• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Our Trash As Tools For Sasquatch?

Dunbaraj

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've been wondering about this for a while.

How much do you think Bigfoot relies on 'scraps' from our society? Surely, they've become used to raiding dumpsters near treelines and picking up random stuff left out in the woods, but do you think they actually have developed any kind of behavior from our trash?

I think it's very POSSIBLE. If we are dealing with a very intelligent species, you would think that they would have the mental capacity to start carrying around their good in our discarded plastic bags. Right? Or collecting water and storing it in our discarded water bottles. People have seen these things, not only dumpster diving, but playing around with trash bags (read the first account here from Bigfoot Base).

I think as long as they don't eat plastic (lol) then they would be stand to dramatically improve their day-to-days with these types of discarded receptacles.

Are you not getting mixed up with bears? You're far more likely to see a bear scavenging through human garbage.

Or with wombles.
Who do you reckon would win in a fight? .. Ewok or Womble ? .. it would take a few of either or both to bring a Bigfoot down though .. (the Mrs says "Ewok .. although Womble Tomsk was quite hard because he used to weight lift")

I think this is a fascinating question. There are certainly animals like foxes who eat out of dustbins. A few steps up the intelligence scale, there are monkeys who can recognise bags belonging to particular supermarket chains and know they're more likely to be food-rich compared to other bags. Why wouldn't a bigfoot use a shopping bag to carry things?

I think this is a fascinating question. There are certainly animals like foxes who eat out of dustbins. A few steps up the intelligence scale, there are monkeys who can recognise bags belonging to particular supermarket chains and know they're more likely to be food-rich compared to other bags. Why wouldn't a bigfoot use a shopping bag to carry things?

Or carry its shopping around in the back of a 4x4?

I've never thought of this. Our litter makes its way into even the furthest parts of the wilderness. It's very possible that they would fashion it into things useful for them. Apes use tools, even birds use tools.

It makes me wonder if they would have used rudimentary tools made from natural materials. I read an account where the Sasquatch lived in tribal communities alongside Native Americans before European contact.

Back