• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Parallel Universes

Here are the bibliographic details and abstract of the glaciology article cited above ...

Reflections on the anomalous ANITA events: the Antarctic subsurface as a possible explanation
Ian M. Shoemaker, Alexander Kusenko, Peter Kuipers Munneke, Andrew Romero-Wolf, Dustin M. Schroeder and Martin J. Siegert
Annals of Glaciology
Published online by Cambridge University Press: 24 April 2020
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/aog.2020.19

Abstract
The Antarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna (ANITA) balloon experiment was designed to detect radio signals initiated by high-energy neutrinos and cosmic ray (CR) air showers. These signals are typically discriminated by the polarization and phase inversions of the radio signal. The reflected signal from CRs suffer phase inversion compared to a direct ‘tau neutrino’ event. In this paper, we study subsurface reflection, which can occur without phase inversion, in the context of the two anomalous up-going events reported by ANITA. It is found that subsurface layers and firn density inversions may plausibly account for the events, while ice fabric layers and wind ablation crusts could also play a role. This hypothesis can be tested with radar surveying of the Antarctic region in the vicinity of the anomalous ANITA events. Future experiments should not use phase inversion as a sole criterion to discriminate between down-going and up-going events, unless the subsurface reflection properties are well understood.

SOURCE: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...-explanation/33C7346D70528285E88B5B909DF87ADB

Anyone else wondered what the other versions (the normal ones) of 2020 and 2021 are like? I’m wondering what I would have done and be doing.

I was thinking. If there are different versions of you in parallel universes. That possibly connect again when you die (quantum immortality). What if identical twins are two fragments of the same ‘soul’ but both in the same universe? Two different beings but linked. Maybe that’s why they can feel what the other one feels. They are certainly an interesting example of what we can’t explain.

Back