• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Documentaries

Yes, indeed, thank you for that gncxx.

It's good to see this one again and, yes, I freely admit that it frightened the shit out of me when I saw it the first time round as an eleven-year-old.

Brown!

I've got to say - the George King segment had me wondering if I was looking at a Monty Python skid. Incredible...

The rest was quite good though.

It's funny how both witnesses mentioned the beings were wearing blue polo neck 'jumpsuit' type attire. I've read that in a number of other accounts. Didn't Travis Walton also describe the same type of figures?

tony_carson said:
It's funny how both witnesses mentioned the beings were wearing blue polo neck 'jumpsuit' type attire. I've read that in a number of other accounts. Didn't Travis Walton also describe the same type of figures?

Maybe they bought a job lot from Primark?

Mob1138 said:
tony_carson said:

Maybe they bought a job lot from Primark?

Haha - Got any more jokes?

I think I made a valid point of note, never-the-less.

Jumpsuits seem to be quite a common description of alien attire. They wear them in star trek too.

H_James said:
Jumpsuits seem to be quite a common description of alien attire. They wear them in star trek too.

Really, you & your secret infatuation with Star Trek! Trust you to crowbar a reference in! That reminds me, how did the convention go?

(Don't answer - I was only being polite :lol: )

Ha ha - Got any more jokes?

Fascinating documentary anyway. George King was certainly a compelling personality.

This was a woefully bad piece of TV - the thrust of which promised to look at aliens from other planets. However, the programme took itself down an entirely different route by presenting examples of cryptozoology instead.

So we had a south american big-headed starchild, another tiny thing which looked like a shaved monkey and the Montauk drowned and decomposing raccoons.
While all manner of scientific testing was used to get to the bottom of these monsterous mysteries, the show failed to address just how a space raccoon could pilot a starship or how intelligent the tiny shaved monkey would have been and how it managed to cross the galaxy only to get stuck in a rat trap.

In the end, it didn't matter because they were all explained away but their champions had all believed that they'd come from another planet without really thinking about homegrown mutations.

I believe it's on 4OD but I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Thanks for this, I was thinking of watching it but forgot. Now I'm not too bothered based on that description.

gncxx said:
Thanks for this, I was thinking of watching it but forgot. Now I'm not too bothered based on that description.
I enjoyed it! It was better than I expected, in fact, with lots of interesting footage, including scientific investigations. (Who says science ignores the 'paranormal'?)

The fact that practically all the examples considered had rational explanations (hoax, misidentification, etc) says more about the expectations of the fluffy woo-woos who infest the internet, shrieking "Alien!" at the least opportunity! :twisted:

I tried watching this 'on demand' last night but it wouldn't play, can't say I'm too put out now.

the programme took itself down an entirely different route by presenting examples of cryptozoology instead.

So we had a south american big-headed starchild, another tiny thing which looked like a shaved monkey and the Montauk drowned and decomposing raccoons.

I was going to object to this sort of thing being described as cryptozoology, these days though I suppose you're right.

jimv1 said:
While all manner of scientific testing was used to get to the bottom of these monsterous mysteries, the show failed to address just how a space raccoon could pilot a starship.
Maybe it was one of his friends? ;)
star_fox_snes.jpg

I can't watch things on the computer though unfortunately, due to not having any sound.

There's no real reason a space raccoon couldn't pilot a spaceship, especially if it had little opposable raccoon thumbs. Oh, and a raccoon voice would probably come in handy, to talk to the raccomputer.

The tiny alien ( marmoset) which navigated it's way across galaxies only to be dumb enough to get it's arm caught in a trap reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy minuscule alien invasion fleet which got eaten by a dog.
As for the alien skulls, maybe if they were buried in spaceship-shaped tombs surrounded by alien artefacts didn't have human DNA and had not been interred in a region with tradition of headbinding, maybe then they might just have been aliens but, well...

eburacum said:
There's no real reason a space raccoon couldn't pilot a spaceship, especially if it had little opposable raccoon thumbs. Oh, and a raccoon voice would probably come in handy, to talk to the raccomputer.
A veritable racconteur.

Sorryabout the late reminder- I only just found this. It'll probably be on catch-up if you miss it:

Conspiracy: The Alien Files
Conspiracy, Episode 6
Today on Channel 5 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

Part-dramatised documentary series examining events through the perspective of conspiracy theories. Did you know that alleged UFO sightings are as numerous in the UK as in the USA? This programme looks at three such cases from 1979 to the present day, including the only alien abduction actually investigated by the police, an incident regarded by many as the British Roswell, and claims that scientists at the European Space Agency are spending billions on making actual physical contact with extraterrestrials aboard a spacecraft with whom they have been communicating for the past 20 years. :eek:

Thanks! Missed the first 12 minutes.

Thanks, Bigphoot.

There's also a 5+24 as I just discovered so you can watch it tomorrow.

I watched that prog last night and I found it mostly interesting. The two guys in scotland and those missing UFO pictures was one case I`d never heard of before. Its a shame Rendlesham forest was mentioned - thats becoming very boring now.

I quite enjoyed this. No much new in Rendlesham forest, but another case of a UFO photo that has since disappeared was new to me. The ESA conspiracy seemed much more flakey, though. Why would aliens put a base on something as ephemeral as a comet? Nick Pope puts in a star performance though.

As usual though, a case of hmmm, well, yes, maybe! But if the man is running a cover-up, how can we mere mortals ever prove it?

Forgot to press Post Reply last night! :oops:

I quite enjoyed this. No much new in Rendlesham forest, but another case of a UFO photo that has since disappeared was new to me.
Yeah, that was new to me too.
More drip-feed from Mr Pope.

Mr Pope having a top secret UFO photo on the wall of his office...I'm suprised he didn't have "I Want To Believe" printed on it :)

Mr Pope having a top secret UFO photo on the wall of his office...I'm suprised he didn't have "I Want To Believe" printed on it :)
The pic on the documentary reminded me of that poster.

Back