• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Out Of Place Crumpet

I guess it's the knob which isn't vegan then?
Sorry.
rimshot.gif

I must say I’m somewhat disappointed that max hasn’t made his usual hilarious

Too…many…jokes…

comment yet on this thread.

I did hope against hope that this thread was about spotting a good-looking chap (or chapess for those inclined) in a place where they were not expected. But no, it’s comestibles.
I say!

I don't usually buy bread or bread-type-items like crumpets, and when I was in the supermarket yesterday I was drawn towards the crumpets thanks to the recent crumpet-related discussion. Anyways, whilst looking at the crumpets longingly, I noticed the adjacent display of cheese muffins......mmmm...... "I could go for a cheese muffin, with some butter and marmite on" I thought to myself.
Then I started to muse on the fact that they didn't appear to have any hot-dog rolls, despite selling plenty of varieties of hot-dog sausages.
Of course if you ask a member of staff for them, they will direct you towards the 'finger rolls', which would then force me to inform them that they are NOT hot-dog rolls. Hot-dog sausages usually being, at least, about 5 or 6 inches long, whereas 'finger rolls' never seem to exceed about 4 inches in length (so the ends of the sausage protrude), are much more doughy, and are therefore unsuitable for the purposes of containing a meaty portion.
However, I ended up purchasing a loaf of medium sliced Warburtons 'council' bread. And I rarely eat bread so it will probably end up going stale before I finish it.

And I rarely eat bread so it will probably end up going stale before I finish it.
Split the loaf in half and freeze one part of it. I always do this to stop the back end going mouldy, despite the fact that my kids (and I!) eat bread like it's going out of fashion.

However, I ended up purchasing a loaf of medium sliced Warburtons 'council' bread. And I rarely eat bread so it will probably end up going stale before I finish it.
Stephenson's Bakery Crumpets 25p
Morrison own brand Crumpets 35p
Warburton Crumpets 90p

(why do people buy Warburton ? Ads with fekking Muppets & George Clooney I suppose)

IMO the warburton bread is much better than a lot of other 'premium' loaves. It tastes better and keeps fresher for longer.
Split the loaf in half and freeze one part of it
Yes I've done that before with bread but I find I end up with frozen bread that I don't really use either, lol.
Plus freezing it somehow leaves it only really suitable for toasting.

Excuse me, this is the 'out of place crumpet' thread, not the 'stuff it in your face crumpet' thread.
To respond to posts like the one one quoted here, we really need the "laugh" option back for the "like" button.
A smiley face with hearts for eyes makes a sensible response to stuffing crumpets in your face, but laughter is the only appropriate response to posts asserting there is something wrong with posts about stuffing crumpets in your face. That is all you really need in life, to stuff a crumpet, covered mounds of melty real butter, in your face. Butter. Crumpets. In your face. That is Heaven, yes it is.

Back