• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paul Is Dead (Sixties Hoax)

Comic Book Explores ‘Paul Is Dead’ Beatles Myth

A new comic book will explore a fictional world where the “Paul Is Dead” myth is true, and the Beatles face a future without him in 1966.

In one of rock’s oldest conspiracy theories, Paul McCartney died in a car crash during the making of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and was replaced by a lookalike because the Fab Four wanted to keep going without admitting the truth. Fans of the theory claim that, even though the facts were never revealed, later Beatles songs hinted at what had happened to McCartney.

Paul Is Dead: When The Beatles Lost McCartney was created by writer Paolo Baron and artist Ernesto Carbonetti and will be published on June 3.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-paul-is-dead-comic-book/

Superbly, Adam Buxton talked to Paul McCartney on his most recent podcast, and got him to discuss the Paul is Dead CT!

Hear here:
Podcast

It's about halfway, two thirds through. The upshot is, Paul wasn't too bothered because it was good publicity for the album! He seems to know quite a bit about it, mind you.

Superbly, Adam Buxton talked to Paul McCartney on his most recent podcast, and got him to discuss the Paul is Dead CT!

Hear here:
Podcast

It's about halfway, two thirds through. The upshot is, Paul wasn't too bothered because it was good publicity for the album! He seems to know quite a bit about it, mind you.
He would though, wouldn’t he...

Billy Shears!

tumblr_lmopwbSjRi1qzeqqeo1_400.jpg

Paul McCartney's released a new song with Beck, his younger 1960's face has been deep fake rendered onto some dancer's body and the effect is pretty impressive .. at least I think it's deep fake? .. or they found an amazing lookalike for this video ..

Last edited:
Yes, that is impressive. A little freaky too. Looks like thirty-year-old-Beatle Paul, sounds like eighty-year-old Sir Paul. One commenter on YT said, "Paul finally found Ringo's fountain of youth". Also some other good comments, very rare for YT.

Paul is amazing, still cranking out good albums fifty years after the Beatles broke up. He's a lot of fun to watch in interviews too. Still sharp, still a really nice guy.

Yes, that is impressive. A little freaky too. Looks like thirty-year-old-Beatle Paul, sounds like eighty-year-old Sir Paul. One commenter on YT said, "Paul finally found Ringo's fountain of youth". Also some other good comments, very rare for YT.

Paul is amazing, still cranking out good albums fifty years after the Beatles broke up. He's a lot of fun to watch in interviews too. Still sharp, still a really nice guy.
Must have been having a bad day when he played at the queen's diamond jubilee

To be honest, I hadn't watched this vid right to the end until about half an hour ago but the end reveal is Paul peeling his face off and dropping it on the floor so we see it was just Beck wearing one of those ultra realistic foam gelatine masks all along. I'm not convinced it was though, I think there's some CGI wizardry going on in the vid.

To be honest, I hadn't watched this vid right to the end until about half an hour ago but the end reveal is Paul peeling his face off and dropping it on the floor so we see it was just Beck wearing one of those ultra realistic foam gelatine masks all along. I'm not convinced it was though, I think there's some CGI wizardry going on in the vid.
It’s deep fake trickery. Beck does the dancing and Paul’s face is put on.
I reckon.

More convincing than all three hours of The Irishman, anyway.

I thought, Beck's in his 50s now at least, so why deepfake Paul's head on him? Can he bust moves like he used to? Then I watched the video and it was basically dad dancing, so I think it probably is Beck from the neck down.

More convincing than all three hours of The Irishman, anyway.

I thought, Beck's in his 50s now at least, so why deepfake Paul's head on him? Can he bust moves like he used to? Then I watched the video and it was basically dad dancing, so I think it probably is Beck from the neck down.
I looked into it and it's someone called Jordan (something) who did the dancing in that video. Can't remember his full name at the moment but either way it isn't Beck dancing.

Must have been having a bad day when he played at the queen's diamond jubilee
I wasn't there. Did he insult the Queen or something? Or is it more like his seventy-something voice cracked? :eek: Egads, how gauche that would be!

I'm not a huge fan of McCartney's solo work, or post-Beatles work I suppose is more accurate. They are good records, but I've never bought any. I do admire the man though, for remaining humble and generous in a situation that would cause a lot of people to become intolerable twats. Hating on the Beatles remains a popular pastime, but they were more than the sum of their parts and they did change our culture a great deal, like it or not.

I wasn't there. Did he insult the Queen or something? Or is it more like his seventy-something voice cracked? :eek: Egads, how gauche that would be!

I'm not a huge fan of McCartney's solo work, or post-Beatles work I suppose is more accurate. They are good records, but I've never bought any. I do admire the man though, for remaining humble and generous in a situation that would cause a lot of people to become intolerable twats. Hating on the Beatles remains a popular pastime, but they were more than the sum of their parts and they did change our culture a great deal, like it or not.
It was the voice, I like the Beatles and even some Wings and McCartneys solo stuff but jeez he sounded terrible, try Googling 'Paul McCartney queens diamond jubilee '

...try Googling 'Paul McCartney queens diamond jubilee '
I did, and I watched enough to see what you mean. Pretty rough. The beginning of this video shows Paul and his friends before the show, at one point breaking into the Monkees theme song. That's vintage Paul. Everyone seemed to know all the words. :)

I did, and I watched enough to see what you mean. Pretty rough. The beginning of this video shows Paul and his friends before the show, at one point breaking into the Monkees theme song. That's vintage Paul. Everyone seemed to know all the words. :)

I struggled to get past him murdering 'live and let die'

Most of the stuff I've read from non-famous people who have met Bil.. I mean Paul reckon he's a really lovely guy.

Paul McCartney's released a new song with Beck, his younger 1960's face has been deep fake rendered onto some dancer's body and the effect is pretty impressive .. at least I think it's deep fake? .. or they found an amazing lookalike for this video ..

Well they do have prior form for finding good lookalikes for Paul…

I had a day off work yesterday, so I decided to finish my Christmas chores early and have a bit of a YouTube day.

I happened to be on that “top 5” documentary you tube site, which is hosted by a young English guy and normally quite good with many Fortean subjects covered, but the doc I watched yesterday was absolutely ridicules. The gist of it was did Sir Paul McCartney die in a car accident in 1966, and a look-a-like take his place in the Beatles.

The case put forward by top 5 was weak, and some of the theories just plain daft. I’ve never heard of a dead Paul McCartney, conspiracy theory before – when did this become a thing..?

Has anyone seen the top 5 doc or heard of this conspiracy theory before..?

What's Fortean is how one could not have heard of this.

Back