• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

MIA Scientist & LSD Lab in Minnesota Basement (Spoofed / Fake News)

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
I've searching for a thread like that, but take a chance and make my own.

This story sounds almost too good to be true. I will follow it and see if other sources come with more news.

Scientist Missing for over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret LSD Drug Lab Hidden in Basement.
May 17th, 2015 | by Dr. Chauncey Siemens

A Couple from Cottage Grove, Minnesota discovers a man living inside a secret laboratory inside their basement. On Tuesday, officers with the Warrington County Sheriffs Office went to the Morgan family’s home after receiving a call of a possible break in. When the officers pulled up they saw the Morgan Family standing by the road.

“They ran up to use and said they heard a man shouting inside their basement and that’s when they called it in to 911” Said Captain Bruce Normans with the Warrington County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers say they could hear the man yelling in the basement the moment they entered the Morgan’s home. But when they moved cautiously into the basement they saw nothing but could hear banging sounds coming from behind the northern wall of the Morgan family’s basement, specifically echoing from behind a large storage cabinet.

More text at link.

http://www.iflscience.org/missing-scientist-found-hiding-in-secret-lsd-drug-lab/
Link is dead. The full text can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2015052...cientist-found-hiding-in-secret-lsd-drug-lab/

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this story was a bit unbelievable & lo & behold, if you read the comments, the photo is of a man named Gary Raub who was arrested in 2012 for the murder of a woman 36 years earlier.

iflscience.org is a spoof site apparently.

See here for the story.

I thought this story was a bit unbelievable & lo & behold, if you read the comments, the photo is of a man named Gary Raub who was arrested in 2012 for the murder of a woman 36 years earlier.

iflscience.org is a spoof site apparently.

See here for the story.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
The case is interesting in it's own right - it was still unsolved after 36 years & the police still had blood samples not of the woman victim which they DNA analysed & found it was from a man.

Gary Raub was a suspect at the time as he was one of her lodgers but seems they couldn't prove anything. Having got the DNA profile the police tricked him into a 'chewing gum survey'....

Good work by the police.

The case is interesting in it's own right - it was still unsolved after 36 years & the police still had blood samples not of the woman victim which they DNA analysed & found it was from a man.

Gary Raub was a suspect at the time as he was one of her lodgers but seems they couldn't prove anything. Having got the DNA profile the police tricked him into a 'chewing gum survey'....

Good work by the police.

It's a three year old story, so I won't post it here in case it has been posted in another thread.

Back