• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paul Is Dead (Sixties Hoax)

OK, so now Paul and Brian died in a plane crash in France?

The only interesting thing form the site posted above by Jameswhitehead is the picture of Paul's face in the car window, taken from the Free as a bird video. It does look rather gruesome but is it supposed to be a picture of how his body looked when it washed ashore all bloated and eaten?

My head hurts. :?

The strangest claim on that page is that the guy who imitated Macca also imitated Vivian Stanshall.

graylien said:
The strangest claim on that page is that the guy who imitated Macca also imitated Vivian Stanshall.
Mcartney being about 5'10" and Stanshall clearly being well over 6' and very, very much a ginger geezer. :lol:

It seemed like a journey through someones mind, leading to coplete madess :shock:

First ok, a quirky idea. Then the plastic surgery and the cosmetic injections [??] and last but not least the total collapse of reality, when everyone was impersonating someone else...whoa...

Surely this whole conspiracy could be unveiled by simply running an EVP experiment to get in touch with Paul, because someone as powerful as Faul has become would be able to mess with the results of a DNA test.

DNA Alert DNA Alert

Calling all ageing chambermaids with carefully-preserved specimens of Paul's pubes . . . or perhaps there is a Stained Sheet of Hamburg hanging - I think that's the word - over someone's mantlepiece. Groupies, have you, perchance, Lewinsky-like, preserved the dress in which you gobbled Paul in 1964?

Thousands have now sent their stains to forensic laboratories and we now have a DNA profile of Paul.

Attempts however to find any body fluid at all in the reptillian form of the crocodile-faced Faul have so far proved unsuccessful. :(

A scientist writes, "Clearly the youthful Paul suffered a catastrophic depletion of body-fluids at a crucial time in his development. He was literally drained by his vampiric groupies. A small piece of coral must then have entered his body when he was being buggered by a halibut during an orgy at the home of depraved French merman Jacques Cousteau. This caused first his bones to atollise and later his skin to form that terrible facial-scrotum. We are working on a ninny-technology which will enable the real Paul to be resculpted internally from the corrupted cells of Faul. God knows what he must have suffered, trapped in there for nearly forty years . . ."

So now we know! :eek:

I wonder if Heather's thinking, "He's not the man I married!"

Ah! But the real Paul is not dead, just living on a ranch in Bolivia with Elvis and Hitler. They've all run out of cash now so the real Paul sent Heather out to entice Faul into a marriage so when the enevitable divorce happend the real Paul could use Heather to get back the fortune in the form of a massive divorce settlement. Heather thinks she will get a substantial amount of hush money to keep this quiet but McCartney, Elvis and Hitler are plotting her demise as we speak............

Afternoon Peeps

I am a big fan of Beatles music, and have recently been reading a little about their history. Upon doing so, I came across something that I had heard a little about before but not taken much notice of...until now.

It is the story that Paul McCartney was actually killed in a car crash in 1966, and that a man called William Shears Campbell was brought in as a result of a PM 'look alike' contest to replace him, seeming as they were at the peak of their powers and didnt want to dissapoint the public and also risk it being game over for their careers. This lookalike was apparently given plastic surgery and made to look as much like PM as possible. The story goes that they even delayed some photo shoots and drew a few album covers to give the surgeons some time to get the face right, and so nobody would notice the difference.

So the tale goes, the rest of the Beatles were devestated, and inserted many clues into their lyrics and album covers, from 1966 onwards, as a way of getting the message across to the most cryptic of fans that PM was actually dead, and a message of how he died. I'm not going to list all the supposed clues and all the sites stating them, because if you google this you will be inundated with sites.

Personally, I think this is a UL that has gone through the years, going from word of mouth in the sixties and benifited from a resurgence in the last 10 or so years with the popularity of the internet. I can think of many problems with the claims, most being that I cannot imagine how a single man can become someone else in 3 months and nobody would notice, and the chances of that happening, with the guy even having the same voice as PM, is crazy. Also, why hide it now? There are only 2 Beatles left, surely somebody would have spilled the beans by now.

What are your thoughts on this? I was fascinated by all the clues, looking them up, and feeling rather scared for all the people that have obviously got far too much time on their hands.

Anyone else looked into this, and anyone know any similar stories in the world of entertainment?

RS

I've certainly heard of this before - wasn't there even a theory that Vivian Stanshall, of Bonzo Dog doo-dah Band fame, impersonated Paul after his death? That said, Stanshall's own death in 1995 would probably blow that theory out of the water - or possibly, he's decided to be Paul full-time, and so has faked his own death. Either way, VS did resemble PM, at least superficially.

I love this type of theory, even if they are usually total tripe!

The surest proof for me that Paul was and is still Paul is the 'la-de-di, love you, do you love me' stuff he's churned out both before and since as a solo artist. (that's me on several McCartey fans hit list).

Unless of course someone else has been writing his music all these years...this theory just gets more and more twisted.

Layla said:
The surest proof for me that Paul was and is still Paul is the 'la-de-di, love you, do you love me' stuff he's churned out both before and since as a solo artist.

I think the technical term is "pish".

The same thing happened with Elvis. The King now lives in a retirement home fighting zombies with a black JFK!

markclaire said:
Afternoon Peeps

I am a big fan of Beatles music, and have recently been reading a little about their history. Upon doing so, I came across something that I had heard a little about before but not taken much notice of...until now.

It is the story that Paul McCartney was actually killed in a car crash in 1966..
Welcome to the board.

I've merged your new thread, Paul Is Dead, to an existing thread not coincidentally called Paul Is Dead, which in a further burst of non-synchronicity deals with the self-same topic. You're new, so I'll let you off, and come to that it was definitely due another airing, so thanks :).

caroleaswas said:
On the front of the Abbey Road album, there was supposed to be some singificance attached to the fact that Paul was wearing black and barefooted (singifying a corpse or some equally specious theory).

Carole

On the cover of Abbey road they are crossing the road in bare feet, symbolic of a funeral as undertakers used to go bare footed at funerals.

Hello there.
I very rarely post here, but I had never heard the Paul is dead theory before and couldn't resist it :)
If you look at Pauls teeth at this link you can see they are pretty distinctive. If you look at the canine on his right side you see it sits quite high up.

http://digilander.libero.it/jamespaul/i ... artney.jpg

Now if you look at Fauls teeth here:

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/20 ... 003337.jpg

He has the exact same thing. He has had some work done to his cental teeth, but its the same guy.

S

Peripart said:
..That said, Stanshall's own death in 1995 would probably blow that theory out of the water - or possibly, he's decided to be Paul full-time, and so has faked his own death. Either way, VS did resemble PM, at least superficially.
I met Stanshall more than once - he was indirectly my boss as I worked at the Thekla in Bristol harbour in the late 80s. Nice bloke, but always seemed highly distracted, and not quite altogether there. He occasionally had David Rappaport with him, who wore large sunglasses and a hat so no-one would recognise him.

There's weirdness connected with Stanshall's death, too. Stanshall died as the result of a fire at his flat on March 5th, 1995. Now, his most famous, entirely fictional comic creation was Sir Henry Rawlinson, hero of Sir Henry at Rawlinson's End (my avatar passim.) However, it transpired there was a real Sir Henry Rawlinson, noted orientalist, linguist and decorated soldier, who died on March 5th 1895, exactly 100 years to the day before Stanshall. The FT covered it around mid 95.

Anyway, back OT - nah, up close there's no way Viv could have passed for Paul. From a distance, hard to say.

Szooky said:
Hello there.
I very rarely post here, but I had never heard the Paul is dead theory before and couldn't resist it :)
If you look at Pauls teeth at this link you can see they are pretty distinctive. If you look at the canine on his right side you see it sits quite high up.

http://digilander.libero.it/jamespaul/i ... artney.jpg

Now if you look at Fauls teeth here:

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/20 ... 003337.jpg

He has the exact same thing. He has had some work done to his cental teeth, but its the same guy.

S

As I posted previously in this thread, McCartney lost a tooth in a scooter accident back in 1965, necessitating dental work which, perhaps, has had to be maintained since.

stuneville said:
Peripart said:
..That said, Stanshall's own death in 1995 would probably blow that theory out of the water - or possibly, he's decided to be Paul full-time, and so has faked his own death. Either way, VS did resemble PM, at least superficially.
I met Stanshall more than once - he was indirectly my boss as I worked at the Thekla in Bristol harbour in the late 80s. Nice bloke, but always seemed highly distracted, and not quite altogether there. He occasionally had David Rappaport with him, who wore large sunglasses and a hat so no-one would recognise him.

There's weirdness connected with Stanshall's death, too. Stanshall died as the result of a fire at his flat on March 5th, 1995. Now, his most famous, entirely fictional comic creation was Sir Henry Rawlinson, hero of Sir Henry at Rawlinson's End (my avatar passim.) However, it transpired there was a real Sir Henry Rawlinson, noted orientalist, linguist and decorated soldier, who died on March 5th 1895, exactly 100 years to the day before Stanshall. The FT covered it around mid 95.

Anyway, back OT - nah, up close there's no way Viv could have passed for Paul. From a distance, hard to say.

Viv Stanshall! I have a connection there, too... back in the 70s, he lived in a houseboat on the Thames in Windsor. One of my friends from school had guitar lessons from him.

river_styx said:
The same thing happened with Elvis. The King now lives in a retirement home fighting zombies with a black JFK!

Such a wicked film..... Bruce Campbell Rocks!!

Are you talking about 'Bubba Ho-Tep'?
I quite enjoyed that film too.

Mythopoeika said:
Ah - that was great fun, wasn't it? I thought that it was due to be followed by "Bubba Nosferatu" but, as far as I'm aware, that never happened.

Hello

Can I use my first ever post to fail to add anything useful to the thread, apart from to thank Mythopoeika for the Viv Stanshall death-date oddity and, as he was a hero of mine, to repeat a couple of choice Stanshallisms:

“Why can't I be different and unusual... like everyone else?”

and

“If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.”

Cheers

maxley

maxley said:
Hello

Can I use my first ever post to fail to add anything useful to the thread, apart from to thank Mythopoeika for the Viv Stanshall death-date oddity...

I think you might want to thank Stuneville for that.

Peripart said:
Mythopoeika said:
Ah - that was great fun, wasn't it? I thought that it was due to be followed by "Bubba Nosferatu" but, as far as I'm aware, that never happened.

The director/producers of Bubba Ho-Tep are presently attempting to secure financing for the sequel, with Ron Perlman as the lead (replacing Bruce Campbell, who refused to sign-on).

Hellboy as El-Boy? Don't really see it, but then, I didn't see Campbell as Elvis either, and he did a great job.

Please consider, if you will, a curiosity. A Batman & Robin tale, with a twist, from the twilight zone, of 'Batman' #222 (1970).

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/james_paul_mccartney/paul_is _dead_batman.html

icon_Bat.gif

Back