• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Part Works & Series

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
I cut my fortean teeth on The Unexplained and Man Myth and Magic. I hunted down single issues in charity shops and at humble sales for years - until they became a rare rather than a familiar sight. As recently as 10 years ago I donated my still very incomplete stacks to the church summer activity group and treated myself to complete sets from ebay and abebooks.

I know people go on about partworks being poor value but I loved the idea that every week/month I'd have a magazine to read /and/ something to file for future reference.

Fortean Times is OF COURSE the biggie :D What other similar things were there? are there? Are there similar subjects being done now that I'm not seeing?

Actually.... are partworks still a thing? :(

I have a full set of The Movie, complete with the extensive index and dictionary of film. Despite the avalanche of film-related material on the internet, the articles still make good reading. It dates from the infancy of the video age, so the two-page speads on individual films must once have been as close as many people were to come to seeing them! :cooll:

Back