• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
We have a resident owl that lives in the trees just yards from my front door. It normally arrives sometime in mid-September and disappears in mid-February, only for it to turn up again the following September. I didn’t know that they were migrating birds..?

I find their Hooting late at night, very comforting for some reason.

Can I add some owl art? I created this many years ago - tend not to work in this style nowadays but do still have a soft spot for it (a mixed media image with pen, ink and collage). It is called 'Alchemy'. I have always been fascinated by our relationship with owls, how we attribute such odd and terrifying symbolic significance to these creatures. I have met quite a few in my time, each and every one unique!

Apologies for the size, I tried to make it smaller via a screen grab and it wouldn't upload.

81C5E3CE-ACFC-4B1E-A85B-2CFB1B692212.jpeg

Lax flying or driving?

Laxfield owl gets stuck in car licence plate​

Owl stuck behind car licence plate
IMAGE SOURCE, SUFFOLK OWL SANCTUARY Image caption, The owl spent the night like this, but is now recovering

An owl spent a night with its head wedged behind a car licence plate after being hit by the vehicle.

The car owners were driving near Laxfield, Suffolk on 5 September when they saw an owl flying nearby but had not realised they had struck the bird. However, the next morning they found the tawny owl hanging from the front of the car. It was taken to Suffolk Owl Sanctuary where it is recovering.

Tawny owl
IMAGE SOURCE, SUFFOLK OWL SANCTUARY Image caption, It is being looked after at the sanctuary's hospital

Posting photographs of the owl on Facebook on Thursday, the sanctuary, in Stonham Aspal, said the car owners "came out to find this poor tawny owl with his head firmly wedged behind the number plate. He's very lucky to be alive".

"Thankfully, he doesn't appear to have struggled too much and apart from a rather sore head, he has no other injuries," said a spokesperson.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-66817533

Lax flying or driving?

Laxfield owl gets stuck in car licence plate​

Owl stuck behind car licence plate
IMAGE SOURCE, SUFFOLK OWL SANCTUARY Image caption, The owl spent the night like this, but is now recovering

An owl spent a night with its head wedged behind a car licence plate after being hit by the vehicle.

The car owners were driving near Laxfield, Suffolk on 5 September when they saw an owl flying nearby but had not realised they had struck the bird. However, the next morning they found the tawny owl hanging from the front of the car. It was taken to Suffolk Owl Sanctuary where it is recovering.

Tawny owl
IMAGE SOURCE, SUFFOLK OWL SANCTUARY Image caption, It is being looked after at the sanctuary's hospital

Posting photographs of the owl on Facebook on Thursday, the sanctuary, in Stonham Aspal, said the car owners "came out to find this poor tawny owl with his head firmly wedged behind the number plate. He's very lucky to be alive".

"Thankfully, he doesn't appear to have struggled too much and apart from a rather sore head, he has no other injuries," said a spokesperson.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-66817533
Oh poor wee thing. :(

Back