• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paranormal Games

I wonder, do games like these happen across languages?

I wonder, do games like these happen across languages?
To a certain extent yes but they do seem to be culturally tied. Kids don't play Bloody Mary here in Sweden but I believe they have something similar. And they do play their own version of the Ouija board.

Most of these are Japanese "games" which are probably tied to fiction or film. And they're all fascinated with 3:33am for some reason.

However, most of these types of games involve 4 things which are PROVEN (he shouted) to create weird psychological effects. So that is to say that these types of games will work but not by summoning ghosties or demons.

To freak yourself out you need the followong 4 things: A lit candle, a mirror, darkness and a repetitive phrase to repeat. Put the lit candle to one side of the mirror, sit in a darkened room and stare at your reflection. Repeat the phrase in a mantra type way and then just sit, staring at yourself. Bingo! Hallucination, brain misfires, self-hypnosis and catoptromancy. These things will allow you to be, as we saw professionally, freaked out as fuck. The first thing that happens (usually) is seeing your own face melting or distorting. This is probably Troxler's Fading effect but also maybe just the brain getting bored.

Last edited:
This in one of those 'the fifteen most' or 'the ten most' click bait poorly produced sensationalist videos but I still love them for it anyway .. apart from the crap ones ..

Misquote the imaginary witch. Everyone thinks of an imaginary witch them misquotes her.

I don't know if you'd class it as a paranormal game but my previous club would deliberately try and get a reaction from spirit during vigils. This usually would involve an object being placed in such a way as to offend whoever or whatever was present at the time. I never really believed that spirit could show such anger or possess such power.
I've been present when a large oak table - about the size weight of a snooker table - would lift and drop when spirit was provoked.
This is one of the reasons I'm without a club at present, I'd rather do without than participate in something that I believe to be extremely dangerous.

I’ve been playing the iOS (possibly android too) Dark City games. They are puzzle and hidden object quests. The London one had a headless clockmaker, the Munich one had Werewolves and I’ve just started the Dublin one with Leprechauns. The first two are free to play but you have to pay for clue rubies when you run out if you want them. The Dublin one was £4.99 but the clues refill. I’ve found them very enjoyable apart from one of the last puzzles in Munich that mum had to do for me because I couldn’t :rollingw:

Some call these games, some call these rituals, some call these bullshit. I've not tried any, but I find it interesting reading about them and peoples experiences with the outcomes (good, bad or indifferent).

The following link is to a Reddit subReddit called 'Three Kings Corner - Paranormal Experiments' named after the Three Kings Game/Ritual, reputed to be one of the most frightening games to play when done correctly. There are also instructions for others like 'Doors to the Mind', the 'Elevator Game', 'The Midnight Man' and so on.

Be sure to read the two top (sticky) posts which are ritual indexes and their instructions.

As always with these things, play at your own risk (insert evil laugh):

https://www.reddit.com/r/threekings/

Back