• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Page Count Of Fortean Times Lowered

packshaud

Devoted Cultist
So, it seems that inflation took another bite. The magazine is now with two sheets less, for a total of eight pages removed.

So, it seems that inflation took another bite. The magazine is now with two sheets less, for a total of eight pages removed.

I have no explanation, but have you done your counts including or excluding advertising?

I have no explanation, but have you done your counts including or excluding advertising?
Counting everything. You should have 42 half-sheets in FT417 and 38 in FT418 (with half-sheets I mean the half of a larger sheet that is folded to make 4 pages).

The editorial piece of the previous issue did mention that there are fewer pages now.
If they can get the same content into fewer pages though then we aren't missing anything.
Maybe some of the longer articles that used to be spread over several pages with analysis, and associated stories to the side, are being cut down a bit.
Personally the longer articles are (for my liking) sometimes too long anyway - the references sections at the end do include plenty of 'further reading' links though when I find something particularly interesting.

I realise the advertising is probably necessary but I for one wouldn't miss it, or if it could all be condensed up into a few pages in one place instead of spread throughout the mag.

They've just ditched a few pages of adverts, the amount of content is still the same.
OK I've counted the adverts in recent issues:
418 and 419 both had four pages so have 72 - 4 = 68 pages of content.
Before then, issues 415 and 417 each had nine pages of ads out of 80, 416 had ten. I checked an older issue 390 and it had nine pages too.
80 - 9 = 71 pages of content, so we're typically down three pages an issue, probably not enough that you'd notice.

oxo "they call me The Count" 66

I once accidentally typed "fleshlight" rather than "flashlight" into a Google search. The memory shall never be erased.
Now there's a mental image I could be happier without....:comphit:

Back