Ouija Bullshit?

tagemoss

Junior Acolyte
So i was looking at some videos on youtube of so called ghost hunters doing various investigations and then the eyes start rolling when one decides to pull out the "quija board" (hope i've spelt it right)

question is, why do people have to hold on to the plastic thingy? why can't the "spirits" move it on it's own? my guess it's because they know nothing would happen right? unless ghosts suddenly become 100% proven.

the reason people have to each have a finger on it is because one or all of them are moving it right?

i came across this arcticle which explains a specific body movement is responsable (well, when the people touching it aren't just faking it in the first place that is.) or it's a combination of the two.

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/29/13301590/how-ouija-boards-work-debunked-ideomotor-effect

thoughts?

are there any videos of people using the board without touching anything ? i suppose it could still be fake that way with magnets etc....

I've uncensored the thread title to make it more 'search-friendly'-- Yith

Last edited by a moderator:

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
i didn't type shit because i thought this was a non swear friendly forum ?
You’ve not met Swifty yet then!
It’s not too much of an issue, if it’s being used to insult someone that’s a no no, but describing something as bullshit and giving reasons why you feel like this is fine.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member

michael59

Abominable Snowman
I have been involved in a few ouija board circles or whatever you call it. The first time was when I was 12 years old. The last time I "played" I was around mid 20's. It moved every time I was a part of the circle and I was a bit skeptical but, I suppose I wanted to believe it was more than just a game.

Like I said, the last time I played I was in my mid 20's. I didn't say anything to anyone at the time and as a matter of fact, I didn't say anything to anyone for a long time but, it was me moving the planchette.

I didn't know it was me until that last time I played and I did not move it voluntarily. If anything, it was subconscious. The reason I realized it was me is because I had a bad habit of spelling the word, "believe" incorrectly and it had been pointed out that it had been spelled incorrectly by another member in the circle on more than one occasion.

tagemoss

Junior Acolyte
did it move on it's own or with your finger on it, because on it's own is more impressive. i just think bullshite when people are touching it as any of them can be moving it.