• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Palmistry

Leaferne

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Well, what about it? :D Has anyone ever had their palm read? Can anyone read palms? How does it work? How can lines on the hand reveal the future?

Just to kick things off, there's an online palm reader to play with. Here are my results:

Your Life Line reveals that you like to travel, but will always return home. You need a lot of space which is why you prefer spending time outdoors. You tend to have strong romantic tendencies.

Your Head Line reveals that you lack confidence, but have a sense of grievance. You carry a chip on your shoulder, but will vent this emotion through participating in political activities.

Your Heart Line reveals that you have a masculine nature and are easily aroused by your own desires. You are able to maintain a good balance between the physical and emotional sides that accounts for your warm and generous disposition.

Your Fate Line reveals that the early years in your life were full of hard knocks, teaching you that success comes from hard work. Due to this learning process, you will have a late start with your career and financial independance.

Your Sun Line reveals that a love affair or marriage will have a very positive influence on your career. Due to this, you will achieve happiness and material success later in life.

You have an Air hand. You are a person who is independent, intellectual, analytical and unpredictable. Your optimal career choices are to work as a writer, psychiatrist, scientist, detective and teacher.

All sounds bang on to me except the Head line doesn't sound like me (I had a hard time with that line).

I've just tried the on-line test.
I answered the questions diligently.

The generalisations that were presented to me at the end bear little relationship to me as a person. In fact, even allowing for chance, they are excrable.

About as useful as the Magic Eight Ball :rolleyes:

What does it mean if you have a very small life line???

If I believed in this I would be worried by now. However the fact I have a very pronounced heart line, almost so deeply etched it goes through to the other side (which shows a passionate nature) might make me believe ;)

The Guardian ran an article a few years ago about a long-running study done in a mortuary, where corpses' lifelines were measured and recorded alongside their lifespans. No correlation was found.

However, I know several peeps who are well-known as palmists and they say that they look at the hand to give them a focus. Little visions appear to float above the hand as they concentrate.

One saw something so horrible that she gave it up for several years, and still won't tell anyone what it was. And no, it wasn't my hand she was looking at. :D

I had my palm read on Wednesday- considering I failed to answer any of her questions leading up to the reading, she coldread what I did for a living and that I have and still do hold a position of authority/management.

(I looked like a right scruffbag so I thought that was quite interesting- whether it was my demeanour that gave it away)

The rest of it was a load of rubbish and way off the mark.

That being said I have had my palm read a few times and the last reading was quite a good analysis of my character and she also told me in detail of a family member who really needed to seek medical attention- they did and after relentless badgering by myself the person did in the end get treated for a condition that they had been putting off for a long time.

I had a book on it and tried it out. It was a lot of work for what is essentially a parlor game. (At least, that's all it is for me, because I'm not a psychic.)

It's more involved than just the length of the lines. It's where they start, where they end, how they cross, whether they're crossed with smaller lines. I guess it's sort of like Tarot in that you have to know the individual meanings and then put them together as a whole.

For the same purpose, Tarot seems easier and more flexible because every draw can mean something new. That's more fun at a party because people want to "go again" and ask a new question of the cards.

Back