• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pennies From Heaven (Coins Falling Before You)

Richard Dale

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Pennies from Heaven
10/11/2015 outside the entrance of B & M shop Reading UK
Near the entrance to the left as I was approaching suddenly two 2 pence coins appeared out of nowhere several inches from ground level and rolled on the ground, it was witnessed by a young woman standing very close by, I said “pennies from heaven”, but she just shrugged and looked slightly bemused.
Those coins were not present a second before, there is nowhere that they could have come from.
Actually having said that it was strange that the young woman should have been standing there inches from the event at that precise moment. It seemed as if she was hanging around for no particular reason, she was just standing there with no reason to do so.
One coin was shiny, the other dull. I picked them both up, I have put them in my wallet for possible talisman/luck use.
Any ideas? An apport?
According to parapsychologists and spiritualists, an apport is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or spiritualistic séances.

A similar event happened nearby in another store.

Chocolate coins
This happened about three years ago at Christmas.
I had a Tesco free voucher for a particular pack of chocolate coins, a specific make, type and weight. I looked on the shelf but could not find the exact product, I searched thoroughly several times but still could not find the correct packet of coins. By this time I was quite obsessed with finding the coins so “wished” very hard to find the coins, but to no avail.
At the checkout, as I was unloading the trolley, a packet of chocolate coins suddenly appeared on the checkout belt, I was looking down at the trolley at the exact moment so did not see it appear but it was as if the packet was suddenly thrown down onto the conveyor belt. It made quite a noise as if some force was used. The guy ahead of me in the queue actually asked me if it was mine. Now this packet which almost, but not quite matched the description on the discount voucher, was not there the previous second, I absolutely swear that it had suddenly appeared in reality.
Whether this event is related to the other I do not know, but a few weeks later on another occasion I was shopping at the same supermarket. The exit passage is next to the outer glass wall of the building so that people inside are clearly visible to the many passers-by en route to the centre of town. After I had checked out and was walking down the exit passage, one of a group of youths walking by some 10-15 yards distance away from the building threw a packet of sweets which hit the wall of the building right next to me. I looked at the group of youths who just laughed at me and walked on.
Now whether they were responsible in some way for throwing (into existence) the previous packet of chocolate coins I don’t know. Perhaps they were a group of intergalactic aliens or beings from another time playing practical jokes on people. Perhaps by “wishing” very sincerely you can make events happen or communicate with beings who expedite them.

NB I did not go back to retrieve the packet of sweets they threw at me, guess I should have.

NB the objects that suddenly appeared were perfectly "normal" in appearance and not unusual in any way. Actually it was interesting that both events were witnessed by somebody else.

Last edited:
Pennies from Heaven
10/11/2015 outside the entrance of B & M shop Reading UK
Near the entrance to the left as I was approaching suddenly two 2 pence coins appeared out of nowhere several inches from ground level and rolled on the ground, it was witnessed by a young woman standing very close by, I said “pennies from heaven”, but she just shrugged and looked slightly bemused.
Those coins were not present a minute before, there is nowhere that they could have come from.
Actually having said that it was strange that the young woman should have been standing there inches from the event at that precise moment. It seemed as if she was hanging around for no particular reason, she was just standing there with no reason to do so.
One coin was shiny, the other dull. I picked them both up, I have put them in my wallet for possible talisman/luck use.
Any ideas? An apport?
According to parapsychologists and spiritualists, an apport is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or spiritualistic séances.

A similar event happened nearby in another store.

Chocolate coins
This happened the about three years ago at Christmas.
I had a Tesco free voucher for a particular pack of chocolate coins, a specific make, type and weight. I looked on the shelf but could not find the exact product, I searched thoroughly several times but still could not find the correct packet of coins. By this time I was quite obsessed with finding the coins so “wished” very hard to find the coins, but to no avail.
At the checkout, as I was unloading the trolley, a packet of chocolate coins suddenly appeared on the checkout belt, I was looking down at the trolley at the exact moment so did not see it appear but it was as if the packet was suddenly thrown down onto the conveyor belt. It made quite a noise as if some force was used. The guy ahead of me in the queue actually asked me if it was mine. Now this packet which almost, but not quite matched the description on the discount voucher, was not there the previous second, I absolutely swear that it had suddenly appeared in reality.
Whether this event is related to the other I do not know, but a few weeks later on another occasion I was shopping at the same supermarket. The exit passage is next to the outer glass wall of the building so that people inside are clearly visible to the many passers-by en route to the centre of town. After I had checked out and was walking down the exit passage, one of a group of youths walking by some 10-15 yards distance away from the building threw a packet of sweets which hit the wall of the building right next to me. I looked at the group of youths who just laughed at me and walked on.
Now whether they were responsible in some way for throwing (into existence) the previous packet of chocolate coins I don’t know. Perhaps they were a group of intergalactic aliens or beings from another time playing practical jokes on people. Perhaps by “wishing” very sincerely you can make events happen or communicate with beings who expedite them.

NB I did not go back to retrieve the packet of sweets they threw at me, guess I should have.

NB the objects that suddenly appeared were perfectly "normal" in appearance and not unusual in any way. Actually it was interesting that both events were witnessed by somebody else.
My pennies found have more mundane explanations but I've enjoyed reading about your Fortean finds .. :) .. I even found one of those crap new springy five pound notes on the road the other day, obviously I was happy but it wasn't the same fun as finding my coins .. they take effort to spot ..

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/see-a-penny-pick-it-up.60360/

By this time I was quite obsessed with finding the coins so “wished” very hard to find the coins, but to no avail.
At the checkout, as I was unloading the trolley, a packet of chocolate coins suddenly appeared on the checkout belt, . . .
Umm, could you please "wish very hard" that I, Ibis, had enough money to retire comfortably in the city of my dreams? You'll be welcome to visit any time . . .

The paranormal hosts never seem to respond to requests for loadsamoney, this is a cliche I know, i suppose we could all do it and get loadsamoney each, I don't want to indulge in economic or political arguments on this forum. Any ideas you guys, these were coins as objects not necessarily appearing because of their monetary value, any folklore about coins being apports. Could this be a bizarre magic trick like someone or a group of people who has hypnotised people so that they can't see him, her or them, yes it has been done, goes around doing silly things.

There are quite a few articles on the internet about coins often being "apports". What sticks in my mind is the expression on the young woman's face who was standing right next to the "event". I'm trying to think of an adjective to describe it, that of "knowing" and saying it's not unusual.

Coins: I'd always thought that they were universal and could be swapped in and out with a reasonable chance of success :oops:

otherwise, they are something most of us feel moved to look at!

A close friend of mine has lost her dad not long ago. She was clearing out his flat and she heard something land. On investigation she found it was an old French centine (not sure of spelling). It landed on the pieces of a disassembled wardrobe (which I had seen a couple of days before). I know what you'll be thinking that it had been stuck in the wardrobe and just come loose. But the wardrobe was only months old, way after those coins were in circulation, and he had been ill for a while so certainly hadn't left the country.

But the most important thing is that she took it as a sign of him saying hi.

Two days ago I was sitting downstairs on the sofa. I have had the most horrible flu bug. I was watching tv and to the side is a small table. Well one of our dogs just went to the table and started sniffing the air. All of a sudden a brand new penny dropped onto the table. Right in front of us.
I have had things like keys appear on the stairs from time to time. Not there when I went up but there when coming down again.
My first penny apport

Two days ago I was sitting downstairs on the sofa. I have had the most horrible flu bug. I was watching tv and to the side is a small table. Well one of our dogs just went to the table and started sniffing the air. All of a sudden a brand new penny dropped onto the table. Right in front of us.
I have had things like keys appear on the stairs from time to time. Not there when I went up but there when coming down again.
My first penny apport

Interesting the dog knew it was coming.

My first penny apport
Does this happen in the same room as the lightning?

This did happen in the same room

I was once standing on the top floor of a "roofless" multi-story carpark in Plymouth about 01:00 in 1997. I was with a friend talking and watching the stars. Suddenly, a coin was seemingly slung across the surface of the tarmac as if someone was "skimming" a stone on the sea. it bounced a few times with a ringing metallic "ching" and then disappeared. There was nobody, apparently, about. Just me and my friend.

Slight disclaimer. My friend and I had taken acid about 90 minutes prior to this event. We were both "professionals" at using the substance. If you've used it too, you'll appreciate that there is a significant difference in perception between "real" events and hallucinations. Just as if you had not ingested the substance.

I was once standing on the top floor of a "roofless" multi-story carpark in Plymouth about 01:00 in 1997. I was with a friend talking and watching the stars. Suddenly, a coin was seemingly slung across the surface of the tarmac as if someone was "skimming" a stone on the sea. it bounced a few times with a ringing metallic "ching" and then disappeared. There was nobody, apparently, about. Just me and my friend.

Slight disclaimer. My friend and I had taken acid about 90 minutes prior to this event. We were both "professionals" at using the substance. If you've used it too, you'll appreciate that there is a significant difference in perception between "real" events and hallucinations. Just as if you had not ingested the substance.
Going off topic for a second but nearly ten years ago I was cycling towards a job interview when a dog turd splatted on my shoulder .. I never found out who threw it but I suspect it was someone who'd found one in their back garden and just wanted rid of it .. there was/is a huge line of trees at 'ground zero' although I did stop to look and see who I was about to punch .. there was absolutely nobody there. I had time to go home, shower and change my clothes .. I still didn't get the job though .. a dog turd from heaven .. the Mrs thought it was hilarious ..

.. anyway, back to pennies from heaven ..

... who picks up a dog turd and throws it high in the sky ?

A question pondered, and left unanswered, by the greatest thinkers that human civilisation as ever produced...

b171f10592b26f60300432634f138b31.jpg

Any explanations?
Rich
The most prosaic answer - not reported in local papers, incidentally -is that the incumbent minister at St Elisabeths was eventually retired on medical advice following a crisis of some sort, thought to be a psychological breakdown. The inference was that worried by the finances, he made the whole thing up to get publicity and solicit donations from people moved by the miracle - St E's is a big old church needing lots of maintainance and repair, it had a dwindling congregation, and the books were in a dire state. Apparently. But that does sound a litle too well explained.

Having drawn the curtains in my bedroom, one day last week, my hand dislodged a coin from the table by the window.
I was delighted to see it was a Pound coin! :glee:

This was a bit unusual, since the coins piled on that table were all low-denomination ones, collected at a time when every penny was being counted! A Pound on that table would have been noticed! :huh:

I was having a tidy up today and found a sealed bag of old coins stored under my bed. I put them down on the bed to investigate later. A little while later I was over the other side of the room, picked somethings up from on top of my ottoman and there was sitting a 1950 two shilling coin. There was no dent in the top of the ottoman like the other items had left. It was very odd.
IMG_6160.JPG

I was having a tidy up today and found a sealed bag of old coins stored under my bed. I put them down on the bed to investigate later. A little while later I was over the other side of the room, picked somethings up from on top of my ottoman and there was sitting a 1950 two shilling coin. There was no dent in the top of the ottoman like the other items had left. It was very odd. View attachment 4130
Your mystery is good, and your practically mint old coin pic is wonderful. Hope you solve the mystery.

Not quite Pennies from Heaven, but close.

I got my Weekender bag off the top of the wardrobe at the weekend for a short trip, whilst packing I found 7 $ US dollar bills folded into one of the pockets. These are greasy old bills, folded as if they have been in a back jeans pocket for some time. Last used this bag before Christmas to far flung places, none of which used $ $s.

I thanked the money fairies, secretly hoping that next time it will be more useful currency,

annic

Back