• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Just to entertain the docudrama fantasy a bit more - what would be more possible is that RP planned on recreating the Roe sighting; RP probably/certainly based his Osterman female sketch on the Roe drawing (done by the daughter, under direction of the witness). So nowhere near as dramatic an encounter, but one that actually features a lone female. Does not make the docudrama theory any more plausible though...

There just something about the Patterson-Gimlin film that I find strangely unsettling. As much as I "should" accept that it was an incredibly well-staged hoax, I can't bring myself to do it.

The boys from the "Astonishing Legends" podcast have just dropped Episode 1 of their investigation into the Patterson-Gimlin film.

They also promise an interview with Bob Gimlin in a future episode on the topic.

For those not familiar with this podcast series, these are usually very well researched - but incredibly long.

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2019/4/13/ep-139-the-patterson-gimlin-film-part-1

No word yet on how many parts they are planning on doing.

There just something about the Patterson-Gimlin film that I find strangely unsettling. As much as I "should" accept that it was an incredibly well-staged hoax, I can't bring myself to do it.
i've always found the patterson - gimlin film unsettling too

Really? I'm still seeing a man in a suit. The most unsettling part for me are the white soles of the feet of the "creature". How could they possibly look like that after a lifetime of walking through the woods without a shower?

Agreed. The enhanced and stabilised video reveals that the subject's gait is within perfectly normal human limits. That, along with the suspiciously pale (rubber?) soles of the suit's feet and the letterbox or "burka" effect on the face when the subject turns to look at the camera all point to a hoax.
I find the film amusing, rather than unsettling.

Agreed. The enhanced and stabilised video reveals that the subject's gait is within perfectly normal human limits. That, along with the suspiciously pale (rubber?) soles of the suit's feet and the letterbox or "burka" effect on the face when the subject turns to look at the camera all point to a hoax.
I find the film amusing, rather than unsettling.

Astonishing Legends podcast are doing their usual well researched take on the film

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2019/4/13/ep-139-the-patterson-gimlin-film-part-1

N
Have a look at the start of this video light feet underneath and the gait is pretty human, considering

You can't really see the soles of the feet in the first sequence but, around 2:04, where the gorilla is ambling directly away from the camera, they look almost black.
That's not to say that Bigfoot, if it exists (which I doubt) should have similar skin colour to a gorilla. I agree with KW though that such pale, almost white, soles don't seem very likely for a bipedal creature in the wild.

Also - Patty probably had wet feet, and was walking in sand...

Oh come on. That's not what wet, sandy feet look like. Ever walked on a beach? You don't get an even, white, flat coating on your soles.

Not to mention that you don't get that powdery white sand in a creek in the woods?

Capture.PNG

001.jpg

Astonishing Legends podcast are doing their usual well researched take on the film

Well, I listened up to Part 2 and I am very disappointed. The bias this time is overwhelming. Anything that points to a hoax is being glazed over, particularly Patterson's dodgy dealings. And the general thrust of the argument is that "because it's on an analog film, it must be real".

That's "wanting to belief", but not serious research..

Going back to the time when it was filmed, it must have been some stroke of genius to make it a female suit
If this film didn't exist and someone was filming a hoax today - would they even now contemplate making it a female?

Going back to the time when it was filmed, it must have been some stroke of genius to make it a female suit
If this film didn't exist and someone was filming a hoax today - would they even now contemplate making it a female?

You mean that they would be /more/ likely to contemplate making it different to themselves?

(Assuming Patty was a person in a suit / costume ... )

I'm not sure the suit was intended to reflect a female. The female attribution is most commonly associated with what appear to be breasts. Others have commented that the presumed suit is too large for the person inside, causing the apparent folding or 'baggy-ness' in the shoulders, torso, and hip areas.

In other words, the female attribution may be a side-effect of a baggy suit, rather than an intended feature.

(Assuming Patty was a person in a suit / costume ... )

I'm not sure the suit was intended to reflect a female. The female attribution is most commonly associated with what appear to be breasts. Others have commented that the presumed suit is too large for the person inside, causing the apparent folding or 'baggy-ness' in the shoulders, torso, and hip areas.

In other words, the female attribution may be a side-effect of a baggy suit, rather than an intended feature.
I'd say that they are intentional, and that they were made for the Ostman(?) Segment which Patterson would have been very likely to include in his aborted film.

Well....my 2 cents....I've watched that film many times over the years ,and while it would be cool if Bigfoot did exist,....it looks like a man walking in a costume to me. But I am not an 'animal expert' so my 2 cents isn't worth much.

I'd say that they are intentional, and that they were made for the Ostman(?) Segment which Patterson would have been very likely to include in his aborted film.

Good point ... It hadn't occurred to me Patterson may have been intending to include the Ostman story in his film's script.

Speaking of which ... How much (if anything) do we know of the planned film's script or storyboard?

Back