• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

A bloke I know well looks and sounds a lot like Savile. He even has similar mannerisms.
Bloke's father is from Yorkshire. He may have left his home area under a bit of a cloud, I'm not sure.

Anyway, long story short, I'm pretty convinced Bloke is related to Savile. o_O

A bloke I know well looks and sounds a lot like Savile. He even has similar mannerisms.
Bloke's father is from Yorkshire. He may have left his home area under a bit of a cloud, I'm not sure.

Anyway, long story short, I'm pretty convinced Bloke is related to Savile. o_O

Correct age to be a son?

Mid-60s. I knew his parents and brother (all now dead) and there was no reason to think he wasn't related to them.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a cousin.
Sometimes I can't keep my gob shut. I'd be asking him why he appeared to be modelling himself on one of the most loathsome individuals in recent history. If there's that much of a similarity he must get a load of abuse, but perhaps he hasn't got the perception to realise or he doesn't care.

Sometimes I can't keep my gob shut. I'd be asking him why he appeared to be modelling himself on one of the most loathsome individuals in recent history. If there's that much of a similarity he must get a load of abuse, but perhaps he hasn't got the perception to realise or he doesn't care.
No, he's not a tracksuit-wearing child abuser or blatant self-promoter. He resembles Savile and Savile's family facially and his voice is uncannily similar with a mild Yorkshire accent.

As I know him well I'll ask him about next time I see him.

I would also suggest a study of the writings of the late lamented Anna Raccoon, a respected blogger. She - IIRC - attended one of the schools where Savile was supposed to have committed his depredations, and found some of the allegations to be impossible or implausible. She went on to research them in some depth, with interesting findings.

I somehow missed this article from Lobster Magazine about 'Anna Raccoon':

https://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/free/lobster75/lob75-anna-raccoon.pdf

This is how I looked after asking my acquaintance if he's related to Savile.

headless.jpeg

So I'm taking that as a 'no' then.

I remember at Primary school we all wrote letters to him to try and get on the show. I was gutted (at the time) that I didn't.

So did we! But I didn't want to appear on TV, so wrote a really vague, rubbishy request that wouldn't get picked.

I remember at Primary school we all wrote letters to him to try and get on the show. I was gutted (at the time) that I didn't.
I know someone who was on it when he was about 12. He was happy to report that nothing untoward happened.

ETA
He was actually 11. Found an article from one of the local rags online. It was published 30 odd years after he appeared on the programme.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to this in years but I listened to it at the time and remember thinking that Jimmy Savile was clearly a strange and very, very disturbing individual: Jimmy savile In the Psychiatrist's Chair with Dr Anthony Clare.

I heard it at the time too. Savile gave nothing away.

It's no longer on YouTube but the Internet Archive has it.
(Uploaded by one Willy Eckerslyke :chuckle:)

In The Psychiatrist's Chair: Sir James Savile

Edit - I wasn't going to listen again but I did, and my word, what a shocker when you know what he was really talking about.

Most of his victims were children, many of them hospital patients, and it comes across strongly that he didn't actually regard those people as even human.

His references to acquiring and driving Rolls Royce cars were telling. He was known to take young girls for rides in his Rolls Royce cars and to drive the cars around looking for victims. In certain areas children would be kept in if his car was spotted approaching.

In the interview Savile claimed to want new ones because older ones had less value. Perhaps he was changing them often in case his activities in them left evidence, or even hoping a different colour or numberplate might confuse witnesses.

The cars' value came up in a short discussion of why they'd be useful; Savile seemed to be expecting a scandal to ruin his career and would sell his assets to fund his forced retirement in a sunny place surrounded by women in bikinis.

He knew people were onto him. It's a disgrace that he went on offending for so long.

Last edited:
It was I believe, a real fox brush. Maybe would have turned me vegetarian quicker. :chuckle:
Ah, the innocence of children.
If the puppet had a real fox's tail, and one assumes there were several identical puppets available, how many dead foxes does that represent? :(

Have to say, I hadn't heard it was an actual tail until reading it on'ere.

His references to acquiring and driving Rolls Royce cars were telling. He was known to take young girls for rides in his Rolls Royce cars and to drive the cars around looking for victims. In certain areas children would be kept in if his car was spotted approaching.

Ugh. It reminds me of being young in the 70’s, just moved into the town and just walking round after school etc as you did, and other kids saying these like ‘Stay away from that house, he’s a kiddie fiddler.’ Completely unconcerned because I very much doubt they knew what it entailed. But people knew (or thought they did) as with Saville and yet it took so many years and after his death for everything to come to light.

Ah, the innocence of children.
If the puppet had a real fox's tail, and one assumes there were several identical puppets available, how many dead foxes does that represent? :(

Have to say, I hadn't heard it was an actual tail until reading it on'ere.
I can't find reference to it online so I may be repeating a UL although it does look very soft and fluffy. Not like nylon.

Back