• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

My daughter works in a supermarket. She was telling me about a man who comes in that she hates to serve. She says that he has a very negative vibe about him and all the staff, male and female feel the same.
In fact the other day after she had served him the people behind said to her that he had a really negative type of vibe.

My daughter works in a supermarket. She was telling me about a man who comes in that she hates to serve. She says that he has a very negative vibe about him and all the staff, male and female feel the same.
In fact the other day after she had served him the people behind said to her that he had a really negative type of vibe.
That must be one heck of a vibe if other staff and customers are feeling it too :eek:

There is a guy at work who I just cannot be doing with! I get a seriously bad feeling about him due to comments he's made and things he's done but everyone else seems to brush it off by saying he's "a bit odd". I can't work out if I'm the one in the wrong or if they are all less sensitive :(
He's getting married very soon, so maybe it is me.......

We used to have an old fella come into a supermarket I worked at just to lick the cheese .. that was it .. he never ate it, he just liked to open the cellophane and lick it. I dread to think how much of his interfered with cheese we sold to the public before he was caught, a couple of my mates used to watch him and laugh about it apparently .. *shudder* ..

:eek:We used to have an old fella come into a supermarket I worked at just to lick the cheese .. that was it .. he never ate it, he just liked to open the cellophane and lick it. I dread to think how much of his interfered with cheese we sold to the public before he was caught, a couple of my mates used to watch him and laugh about it apparently .. *shudder* ..
Ewww---we love cheeses:eek:

These misunderstandings or mundanities are not quite as Fortean as the original poster, with that into.
It occurs I should probably supply some detail about the times my sense kicked in and preserved me from disaster.

The most dramatic event is a romantic encounter with a stranger. I had gone to a bar after work for happy hour, some friends came along. My friends headed home, I stayed a bit longer, then he showed up. Handsome man, fit, great smile, seemed fun. We had some more drinks and it became obvious he was "into" me. Though I love to have a good time, I'm less than a playboy and no one is ever into me right away. I rarely have people over, ever rarer to go to someone else's. I'm not feeling so much into him, something is "off." Leon was persistent though and after I was able to get more familiar with his attributes I acquiesce.

He insisted I invite him home. Usually my apartment is messy, or sheets not fresh, (I'm a little slobbish) not this night. Usually I don't do this but always want to. This seems almost too good to be true. Seemed like I should.

Back at my home we get busy, I'm shy but he's persistent and charming. He's really into me. Like if I could Bold really, really. I'm into him too but just in a fun and one kind of way. So all proceeds to conclusion as it does. He wants to see me again.

Now I'm probably less under the influence, I'm definitely feeling something else as well. This guy is looking for way more than I would ever want with him. I'm a confirmed bachelor and I took that seriously. There's more to it though, now in my sober state, there was a quality of "'wrong." I need him out now.

He will at first not leave, wants to spend the night. NO, doesn't work. I don't know you, etc. promises on his part, he "loves" me, "we should be together." It's going from "I need to sleep" to "I need you to leave." I'm feeling more uncomfortable by the moment. Eventually I convince him to go, using the argument if he really loved me he would respect my wishes.

He's gone from hot to creep in a couple hours. I'm left catching my breath, semi panicking and feeling I just dogged a bullet. Gave him a fake number, avoided that bar for awhile. You need my phone number to buzz me at my security building so I feel I'm fine.

Some few months later I come across a photo in the paper, the man looks a lot like me. Header explains "Homicide, Suicide, police involved." Apparently a guy named Napoleon 'Leon' had been served with a Restraining Order by his former boyfriend. They had been together for two months. Napoleon had become obsessed and his lover filed an order of protection. His former boyfriend saw Napoleon coming to his house, had called the police to report. When the police arrived, they tried to shoot Napoleon, while he was using his boyfriend as a human shield. They ended up killing the boyfriend, (the guy who looked like me), and Napoleon put a bullet in his own head.

It's true it took some hours before I saw something wrong, (alcohol,) but I could easily have continued to enjoyed this man's attention and adoration, would have been so different than what I'd been used to, he was just it a little off. He felt wrong. I'm still here. Never found out the victim's name. Heart racing writing it.

Trust your gut, you could literally dodge a bullet.

We used to have an old fella come into a supermarket I worked at just to lick the cheese .. that was it .. he never ate it, he just liked to open the cellophane and lick it. I dread to think how much of his interfered with cheese we sold to the public before he was caught, a couple of my mates used to watch him and laugh about it apparently .. *shudder* ..

This is the sort of thing that makes me glad to buy well-packaged food.
OK, it's tough on the environment but at least it's probably not been licked. Or worse.

T
The americans. They win every war. Don't you watch movies?
Just wanted to jump in here to remind you that yes, in fact the americans DID win that war and saved europe and possibly the world. from the Nazis. So any bullshit about it being a big technicolor movie is just that. The british empire was lost because it was founded on colonial suppression of indigenous peoples, and you just cant keep up that type of thing forever.

T
Just wanted to jump in here to remind you that yes, in fact the americans DID win that war and saved europe and possibly the world. from the Nazis. So any bullshit about it being a big technicolor movie is just that. The british empire was lost because it was founded on colonial suppression of indigenous peoples, and you just cant keep up that type of thing forever.
Nah. Two third of the German armed forces were tied up by Russia, so mostly them arguably.

Nah. Two third of the German armed forces were tied up by Russia, so mostly them arguably.
My history teacher said it was mostly the Russians.
Maybe the Russians are peeved that Britain and the US took all the credit for thrashing the Nazis.

Once when I was walking to my mum and dads house this car stopped right beside me but I didn't think nothing of it as the chances of him wanting to speak to me were very slim. However I felt the urge to look into the window of the car and to my horror was this man pointing at me screaming , shouting and swearing at me. I have no idea why but I was a bit terrified as he had pure evil in his eyes. As I walked off he sped off still shouting , screaming and pointing at me.

Once when I was walking to my mum and dads house this car stopped right beside me but I didn't think nothing of it as the chances of him wanting to speak to me were very slim. However I felt the urge to look into the window of the car and to my horror was this man pointing at me screaming , shouting and swearing at me. I have no idea why but I was a bit terrified as he had pure evil in his eyes. As I walked off he sped off still shouting , screaming and pointing at me.
Did you wander across the road in front of his car and not realise it?
Whatever the reasons, it's certainly scary.

My history teacher said it was mostly the Russians.
Maybe the Russians are peeved that Britain and the US took all the credit for thrashing the Nazis.

Not sure what this has to do with my OP, but the war was won by the combination of the 3 allies. During the war at some point each one of them relied on the other.

nah that would have been my wife. She's terrible when she gets behind the wheel of a car.

Umm...actually the British Empire was 'lost' because it was costing us a fortune and we couldn't afford to keep it up any longer after the war. Plus people wanted independence.

Plus the Americans turned up late - again - and helped tidy up. For which we paid (to a degree). And then they reneged on the deal to share atom bomb secrets with us in exchange for out help...

And only agreed to help us providing we withdrew from empire after the war.

Mind you, its unfair to blame people across the board for their leader's actions - I refuse to accept responsibility for Blair. And there is someone - the Blair - who I loathed from the first time I saw him give a speech, which would have been well before he was 'found out'. Its the way he smiles, I think. And I mean loathe, not dislike because I disagree with him.

I had an experience a few months ago.

I was on an internet dating site (What? A man gets mighty lonely in the northern wastelands of, er, Leeds…).

Anyhoo, I got an initial message from someone, and on clicking on their profile and seeing her profile and pic my immediate thought was “She doesn’t smell right”.
And by “…smell…” I don’t mean euphemistically, I mean I involuntarily wrinkled my nose as if exposed to a foul stench.
My next thought was, rather more rationally; “Well, that was a downright odd reaction”.
Now, to clarify, the picture was just of said woman in slight profile.
That’s it.
Nothing else in the picture, other than her.
She didn’t look dirty, or scruffy or such that might lead to that initial reaction.

Anyway, after shaking off that impression, I thought it’d be impolite to not correspond.
So we started emailing back and forth, whilst I always kept in the back of my mind, that first feeling.

As time went on it became clear that there was definitely another reason for her being on such websites other than looking for romance (constant mentions of how she was a poor mature student who didn’t have any family to rely upon etc…).
So, I took to some web-sleuthing (a note here to say, people really should learn how easy it is to be tracked on
social media using basic info and Google Image search…).

It didn’t take me long to establish that the woman was, in fact, in a perfectly happy relationship with another woman, and that both of them were on websites with suspiciously similar profiles, as well as them having a joint profile on one of those unpleasant “sugar daddy” websites, looking for a man to pay their debts for them in return for... well, I’ll leave that to your imaginations.

Suffice to say I broke contact, but I have learned that, in that case anyway, I can “smell” someone who’s wrong through my laptop.

Who knew…?

It didn’t take me long to establish that the woman was, in fact, in a perfectly happy relationship with another woman, and that both of them were on websites with suspiciously similar profiles, as well as them having a joint profile on one of those unpleasant “sugar daddy” websites, looking for a man to pay their debts for them in return for... well, I’ll leave that to your imaginations.
There is rather a lot of this going on at the moment.
Old boy next door (in his 70s) seems to be playing around with some rather young-looking ladies, no doubt in exchange for something. It can't be his looks or his personality, that's a fact.

Old boy next door (in his 70s) seems to be playing around with some rather young-looking ladies, no doubt in exchange for something. It can't be his looks or his personality, that's a fact.

Yeah, in my sleuthing I had to join said website (it was all in the interests of research, honest!), and it was all rather cynical, distasteful and left me feeling rather unclean. Suffice to say I deleted my account as soon as I'd confirmed my suspicions.

I had an experience a few months ago.

I was on an internet dating site (What? A man gets mighty lonely in the northern wastelands of, er, Leeds…).

Anyhoo, I got an initial message from someone, and on clicking on their profile and seeing her profile and pic my immediate thought was “She doesn’t smell right”.
And by “…smell…” I don’t mean euphemistically, I mean I involuntarily wrinkled my nose as if exposed to a foul stench.
My next thought was, rather more rationally; “Well, that was a downright odd reaction”.
Now, to clarify, the picture was just of said woman in slight profile.
That’s it.
Nothing else in the picture, other than her.
She didn’t look dirty, or scruffy or such that might lead to that initial reaction.

Anyway, after shaking off that impression, I thought it’d be impolite to not correspond.
So we started emailing back and forth, whilst I always kept in the back of my mind, that first feeling.

As time went on it became clear that there was definitely another reason for her being on such websites other than looking for romance (constant mentions of how she was a poor mature student who didn’t have any family to rely upon etc…).
So, I took to some web-sleuthing (a note here to say, people really should learn how easy it is to be tracked on
social media using basic info and Google Image search…).

Suffice to say I broke contact, but I have learned that, in that case anyway, I can “smell” someone who’s wrong through my laptop.

Who knew…?

Have you tried: http://www.meetup.com/ ?

Not a dating site, rather groups where people with similar interests meet up. Relationships do develop at times though.

"Ah, you like jigsaws. I like jigsaws too. Send me your knickers and we can see if our pieces fit."

Is there is a meetings-type website on earth uninfested by perverts? Just tell me and I'll infest them. :p

People actually meet up and get to know each other in a social setting. Anyone sending unwanted messages of that type would be swiftly banned from Meet Up.

Was down the pub last night watching the Euro final. Two groups of teens / early 20's lads came in, presumably groups on walking or mountaineering holidays. Common enough where we are.

But, both were led by older men who gave that immediate (apologies for political incorrectness but I am an Essex boy) 'kiddie fiddler' vibe. Both leaders were shabbily dressed with short but slightly odd hair, one in the 40's and one in the 50's. Both leaders had that air of secretive seediness and didn't meet your eye. And both groups were unusually quiet and had an air of slightly scared deference towards their leaders. Ugh.

Fortunately one group only had a single drink and left , and the other group disappeared for an hour (putting up tents? ) then also only had a single drink. Very odd people all round. I'm not a sufficiently good observer to record all the things that made up the oddness.

To be fair, if you're old and lonely money for sex and a bit of companionship is probably a reasonable trade-off. Assuming by 'rather young-looking' we are talking 20's to 40's.

On an entirely unrelated track (hem hem) , I have tried to use the dating websites and had some unfortunate experiences, but that seems to be because most of the people on these websites appear to have already been damaged by previous life experiences.

, I have tried to use the dating websites and had some unfortunate experiences, but that seems to be because most of the people on these websites appear to have already been damaged by previous life experiences.

Techy and I met online, though not on a dating site. Just chatting. Dangerous! :eek:

My brother did the same thing. We both eventually married our internet finds.

Back