• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

The sad fact is that those who cover up these allegations have no moral compass whatsoever. The head teacher of the school in which we exposed the paedo not only totally ignored the complaint, but then appeared as a defence witness for the teacher concerned making herself look stupid as a result. The head was removed from the post but immediately got a highly paid job in the local authority inspecting schools. I tried to get this person criminally prosecuted but the Police would not proceed. As far as whistle blowers are concerned our friend who worked for the NHS blew the whistle and was hounded out of her job. Her Union was totally useless as was her solicitor and she was hung out to dry. Fortunately got a much better paid job in the private sector . An absolute disgrace.

Has anyone seen the news today? Dario Gradi (long of Crewe Alex, earlier of Chelsea) has been arrested over claims that he helped 'smooth over' complaints of sexual assault by a Chelsea trainer.

Has anyone seen the news today? Dario Gradi (long of Crewe Alex, earlier of Chelsea) has been arrested over claims that he helped 'smooth over' complaints of sexual assault by a Chelsea trainer.
Yes I saw that. I'm hopeful, if it's true, that a prosecution results.

I think he's been suspended by Crewe, pending investigations, but not actually arrested. Unless you've read something that I've missed, of course.

Clicking 'like' seems peculiar, as people have often commented about Facebook. Anyway I really hope that you are getting continuing help. Hopefully being here and able to communicate with some of the best people in the world helps!

S'alright, balding13. :) It's fortunate that I've been able to spend the second 20 years of my life recovering from the first 20.

New trial for Rolf Harris.
-----------

JANUARY 9 2017 - 1:04AM

Rolf Harris faces trial on seven new indecent assault charges

London: Rolf Harris is set to face trial in a London court on charges of indecently assaulting women and girls between 1971 and 2005.

The jury is expected to be empanelled on Monday at Southwark Crown Court where the 86-year-old entertainer will face seven accusers in a trial set down for four or more weeks.

The offences were allegedly committed between 1971 and 2004 and relate to seven female complainants aged between 12 and 27 at the time.

Three of the charges relate to alleged indecent assaults on girls aged under 14 and one relates to an alleged indecent assault on a disabled woman outside a London hospital in 1977.

More text at http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-ha...indecent-assault-charges-20170108-gtnwx5.html

Just curious as I've completed turned off on the various instalments of paedogeddon, but does Rolf still deny all the charges of which he has been committed or has their been a confession/apology?

Awful teeth, Yorkshire accent, terrifying abomination of a man hiding in plain sight...

(Briefly) shown jogging in one of the clips, seems to have presented a TV show in the past and yes, the keys a la Broadmoor, or was it the hospital (don't want to do that search on my work computer! Paranoid, me?!). And I thought it was a very deliberate echo of JS. Still not sure about Sherlock itself which sometimes seems to like itself a bit too much, but there's always some very good bits in it...

Rolf Harris' new trial for further sex offences began today. He is appearing via a video link because he is old and frail.
Though of course if he'd owned up years ago and done his time as a younger man he wouldn't be facing the prospect of dying in prison.

This might have been posted here before but anyway ..

There's another much-loved kid's entertainer who allegedly abused an acquaintance of ours many years ago.

She swears blind it really happened, but I really don't want to believe it.

You'll be as surprised as me if it comes out and is true, I can tell ya.

Just out of interest, has this alleged offender been outed since your post of 2012?

I have literally lost track/count of who has and has not been exposed.

There's another much-loved kid's entertainer who allegedly abused an acquaintance of ours many years ago.

She swears blind it really happened, but I really don't want to believe it.

You'll be as surprised as me if it comes out and is true, I can tell ya.

That's the whole problem. Not to get at you personally, Carlos, but children (and women) have historically not been believed when alleging sex offences have been committed against them.

I'm wondering now who this celebrity was!

That poster appears to have done exactly that! :huh:
Just the one post, ever.

In that user's defence, he or she was a non-posting reader for some time; it wasn't a case of registering just to complain.

Just out of interest, has this alleged offender been outed since your post of 2012?

I have literally lost track/count of who has and has not been exposed.

That's the whole problem. Not to get at you personally, Carlos, but children (and women) have historically not been believed when alleging sex offences have been committed against them.

I'm wondering now who this celebrity was!

Outed, convicted and serving time.

Back