• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ParaCon: Alba, 2017 (Perth, Scotland)

Ermintruder

The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all...
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F30188100%2F46958831835%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/paracon-alba-perth-tickets-33529907857

ParaCon Alba @Perth
£15 – £295

DATE AND TIME
Sat, Oct 7, 2017, 9:00 AM –
Sun, Oct 8, 2017, 6:00 PM BST

Mill Street
Perth
PH1 5QP

DESCRIPTION
Scotland's first convention of all things paranormal. 2 days crammed full of talks, an expo featuring a variety of groups and individuals involved in all aspects of the paranormal and workshops as well as a chance to explore the darker side of the Perth's history with an overnight investigation run by Ghost Events Scotland.

We will be joined by some well known faces as well as hosting a Haunted Museum! More details and info about the investigation will be available through our facebook page over next few weeks, but please feel free to contact us before then if there is anything else you would like to know!

There are discounts available as well as a spectacular VIP B&B weekend package deal which includes 2 nights (6th & 7th Oct) B&B in a haunted hotel, a welcome pack with goodies, exclusive extras on Friday evening and a ticket for the Saturday night investigation of one of Perth's many haunted locations.

FAQs

Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?

Although is not really a family event, during the day there are no age restrictions, however under 16's must be accompanied by and adult. Children under 12yrs will not be able to attend any talks or presentations as any noise can be distracting for speakers and audience. Workshops are for 18yrs+.

Due to many of the activities in this event, the package deal is only suitable for 18yrs and over

What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking is available at the hotel on arrival. Perth also has bus and train stations with direct access to all main cities accross scotland.

What can I bring into the event?
You are welcome to bring objects you suspect to be haunted along to our experts at the Haunted Museum.

If you are attending the investigation, you are welcome to bring any 'ghost hunting' equipment you have including cameras but please don't bring anything considered dangerous or offensive.

Please, NO Ouijja boards. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Tel: 07840094667

or email: [email protected]

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
A printed ticket is preferable and much easier, but if you forget it don't panic -you can always show us on your mobile device! No fancy phone? Any issues can be sorted out on arrival, contact us on 07840094667.

Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes that's fine. It's your ticket, it's up to you what you do with it once it's paid for! We know that plans change, babysitters cancel and that this would make a great gift, so if you need to pass it on we are sorry you can't join us and we will welcome the lucky ticketholder! Please just let us know in advance.

*Please not this does not include discounted 2nd person weekend package deal

"Scotland's first convention of things paranormal."

Oh my goodness. There have been SO many others. So many. Have the organisers just recent!y arrived on the planet?

Is there a list of speakers? I don't see one.

If I can get the time off work I am going, I have always wanted to visit perth

Thats me booked! There is meant to be a ghost hunt as well but I am buggered if I can find it

The hotel prices seem a bit steep. Even with the current state of the Pound.

The hotel prices seem a bit steep. Even with the current state of the Pound.

Do a Travelodge like @titchagain or an Air B'n'B. It is an excellent hotel (although the last time I stayed there, it was still a Ramada Jarvis Group asset). The watermill in the middle makes it feel oddly-alive, as a building.

I may well still go to the event, if I can carve an escape from work....it'd be good to get some relaxation for a change.

There is meant to be a ghost hunt as well

Re the missing Ghost Hunt: I'm certain it will happen. I do think it is mainly the same group who have run similar tours very-professionally, in Edinburgh.

Perth can be every bit as mysterious as Auld Reekie, at night.

If I do go, I'll maybe make sure they've got some of the better-hidden gems on their itinerary. And even if I don't go, I may also still make sure they're covered (but no plot-spoiling).

meh, no updates on speakers or events, i emailed the organizers on monday and still no reply, it's a good job there is a lot to see around perth because i am worried this isn't happening

i emailed the organizers on monday
Hmm, good point.

I'm paid-up for the whole event (whether I actually do get there, due to work, is another story), but marketing for it has all gone very quiet.

I think I know one of the organisers, so I could try giving them a surprise PM (nb I don't mean Tony Blair wrapped in brown paper :)

still no reply to my email, i have taken to asking on facebook and planning a visit to stirling castle.

Might be worth contacting the venue to see if they can shed any light on what's happening.

They might at least be able to tell you if the venue is booked, and what it's for.

just found this announcement on facebook.
Unfortunately, due to ongoing health reasons this year's festival/ParaCon will be cancelled. It is not a decision taken lightly but after working out whether I could pull out all the stops and still make it happen, I decided to be sensible.

I will contact those who have bought tickets, booked stalls and agreed to give talks and workshops individually over the next few days and full refunds will be given. Please bare with me.

This means I can put all my energy into planning 2018's ParaCon, making it bigger and better! It also gives time to organise events over the year to boost next year's budget.

I feel this is preferable to giving you all a substandard event this year. I really appreciate everybody's support.

Don't completely empty that weekend in your diary though!
I hope to still go ahead with an overnight investigation on Saturday 7th October with proceeds to go to next year's ParaCon Alba. I wait with baited breath for confirmation from the location and will post details here straight away.

By way of an apology, a discount for the investigation will be offered along with the refund to those who have bought tickets for the ParaCon.

Thank you for your patience. Lynne.

i had planned on 2 days at the conference and 2 days sightseeing in perth, now i hope perth has 4 days worth of sightseeing.

I've met Lynne in the past, and I do trust her completely: so, although this is very sad news, it's probably for the best :dunno:

I was really looking forward to it... :(

now i hope perth has 4 days worth of sightseeing.
Yes, I'd say so. It's one of my cities. I'll have a think about some suggested locations

I've met Lynne in the past, and I do trust her completely: so, although this is very sad news, it's probably for the best :dunno:

I was really looking forward to it... :(

Yes, I'd say so. It's one of my cities. I'll have a think about some suggested locations
thank you, i have a visit to stirling castle, scone abbey and huntingtower castle in mind, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

i was looking forward to it for months, but nothing should come before someone's health and there's always next year.

Short notice, I know, but ParaCon Alba 2018 is running over this coming weekend at Perth (13/14 Oct).

I'm unable to attend, due to a previous engagement (drat!)

https://www.facebook.com/events/2170323239849587
43339983_2181094818810982_1712332241767497728_o.jpg

Note.....different venue from the intended location last year. New County Hotel as opposed to City Mills (and still Perth in Scotland, not Western Australia)

Last edited:
Damn, and I'm stuck on the other side of the globe.

Back