• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paranormal Phone Calls

KOFY_Fitz

Junior Acolyte
Hi all!

I'd love to pick your collective brains if I can. I'm trying to find documented cases of paranormal phone calls such as phone calls from someone that has passed or where one person thought about making a call and didn't but the person they were going to call still received it.

So far I've got the Dean Koontz story, the Charles Peck (Chatsworth crash), the Blackpool gazette story about Frank Jones receiving texts from his dead wife (though second hand as the original article is no longer available that I can find) and the Rosenheim poltergeist that called the speaking clock.

(edited for spelling)

We have threads on this. I'd search for 'Phone Calls from the Dead' for a start.

Or just 'telephone' or 'phone'. You'll be deluged with threads.

We have threads on this. I'd search for 'Phone Calls from the Dead' for a start.

Or just 'telephone' or 'phone'. You'll be deluged with threads.
Thanks, I'm trawling them now but most are personal anecdotes (which are fine and we'd love some but we won't just lift them from the forum or reddit etc without permission from the person that experienced it). I'm trying to find some that have been reported in newspapers, journals or magazines etc or other famous cases that we can investigate.

Thanks, I'm trawling them now but most are personal anecdotes (which are fine and we'd love some but we won't just lift them from the forum or reddit etc without permission from the person that experienced it). I'm trying to find some that have been reported in newspapers, journals or magazines etc or other famous cases that we can investigate.
Personal anecdotes are mainly what you'll find on this board.

Yeah, and that's great if people would like to share them with us but I didn't want to use this forum as a place to harvest personal stories from, it just feels a bit underhanded somehow. Asking for published stories seems less wrong somehow? If nothing else it both allows us to research ourselves and provides information and a talking point for other forum members.

We really don't want to be one of those shows that just reads out a handful of reddit posts and calls it a day!
Personal anecdotes are mainly what you'll find on this board

Yeah, and that's great if people would like to share them with us but I didn't want to use this forum as a place to harvest personal stories from, it just feels a bit underhanded somehow. Asking for published stories seems less wrong somehow? If nothing else it both allows us to research ourselves and provides information and a talking point for other forum members.

We really don't want to be one of those shows that just reads out a handful of reddit posts and calls it a day!
You might ask people for their stories. What can happen? They can only say no! :wink2:

You might ask people for their stories. What can happen? They can only say no! :wink2:
I think it's just the way my brain works! I'm not an avid poster here but I do lurk and read quite a lot. Using this place as somewhere to collect stories from just kind of felt like it wasn't in the spirit of participating. Taking out without putting in so to speak, it just felt a bit selfish.

I think it's just the way my brain works! I'm not an avid poster here but I do lurk and read quite a lot. Using this place as somewhere to collect stories from just kind of felt like it wasn't in the spirit of participating. Taking out without putting in so to speak, it just felt a bit selfish.
The magazine used to plunder the board for It Happened To Me book content!
They did ask and people were OK about it.

Not to rip him off directly but I'm pretty sure the Ghost Story Guys did an episode recently. I'm fairly sure Brennen would be up for a conversation.

Hi all!

I'd love to pick your collective brains if I can. I'm trying to find documented cases of paranormal phone calls such as phone calls from someone that has passed or where one person thought about making a call and didn't but the person they were going to call still received it.

So far I've got the Dean Koontz story, the Charles Peck (Chatsworth crash), the Blackpool gazette story about Frank Jones receiving texts from his dead wife (though second hand as the original article is no longer available that I can find) and the Rosenheim poltergeist that called the speaking clock.

(edited for spelling)

It's slightly outwith the phone call from a dead relative motif - which is why I think it's stuck with me - but some time back I posted details of a story culled from the collection, Credible Witness: Paranormal Police Stories, by Andy Gilbert (I think it's in the first volume).

The bare bones are on the Railway Ghosts thread at #182.

Might be worth seeing if you can get hold of Mr Gilbert and see if he's willing to share his source - and his source is willing to share.

Last edited:
Hi all!

(edited for spelling)

lf you’re looking for such calls in fiction, Doc in Steinbeck’s Cannery Row is always worried that, when his phone rings, he might hear his dead father’s voice on the line.

maximus otter

Back