else but this website could you find an MA in criminology/research and an M.Sc Occupational Psychology argueing about how to set up a ouija board test. As a cemetery operative (digger and dumper license) i put forward the notion that my cemetery mortuary will be ideal for the test.
In the course of your work as a cemetery operative, have you ever seen anything downright spooky?

We should go with the cemetery operative's ideas. They're going to be much better than mere academics'.

Also, I bet there're some gruesome stories.

I was interviewed by Avid nearly 20 years ago. Shame I didn't get the job - it looked interesting.

They're still doing very well, despite a few ups and downs, in what is a far more competitive market these days, mainly thanks to Apple and Adobe - so you may well get another shot at it, should you get fed up with what you're doing at the moment! :)

lol where else but this website could you find an MA in criminology/research and an M.Sc Occupational Psychology argueing about how to set up a ouija board test. As a cemetery operative (digger and dumper license) i put forward the notion that my cemetery mortuary will be ideal for the test.

I know someone who was a cemetery operative (gravedigger / landscape gardener, mainly). His best story was about pranging one of those ride-on lawnmowers in a nearby stream in front of a bunch of people - he blamed the centrifugal clutch :)

Sorry, was just a stab in the dark. I've spent a long time on the phone to someone called Ringo...surname beginning with 'D' which I didn't quite catch (and who seemed to have quite a Fortean outlook to customer support) - works for Avid Technology, who make audiovisual software/hardware (or one of their resellers). Just wondered...

Now I'm with you. Sorry, not me. My real name isn't Ringo Durden. Wish it was though.

Back on topic, I think it was James Randi who said that if it was indeed spirits, then they should have no problem with this test. He suggested using slips of paper with the letters on them, mixing them up and then placing them out but face down without looking at them. After that, number the backs and keep a written record of where the glass visits. After the session, decode the long string of numbers and see what Aunty Mable has to say.

It would be interesting to try that out.

Yeah, have all the letters invisible to the participants. That'll work. :D

Ha ha, we are having a 'discussion'. I always wanted to have a go on one of those little digger thingies! As for the cemetery mortuary - I know it shouldn't, but I think it would scare me. I suppose you are used to it in your job, but does it ever give you the chills.

Only one very minor bit of strangeness while at work, i was cleaning the mortuary and was at the far end, i turned round and a cupboard door that was closed when i last went by was wide open, there are gruesome sights all the time though, my boss is so HUGE that it seems no trousers or underpants can contain his vast arse crack, everywhere i turn its there, tormenting me. Once when he had to work he was sweating so much his arse crack was steaming, thankfully god spared me that sight and i only heard about it afterwards.

I dont like being in the mortuary and try to keep the door open if i can, even when there is no dead body in the building i feel uneasy in it.

So the ouija board is like lorien, there is no evil in it but what people bring with them?

A criminologist, a psychologist and a cemetery operative?
Never mind the testing, I foresee the pilot of a hit television show. :D

lucydru why would you wear silver i know to a few of you guy's this may be a bit of a stupid question but i dont quite understand
casio
i know this is an old thread, or the one im replying to is, i had a friend who has used the board for 40+ years and he put a silver cross on the board, he said if 'they' try to knock it off it means they were either not religious or something not nice.

I remember the Morrissey tune "sparking" controversy at the time because moralists thought he was trying to woo the impressionable into the occult. He has enough of a time trying to woo them to veganism, I would have thought.

I remember the Morrissey tune "sparking" controversy at the time...

In other words, Mozzer's agent, or some record company publicist, rang round a few newspapers with a made-up story...:rolleyes:

That's showbiz.

Off-topic, I admit...but warming to the theme, I can just about remember the bogus supernatural 'panic' over Iron Maiden's 'The Number of the Beast', including tabloid tales of satanic entities stalking the band and its entourage, sinister happenings in the studio, etc. By the time the stories had been reprinted in the Mirror a few times and made it onto television news a few parents became genuinely anxious (which seems jaw-droppingly naive in retrospect).

Obviously, like any sensible child, I purchased the album immediately :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry...back to the thread...

Last edited:
Here's a nice bit of Ouija kitsch courtesy of Dangerous Minds:

10931532_788731807848472_5460009205266972977_n.jpg

http://dangerousminds.net/

It's a bit big for a Ouija board, you'd have a hard time stretching to the letters on the opposite end if you were trying to remain seated.

It's a bit big for a Ouija board, you'd have a hard time stretching to the letters on the opposite end if you were trying to remain seated.
I think they designed it so that everyone has to bend over more and there is a better view of the ladies' cleavage, as demonstrated by the lady with the long hair.

I think they designed it so that everyone has to bend over more and there is a better view of the ladies' cleavage, as demonstrated by the lady with the long hair.

You take this round, the 70s, but the 10s may win the sleaze wars yet!

This is one messed up story...

Mother and daughter used Ouija board to contact dead dog and are now fighting for their lives

A mother and daughter are fighting for their lives following a mystery fire at their home after allegedly using a Ouija board to contact their dead dog.

Margaret Carroll and Katrina Livingstone, who are in a critical condition, are reported by neighbours to have repeatedly tried to contact Molly.

Molly was killed by Margaret’s husband, Paul, who drowned her in the bath and then claimed she had died as a result of another Ouija board session on Christmas Eve.

His crime was discovered when he chopped the dog’s body into pieces and put it down a drain, blocking it.

He pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal and is due to be sentenced later this month.

On Saturday, a fire started at Mrs Carroll and Miss Livingstone’s home in Consett, County Durham, and again a Ouija board is believed to have been involved.

Neighbour Donna Sowerby said that she spoke to Miss Livingstone who told her that a Ouija board reading on Friday evening told her and her mother that they were going to die.

At 8.45am on Saturday, emergency services were called to the house after a fire broke out.

Mrs Carroll and Miss Livingstone, who have both been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life, were both found in the back garden and are being treated for conditions unrelated to the fire.

Mrs Sowerby, 30, said: ‘The fire was right the way through the property. It was horrible. The roof was right up. We could not see up the street because of the smoke.

‘There was a mini explosion and one of the firefighters was blown back.’

A spokesman for Durham Constabulary said: ‘Two women, aged 60 and 37, were taken to the University Hospital of North Durham where they remain in a critical condition and under arrest for arson with intent to danger life.

‘We are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.’

Police said no other dogs were in the properly at the time of the fire having being removed by the RSPCA last month
http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/02/mum-a...a-board-to-contact-dog-killed-by-dad-5046247/

What kind of response did they hope to get from a dead dog?

W...O...O...F... "What does that mean?"

I admit the pun is a lowly form of wit. Sorry to have setter bad example...perhaps you can give us a few pointers??

:oops:
Don't stop now Andy.... I think I am getting a bit of a crush on you :).

Back