• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paranormal Investigator Claims ‘Time Warp’ Near Las Vegas

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Apparently what happens in Vegas, may not actually stay in Vegas.

A paranormal researcher named Joshua Warren claims he is the first person to ever discover a time warp, which he found near the city. Warren said he has been measuring the rate of time all over in areas between Las Vegas and the top secret Air Force site known as Area 51. Last week he found a spot in the desert just north of Vegas where he claims time has slowed down.

Using what’s known as a “differential time rate meter,” also known as a “DT meter,” he claimed that for the first time ever he was able to record a measurement showing time had been slowing down for 20 microseconds — something that laws of physics prove should not occur.

“That shouldn’t happen unless there is some kind of unknown technology being tested nearby that would influence the environment, or if there are naturally places around planet earth that actually sort of flicker once in a while, that warp a little bit,” Warren told KVVU-TV.

The paranormal researcher says he plans to continue researching around Nevada to see if any patterns present themselves. He hopes he can pinpoint what’s behind the finding — perhaps something that’s not even present on Earth.

“The big question at this point is not whether or not we have these anomalies, but what’s causing them?” asked Warren. “Is this something natural that gives us a window a gateway into another world or another level of reality? Or is this the byproduct of some kind of weird technology, be it something secret and man-made or something that’s extraterrestrial?”

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/06/28/time-warp-las-vegas-paranormal-investigator/

maximus otter

There's a bit more technobabble here (warning : apostrophe abuse). The investigator doesn't explain it very well and the Fox5 reporter doesn't help (a sensor that sends out a signal?). But it supposedly detected a difference of 23μs per second.

What I do note from the video, however, is that it's next to a busy road and overhead electric transmission lines - plenty of potential for electromagnetic noise. And he's effectively got a 100ft antenna on the end of his mystery box.

(Highlight from the technobabble page :

"It would probably not be a good idea to wait for a perfect case because there is the possibility that someone will buy me out. This meter could then be suppressed to prevent the general public from developing anti-gravity, or time travel technology. The DT-Meter is an essential tool in the process of such development. If there is an interest in purchasing the trademark, circuit diagrams, firmware, mechanical designs and everything, please let me know and I will create an auction that would start at 938,000 dollars." )

Last edited:
There's a bit more technobabble here (warning : apostrophe abuse). The investigator doesn't explain it very well and the Fox5 reporter doesn't help (a sensor that sends out a signal?). But it supposedly detected a difference of 23μs per second.

What I do note from the video, however, is that it's next to a busy road and overhead electric transmission lines - plenty of potential for electromagnetic noise. And he's effectively got a 100ft antenna on the end of his mystery box.

I've never heard it called that before.

Time on Earth shouldn't pass at a uniform rate. Differences in altitude or local gravty such as by mountains should cause differences. It would be difficult to measure though.

... What I do note from the video, however, is that it's next to a busy road and overhead electric transmission lines - plenty of potential for electromagnetic noise. And he's effectively got a 100ft antenna on the end of his mystery box. ...

Exactly ... The so-called DT meter is based on correlation between two signals whose sources are separated by circa 100 feet of space and connected via an electrical / data cable. Anything causing interference or signal delay (e.g., a suboptimal cable or cable connection) could yield spurious signal mismatches the meter would display (and the meter user would interpret) as differences in time flow.

So he is already trying to flog it, his instrument i mean

He should swap that meter for some magic beans. This is just voodoo (meta)physics.

If I might adapt the description used in the context of freemen-on-the-land linguistics: (ie Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments)....into 'Semi-organised Pseudoscientific Paratechnical Nonsense'

...So he is already trying to flog it, his instrument i mean..

I've heard of people beating their bishop. Is this a nerdy variation ?

..A paranormal researcher named Joshua Warren claims he is the first person to ever discover a time warp, which he found near the city...

If he hands it in to the police, and no one claims it, in three month he gets to keep it.

INT21

... A paranormal researcher named Joshua Warren claims he is the first person to ever discover a time warp, which he found near the city...

If he hands it in to the police, and no one claims it, in three month he gets to keep it.

Is that three months in 'real' time, or in 'warp' time? :thought:

Not sure, best ask Einstein.
Though he'll probably tell you it's all relative.

Three hours with my relatives just feels like three months.

/ ba dum tish!

Three hours with my relatives just feels like three months.

/ ba dum tish!
I have that same thing when I visit my Mum and Dad.
There's nothing for me to do there and I'm usually bored out of my skull.

Back