• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Not very impressive.

If you look at the edge of adjacent tiles (below and to the right) it suggests a light source very close to make the illumination source.

It looks staged.

I was thinking that it could have been spotted by candle light. People seem to put tea ligyhts all around the bath!

Not very impressive.

If you look at the edge of adjacent tiles (below and to the right) it suggests a light source very close to make the illumination source.

It looks staged.
Staged - yes it could well be, although I think it's just that the source of light which seems to be the main reason why that particular form of an image is there, forming off of the uneven glass surface from the tile, or water being on the surface of the tile, apophenia or pareidolia type images will always present themselves it seems when chance provides the right sort of deceptive formations.
The eyes see it, the brain defines what the eyes see, but neither can validate what it thinks it is seeing until thought takes over and finds a suitable and sensible explanation for it, it seems.

Last edited:
A rather pensive looking dryad I caught out in the very urban environs of Fitzrovia:

DSCF0990b.jpg

DSC00317 - Copy.JPG

This disfigured face is in an old Formica worktop in our ancient kitchen, possibly a previous resident of the house, trapped in there.

For some reason, my eyes always seem drawn to it when I go in there to make a cup of tea.

Yes, and it's probably upside down as well.

View attachment 74243

This disfigured face is in an old Formica worktop in our ancient kitchen, possibly a previous resident of the house, trapped in there.

For some reason, my eyes always seem drawn to it when I go in there to make a cup of tea.

Yes, and it's probably upside down as well.
I don't believe it! There's no grain of truth in it being a representation of the former resident.:)

Back