• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

pentagon attack-plane or truck?

A

Anonymous

....i'm sorry if there is already a post on this subject, i couldn't skim all 23 conspiracy pages to check.....

.......does anyone else remember initial reports that a truck bomb had gone off at the pentagon on 9/11?

i even remember colin powell talking on the radio about it....
then someone said it was a missle fired from a truck (more likely)

then a couple of hours later, it was a plane....

...and every time people speak in rememberance of the victims onboard any of the suicide planes, i have never heard families of those onboard the pentagon plane in any broadcast, just the wtc and the 'crashed' plane (cough-shot down-sniff)

........many conspiracy buffs have pointed to the obvious lack of debris at the pentagon crash site, but i have considered a larger 'hole' in the story. there's no video footage.
it's washington d.c....near the pentagon.....high security areas. yet there is not even parking lot camera footage of anything happening?
my father in law worked in a building across the grounds from the pentagon. we visited him (both before and after 9/11) and he gave us the tour of the area. there were cameras everywhere. streetlights, parking lot lamps, the corners of every building.....
not to mention the tourism in washington is almost that of NYC...no tourists filming the pentagon or nearby that morning?
hardly.....but i'm sure those tapes will never see the light of day.

This has been discussed elsewhere here, especially in the wake of the French book questioning the attack. There was also, IIRC, a website which refuted the various theories about the Pentagon attack WRT debris, etc..

I remember hearing rumours on the radio at the time that a truck bomb was responsible for the attack on the Pentagon building, but I honestly cannot remember any details.

I also seem to recall seeing some images of what was supposed to be a missile heading towards the Pentagon, but I cannot find the site that they were on.

If you've got time, I'd suggest trawling through the sites offered up when searching for 'bumble planes'. I would, but I don't have the time.

Hey travbot, interesting points you raise. However,

travbot said:
....i'm sorry if there is already a post on this subject, i couldn't skim all 23 conspiracy pages to check.....

You don't actually need to skim through 23 pages. Going to the search function, typing in 'pentagon' as the keyword and switching the paramater to 'search titles only' will yield six threads, one of which is http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2483

It's not been active for a while, but that's the "It wasn't a plane" thread. Cheers.

:)

Yeah, I remember the truck bomb reports, and it's always strck me as odd that news of that plane is never included in the twin towers plane info (well, rarely).

there is footage from a cctv, prob. on the thread quoted some posts above. you can see something (plane/missile) entering the walls of the pentagon.

travbot said:
does anyone else remember initial reports that a truck bomb had gone off at the pentagon on 9/11?
I remember a report of a car-bomb at the State Dept. (Which later went away.) It was a very confusing day. Is it possible that it is this that you're remembering?

Here's the truth!!

a Boeing 757 , flight 77 hit the Pentagon. case closed!!

Nope,
definately no confusion in my mind either,
I remember the BBC reporting a bomb in a lorry outside the Pentagon.
Doesnt of course mean they got their facts right,but is always struck me as odd that they could have confused the event in this way.
And the comparative lack of clear footage strikes me as strange,:confused:

Shellac said:
Nope,
definately no confusion in my mind either,
I remember the BBC reporting a bomb in a lorry outside the Pentagon.
Doesnt of course mean they got their facts right,but is always struck me as odd that they could have confused the event in this way.
And the comparative lack of clear footage strikes me as strange,:confused:
My guess is that in the confusion, "huge explosion" at the Pentagon was turned by the rumour-mill into a truck-bomb. (Via a more generic bomb.) The news media were so desperate to get information in and out, that we were seeing the inner workings of a typical 24 hour news desk.

But is there an answer to the above question...

...and every time people speak in rememberance of the victims onboard any of the suicide planes, i have never heard families of those onboard the pentagon plane in any broadcast, just the wtc and the 'crashed' plane

THEY HAD

a special on here not long ago on the Pentagon crash they even interview a cheif petty office who was there at the time of the crash and his son was on the jet!! :eek!!!!: (no I just read the below article in link he was playing golf) 10. Bernard Brown Jr., 11, of Washington, D.C., student at Leckie Elementary School in Washington.

He was embarking on an educational trip to the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary near Santa Barbara, California, as part of a program funded by the National Geographic Society.

His father, Bernard Sr., is a Navy chief petty officer who's works at the Pentagon and who's office is in the wing where the crash happened. Bernard took a rare day off to play golf on 9/11. Had he not — he would have been in his office at the Pentagon when the plane slammed in at 9:43.

Back