• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Oversight': Is It For Real?

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Stumbled on this while reaearching dystopias on youtube. A clever fake - or have I been out of the old country too Long? Comments and reactions please!

Stumbled on this while reaearching dystopias on youtube. A clever fake - or have I been out of the old country too Long? Comments and reactions please!

Is it a fake?

Indeed. As satire, it is frighteningly-close to a probable version of future reality. Except the real-world version won't be as explicit.

2019-06-08 21.28.59.png

Indeed. As satire, it is frighteningly-close to a probable version of future reality. Except the real-world version won't be as explicit.

View attachment 17923

I like Aldous but humans tend to reject things in the end. The perfect system is repackaging the same product so people don't get bored. You'll sell it to kids, (teenagers), first and then the mainstream get onboard, you sell millions, then the kids get bored and jump onto another platform.

Rinse and repeat.

The bit about trying to cover your tracks with a VPN rang true.
I had heard that the authorities regard use of VPN as an attempt to disguise criminal activity.

I had heard that the authorities regard use of VPN as an attempt to disguise criminal activity.
Indeed. And they completely ignore the fact that companies everywhere are using them for perfectly legitimate purposes. Same with encryption.

I like Aldous but humans tend to reject things in the end. The perfect system is repackaging the same product so people don't get bored. You'll sell it to kids, (teenagers), first and then the mainstream get onboard, you sell millions, then the kids get bored and jump onto another platform.

Rinse and repeat.
Surely, got to be the most precise explanation of FaceTwitGram.

Indeed. And they completely ignore the fact that companies everywhere are using them for perfectly legitimate purposes. Same with encryption.

A growing number of countries (none yet in Europe) have banned VPNs for personal use, but still use them at governmental and corporate level. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the government maintains a database of individuals using VPNs and keeps an eye on their activities.

I thought this was already going on for years now via the NSA...... they listen to all dialogue traffic and weed out anything suspicious.
?

Back