• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

I dunno, things have a habit of surfacing years later.
Remember when a Savile-related list of names and phone numbers was found under wallpaper in a shop?

What we need are some juicy diaries.
I always wondered if he had diaries buried with him or being the nasty piece of shit that he was he left them with some lawyers to be released on some anniversary of his death.

I was brought up in a fairly sheltered environment and like everyone else born in the 70s, thought Jimmy Savile was just part of the fabric of the nation.

However, I do remember my mum and other women saying they thought he was a creep and actively disliked him.

No one in the general public ever thought he could be the monster he was but his ability to mesmerise wasn't total.

Something I'll never forget was a girl I went on holiday with once telling me her uncle was a cop who interviewed Savile during the Ripper murders. Apparantly 3 times. A body was found not far from where Savile lived and he was considered a potential suspect.

I just thought she was lying but I've read several articles that verify that claim since and its been mentioned in books about Sutcliffe as well.

She claimed Savile was pals withe cops and would send them whisky and even have parties with them at his place.

Well, lo and behold that Netflix doc mentioned police visiting Saville socially!!

When quizzed on what her uncle thought of Savile she said they knew he was "a rum un"

Does anyone from Yorkshire remember any talk about Savile before the revelations in Leeds or the surrounding area?

I always wondered if he had diaries buried with him or being the nasty piece of shit that he was he left them with some lawyers to be released on some anniversary of his death.
There probably aren't any Savile diaries as he was careful not to leave traces of his offending. He had no computer and didn't use the internet, for example.

Plenty of other people might have kept diaries though, like his paedophile associates. Paedophiles like to keep a record. Savile was unusual for not doing that.

No matter what Savile said about being a loner, he did have associates: one of Savile's nephews as a teenager ran away from home in Leeds and found himself at a party where, he later realised, the other young teenage boys he saw there were being traded between men for sex.

Savile turned up and the nephew thought it was to send him home when it seems likely now that he was there to join in the abuse.
The nephew had a lucky escape!

John Lydon of the Sex Pistols pissed on the grave of the teacher who gave him a lot of abuse (as in verbal abuse) in school. I say we bring him in, we have him bang to rights!
Having been brought up to tend family graves I appreciate the gravity of the act of pissing on one. It is so completely disrespectful.
OK, it won't hurt the deceased but their victim might get some catharsis.

Haven't done it myself because luckily nobody's treated me so badly that I'd need to.

No, he was the sort who knew to leave no evidence. I realised I don't know how he actually died, but if he was just found dead in his flat, I wonder who found him and whether they had a chance to remove stuff?

No, he was the sort who knew to leave no evidence. I realised I don't know how he actually died, but if he was just found dead in his flat, I wonder who found him and whether they had a chance to remove stuff?
He had his assistants and social secretaries, the usual thing. One of his 'associates' probably checked up on him.

I was brought up in a fairly sheltered environment and like everyone else born in the 70s, thought Jimmy Savile was just part of the fabric of the nation.

However, I do remember my mum and other women saying they thought he was a creep and actively disliked him.

No one in the general public ever thought he could be the monster he was but his ability to mesmerise wasn't total.

Something I'll never forget was a girl I went on holiday with once telling me her uncle was a cop who interviewed Savile during the Ripper murders. Apparantly 3 times. A body was found not far from where Savile lived and he was considered a potential suspect.

I just thought she was lying but I've read several articles that verify that claim since and its been mentioned in books about Sutcliffe as well.

She claimed Savile was pals withe cops and would send them whisky and even have parties with them at his place.

Well, lo and behold that Netflix doc mentioned police visiting Saville socially!!

When quizzed on what her uncle thought of Savile she said they knew he was "a rum un"

Does anyone from Yorkshire remember any talk about Savile before the revelations in Leeds or the surrounding area?
I lived in Yorkshire in the 60's and 70's. It must have been about '71 or '72 when I first got "motorised" and saw JS about in his white Roller with company. He used to visit his mother, who if I remember right lived in Otley, so I saw him several times when out and about. It was then that I realised there was something wrong with him.

Having been brought up to tend family graves I appreciate the gravity of the act of pissing on one. It is so completely disrespectful.
OK, it won't hurt the deceased but their victim might get some catharsis.

Haven't done it myself because luckily nobody's treated me so badly that I'd need to.
Always said I'd dance on my stepmother's grave but she doesn't have one - ended up being scattered somewhere. She loved Savile now I come to think of it. (Probably identified with him).

One more detail from the Savile documentary just came back to me and I wonder if anyone can explain what it means.
After Savile's body was found, in his flat were instructions he'd left about how he wanted his funeral. This included being buried propped up at a 45 degree angle.
I've been to family funerals in France and know it's certainly not a Catholic thing so, apart from giving a bit of extra work to the grave-diggers and funerary staff who lower the coffin, what possible reason could there be for that?
Or is it just one more creepy and inexplicable thing about a profoundly creepy man?
He was positioned so he had a "view" of the sea, apparently.

If found in hundreds of years by future archaeologists, they'll think he was a king or something.

I lived in Yorkshire in the 60's and 70's. It must have been about '71 or '72 when I first got "motorised" and saw JS about in his white Roller with company. He used to visit his mother, who if I remember right lived in Otley, so I saw him several times when out and about. It was then that I realised there was something wrong with him.
He had a place near me when I lived in Peterborough (or so I was told). I never saw him, but I did see a car with the reg plate SAV155. I dimly recall it was a maroon-coloured Jag. When I saw it, it was being driven by a woman.

Scarborough council charge disabled people for parking. No chance of them stumping up the £20,000 it was quoted as costing a few years back (would be more now). A Gofundme would easily hit the target.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/ry...-plans-to-dig-up-jimmy-saviles-body-revealed/
'The six-foot wide triple plot had been filled to the brim with two-and- a-half tonnes of reinforced concrete with steel bars also inserted to bind the mix together.' - That'll take a bit of chipping out.

Quite understandably, relations of people already buried there are unhappy with the thought of Savile still stinking nearby.

Best plan would be to make a feature of the grave; just put a new memorial up.

pissoir.jpeg

He had a place near me when I lived in Peterborough (or so I was told). I never saw him, but I did see a car with the reg plate SAV155. I dimly recall it was a maroon-coloured Jag. When I saw it, it was being driven by a woman.
He supposedly had a flat in Rivergate. I saw him in the Great Northern Hotel in Peterborough once.

Cough, Punk.
It was the sight of young females in his Roller that made me think. Thought it was his daughter at first but different ones each time I saw him made me realise what was happening, even though I was very naïve at the time. Was he really visiting his mother with company?

It was the sight of young females in his Roller that made me think. Thought it was his daughter at first but different ones each time I saw him made me realise what was happening, even though I was very naïve at the time. Was he really visiting his mother with company?
What a desperately disgusting thought that is. Probably right though. I wouldn't put much past him. :(

There are photos and videos of the planting of the coffin so we know what it looked like.

While the site took up three plots for the garish memorial, the actual hole dug for him looked normal-sized. @titch will know!

So unless it was widened a bit after the mourners/press left to admit more concrete we're looking at one grave-full.
However, don't forget that the top end of the coffin was quite high and near the surface so only one end of the grave would be as deep as a normal one.
The amount of concrete now looks like a wedge-shaped half grave-full.

The weight of the concrete that's quoted would give 3 cubic metres. That's not exactly the Bullring. A couple of blokes with a jackhammer and a mini digger would have it up a treat. ;)

Last edited:
Creeped me out seeing the view out of that Roundhay flat window - place where we went to and played, as kids, many times. The thought of him looking out of that window at us...

Creeped me out seeing the view out of that Roundhay flat window - place where we went to and played, as kids, many times. The thought of him looking out of that window at us...
Furthermore, if you'd gone closer and seen him and he'd waved, you'd've waved back, and then maybe one of you might've accepted a lift from him...

The weight of the concrete that's quoted would give 3 cubic metres. That's not exactly the Bullring. A couple of blokes with a jackhammer and a mini digger would have it up a treat. ;)
To what end - dig him up & bury him at a crossroads?

The idea is to dig him up and possibly cremate him, or else piss on him and rebury him face-down in an Indian burial ground.

What d'you think they'll find?

View attachment 54365
Naah - too much ag. Leave him buried in a patch of unmarked ground. Does it cause much grief as it is? The taxpayer would have to pay - who else would?

If a benefactor volunteered the dosh then by all means burn the fucker.

Naah - too much ag. Leave him buried in a patch of unmarked ground. Does it cause much grief as it is? The taxpayer would have to pay - who else would?

If a benefactor volunteered the dosh then by all means burn the fucker.
The local council isn't coughing up for it, as already mentioned. A crowdfunding effort was suggested.

I'd like to see a reverse of the funeral procession, where the coffin would be carried slowly through the streets on a low loader so people could shout abuse at it and gob on it. :chuckle:

Back