• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Panic: A Genuine Example In The Old Sense Of The Word?

G'day Eponastill. Being fortunate to have been raised in Australia, and the Australian Bush from the age of 9, and having been given a minimal insight into the old Australian Aboriginal perception, The idea of imposing realities is not unusual.

Our Yowie, ( Yarooma, Jimbra, Tjangara), is accepted here on traditional lands as being a guest from what we call The Dreaming (Tjukurpa), and they faultlessly merge into this reality when they want and need to.

We have many characters that can do this here, so it makes a lot of sense for Panic to be understood by me this way. They bring with them a different kind of energy perhaps, which reacts to our own?

'Fang helt a thissen' was what my Potter GranDad would say to me if he wanted me to catch something, and interestingly, the present day German for catch hold is something quite similar 'Fang Halten'...

Does this mean we spoke some old Saxon in the Potteries until quite recently...It looks like it, doesn't it.

Eddie Izzard (UK comedian) goes to Friesland and tries to buy a brown cow by speaking Old English to a local farmer, based on the theory that Frisian and Old English come from the same linguistic roots:

maximus otter

I've actually said that, jokingly, in various jobs - 'Is it defenestration time?' :chuckle:

It's all Dario Fo's fault.
If you can't pay and won't pay, you shall be defenestrated!

Eddie Izzard (UK comedian) goes to Friesland and tries to buy a brown cow by speaking Old English to a local farmer, based on the theory that Frisian and Old English come from the same linguistic roots:

maximus otter
I loved that M.O.

I was not understanding much of that at all, and half of it sounded German rather than the Dutch that I expected...and the wee broon coo..? That threw me for a six.

The throat vocalisation though, reminded me of my Geordie Grandfather. All rather interesting - Taa mate.

Back