• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paul Is Dead (Sixties Hoax)

I don't think they'd allow dead people to entertain the Royals - not the done thing, dontcha know?
Having had to sit through many Royal Command Performances and Royal Variety Shows, on TV, in the 1960's, I can say with authority, that that is sooo wrong!
The Maiden.
The Mother
The Layer Out.

Keats called her, `La Belle Dame Sans Merci' and who the Gods love die young. He only made it to 26.

LIPA

Apparantly the canteen at the Liverpool Institute of the Performing Arts has just started serving non-vegetarian food.

Originally posted by garrick92
Why does the bottom C of the organ in St Paul's London produce a note below the range of the human ear?

I'm no musician but found this intriguing. Couldn't find anything at the obvious web-based sources - Any more information? Or is this a well-attested fact?

Sorry, I know this has been dead for quite a while...

Last edited:
When George was alive I heard the 3 remaining Beatles described as the 'threetles'. They are now of course the 'twotles'.

BUMP

Just wondering if anyone can answer my (albeit off-thread) question 2 posts up? It intrigued me at the time and i've just rediscovered it.

Answers on a postcard...

I just came across a very detailled 'Paul is dead' site:

http://uberkinder.5u.com/paul/

What an awful lot of effort.

Also on this (although it might have been mentioned before in another thread):

Do you guys have any theories on why so many music personas die at the age of 27??

There was quite a bit of this kind of thing mentioned recently as jack White from the White Stripes was convinced he was going to die when he was 27 but managed to get through it only to have a car rash on his 28th birthday which required a lot of (graphically reproduced on their website) hand surgery and they had to cancel a lot of tour dates. Chalk that one up to a near miss ;)

Emps

Emperor said:
There was quite a bit of this kind of thing mentioned recently as jack White from the White Stripes was convinced he was going to die when he was 27 but managed to get through it only to have a car rash on his 28th birthday which required a lot of (graphically reproduced on their website) hand surgery and they had to cancel a lot of tour dates. Chalk that one up to a near miss ;)

Emps

A 27-year-old writes: I like the White Stripes, but does Jack really think of himself in the same exalted company as Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain and Bolan?

The organ at St Paul's, as far as I'm aware has nothing unusual about it's frequency range, pipe organs quite commonly go down to 16hz, which is too low to hear as such but is quite definitely felt!

BlackRiverFalls said:
The organ at St Paul's, as far as I'm aware has nothing unusual about it's frequency range, pipe organs quite commonly go down to 16hz, which is too low to hear as such but is quite definitely felt!

Thanks, i've waited 10 months for someone to explain this. :)

it probably similar to the feeling that you get from standing near loudspeakers in a concert, that feeling that goes right through you and vibreates the cochlea, making you feel a little lightheaded.

Oh, it's much better, even a bass guitar only goes down to 41hz!

Electronic instruments can better that but rarely get played that way because very few PA systems can reproduce notes below about 25-30hz.

When it comes to producing very low frequencies size is everything and a 32" long organ pipe is damn hard to compete with!

I'd tend to describe it as feeling asif the air around you is literally trembling...

BlackRiverFalls said:
Electronic instruments can better that but rarely get played that way because very few PA systems can reproduce notes below about 25-30hz.

We saw the Rocky Horror show recently, and in the 'spaceship taking off' scene, i'm pretty sure they are using infra-sound.

You don't so much hear it as feel it in your sternum. Wierd feeling, quite unlike anything I'm familiar with. My wife said it was a bit like leaning against a washing machine on spin cycle - though why she would want to do that I don't know.

I havent seen this discussed on here before, and the search turned up nothing.

I only saw it mentioned again today, I had forgotten all about it.

The short story goes that Paul MCartney was actually killed in a road traffic accident back in the 60's, and that the band knew it would hurt them if the truth was ever found out, so they employed a lookalike and the band continued.

Below is a website containing various conspiracy facts about the story.

Enjoy!!

The Story

Why did 'Paul' suddenly get taller?

Height Comparisons

Surely the simplest way to settle this in the digital age would be with voiceprint comparisons?

Have certain classical pieces also been deemed subversive in some way?

There's a dissonant interval or something which was known as The Devil In Music and ISTR was banned by the church in the middle ages. And the whole is-there-coded-music-in-Rosslyn-Chapel thing that was just in Fortean Times.

Elgar's Enigma variations have a main theme which is ... er ... an enigma. He never told anyone what it was.

Satie was mixed up in mysticism and Rosicrucianism so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some hidden things in his music.

The biggest rubbish ever but lets just say this. If it looks like PMcC and it sounds like him and he has the same [or lets face it maybe even better] songwriting skills...

...who cares?

There may be something to it... I recall reading that the 'Paul is dead' rumour went around London in 1967, the Beatles themselves heard about it, and Lennon was sufficiently amused to refer to it obliquely in some of his lyrics on The Beatles (Glass Onion, for one) - this backfired of course as the 'clues' were subsequently discovered by those who propagated the rumour in the US during 1969... :roll:

A more convincing 'dead Beatle' theory is that John Lennon foresaw his own demise in certain lyrics, eg: Happiness Is a Warm Gun ('bang, bang, shoot, shoot') and Come Together ('shoot me')... :shock:

Or Chapman, who knew everything about the Beatles thought..."oh OK then..." and did what John wanted ;)

WhistlingJack said:
A more convincing 'dead Beatle' theory is that John Lennon foresaw his own demise in certain lyrics, eg: Happiness Is a Warm Gun ('bang, bang, shoot, shoot') and Come Together ('shoot me')... :shock:

Given the reaction to his "Bigger than Jesus" comment, I was surprised when he moved to the States.

As for Paul, dead or not, his follicles are remarkably healthy - bus pass age, and no grey hairs :roll:

Here is a link to an mp3 of an American Radio broadcast dating from the late 1970's detailing all you need to know about this conspiracy. It's pretty funny actually, in the way its obviously a bit tongue in cheek, and they say the Americans don't get irony!

It comes from UBUweb and their fantastic 365 Days Project which has 364 more interesting and quirky, copyright free mp.3's to download.

http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/10-1.html

Scroll down to October 6th for the "Paul Is Dead" entry, the link to the mp.3 is to the right of the date, right click and save as.

Having just trawled through this entire thread with many entertaining diversions to other sites to check the colour of pauls eyes and his height etc, I can day this: Something strange did indeed happen to Paul McCartney just before Sgt. Pepper was released.

I'm not saying he died and that a stand-in was employed, merely that his bone structure, face length and his height did indeed change. He also bears scars from plastic surgery. Maybe he was suffering from an illness and underwent a tough operation which took it's toll, or maybe he was involved in a car crash and the loss of weight, scars etc are due to recovery. Who knows?

The idea that he is dead seems a little far fetched to me but it is clear that something happened and it was kept quiet, probably so thousands of teenage girls didn't go off the deep end.

Ringo_ said:
Having just trawled through this entire thread with many entertaining diversions to other sites to check the colour of pauls eyes and his height etc, I can day this: Something strange did indeed happen to Paul McCartney just before Sgt. Pepper was released.

I'm not saying he died and that a stand-in was employed, merely that his bone structure, face length and his height did indeed change. He also bears scars from plastic surgery. Maybe he was suffering from an illness and underwent a tough operation which took it's toll, or maybe he was involved in a car crash and the loss of weight, scars etc are due to recovery. Who knows?

In December 1965 while visiting his father, McCartney crashed his scooter, busting his lip and losing a front tooth, which would account for any apparent facial changes: -

accident.jpg

Throughout that period he was, by his own admission, practically living on pharmaceuticals, so that probably accounts for any weight loss and his susbsequent thinness probably made him look taller also...

Well, it would seem whistlingjack knows. That certainly accounts for scaring on the chin, the lip operation and the eye discolouration.

The only thing left is his height. He does seem to have grown about 4 inches in 6 months. Hmm... :?

Those comparisons are certainly food for thought. Though what kind of thoughts, I'm unsure. Such photographic evidence makes a much better case than the hidden meanings in the songs angle.

All very odd.

Wikipedia has a history of the tale:

Here :shock:

Here's a thought: compare his ears. The folds, curls etc. in everyone's ear are as unique as fingerprints and would be hard to fake, assuming anyone even thought of that back in the 60s.

*grabs the hedge trimmer from the shed*

Come here Mr. McCartney, I would like to take a closer look at that ear. NOw brace yourself because this might make your eyes water.

Here are the ears of Paul and Faul compared. Along with a quite florid version of the substitution saga. This one claims there was also a false Brian Epstein - Frian?

One possibility does occur to me: might the baby-faced boyo have undergone some form of hormonal fertility-treatment, which produced a late spurt of growth? :gaga:

Edit, 12:23 am, an imposter called Epstien has been spotted and evicted.

JamesWhitehead said:
Here are the ears of Paul and Faul compared. Along with a quite florid version of the substitution saga. This one claims there was also a false Brian Epstien - Frian?

Ha! Yes, i'm going to see the Featles tomorrow night, the full original line up of Fohn, Faul, Feorge and Fingo should be playing!!!

Back