Out Of Fortean Fashion

GerdaWordyer

Abominable Snowman
What of table tipping? And do youngsters still play 'Light as a feather, stiff as a board' at parties and sleepovers where they attempt to lift a supine person each by using only one finger?
Oh, I would very much like to hear a reply from kids who now do sleepovers. This was a staple of kid stuff when I was going to slumber parties. Usually, we'd add a creepy narrative of "She's dying, " She's dead" before 'Light as a feather, stiff as a board' at parties and sleepovers. A reason for stiffness, I guess, and added creepyness.
Yet it always worked! Though we always used two fingers

Tempest63

Ephemeral Spectre
I spent most of my childhood and early teenage years being terrified that one day I’d spontaneously combust after reading too many lurid accounts in the Readers Digers book of the unexplained. You never hear anything about it these days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15032614

It was in 2011 that an Irish Coroner gave a verdict of Death by Spontaneous Combustion. Probably been mentioned somewhere here before but I believe it was the first time that verdict had been passed.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
.... reports of poltergeists from South Asia which set off fires, all mentioned in the recent years of FT. How good their fire regulations are, I don't know.
As a habitual traveller to s. Asia I can tell you that (apart from airports and other government/secure spaces) the regulations are:

1. What regulations?

:cfire::joint::cfire:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member