• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

On an entirely unrelated track (hem hem) , I have tried to use the dating websites and had some unfortunate experiences, but that seems to be because most of the people on these websites appear to have already been damaged by previous life experiences.

Yes, this is absolutely my own experience too (and not just in the UK). There's a lot of damaged souls out there, and they congregate around dating sites. In fact I've even come to conclude that there is a species of bitter woman who specifically joins such sites with a preplanned intention of revenging on men by generally messing them around.

Just think about it: just why would a woman join a dating site? Men and women's motives are somewhat different here I'd say. Men are still expected to do the running when it comes to selecting a mate - and hence they get involved in dating sites when the pool of available women has dried up - or perhaps because they are too shy(or burned) to make approaches in public arenas. But as for women - the same motives can hardly be paramount. All but the most revolting of women can fail to get approached by men (in the `real` off-line world) if she puts herself out there. so 'd suggest that the ones who go on dating sites are doing so in order that they can more easily screen out the applicants (as it were) - and possibly because they have a very exacting ideal as to exactly what type of man their partner should be.Or..for reasons suggested above.

If you are looking for a partner, then I've concluded that the best (and possibly only) way to do this is to pursue your own `leisure interests` with abandon...and maybe, just maybe,you'll come across a woman who shares the same interest (who also will be seeing you at your best) and something will spark off that way.

I was down at the convenience store the other day (always a promising start to a story, eh? ;) ) and there was a man there who gave me the cold chills.

He was probably in his mid to late 20's and was dressed in a way that made me think of early Johnny Cash. Not all in black, though. A bright-colored (scarlet?) western shirt with satin piping and pearl buttons - that kind of thing. He had black hair done in early Johnny Cash style, too. He drove a 50's era truck that was painted in pale aquamarine with shiny chrome details. Kind of hard to miss.

It all seemed like an elaborate costume. I wondered if he was some kind of performer or this was some new hipster thing. Then I got a look at his eyes and they were just empty. Like Charles Starkweather eyes. The whole area around him just seemed cold.

I was glad when he put on a pair of mirrored (of course) sunglasses and drove away. Seriously bad juju from this guy. Oh, also he was wearing a bolo tie. My rule of thumb - never trust anyone in mirrored shades or a bolo tie.

In fact I've even come to conclude that there is a species of bitter woman who specifically joins such sites with a preplanned intention of revenging on men by generally messing them around.

I have experienced one of those, although I haven't had enough dates to say whether it was a pattern. I've given up on dating sites, anyway.

I've given up on dating sites, anyway.

I'll just mention in passing that this very message board is a seething bed of lust. Yes, it's true. There are people on here who seek out kindred souls, meet up and shag the shite out of'em. Seems to satisfy all parties.

There're also a few couples who've met on here and gone on to stay together and even marry. I went to one such lovely wedding a few years ago. :)

I'll just mention in passing that this very message board is a seething bed of lust. Yes, it's true. There are people on here who seek out kindred souls, meet up and shag the shite out of'em. Seems to satisfy all parties.

There're also a few couples who've met on here and gone on to stay together and even marry. I went to one such lovely wedding a few years ago. :)
Oh now I know why @Swifty 'likes' my posts. :evil:

Tch, you think you know someone....

There's a lanky chap in Norwich who I sometimes see striding through the city holding an iPad out in front of him.

He has a very aggressive air about him. I'm not the only one who thinks so. Apparently he chased a friend of a friend down the street ranting and raving at him.

There's also a chap who walks very quickly while holding a radio to his ear. He seems peaceful enough, though.

It's a long time since I've encountered a seething bed of lust. Obviously I no longer recognise one when I see it :cry:

To be fair, if you're old and lonely money for sex and a bit of companionship is probably a reasonable trade-off. Assuming by 'rather young-looking' we are talking 20's to 40's.
Yeah, it's his money. Since his wife died, he seems to have reverted to being a young jack-the-lad.
Mostly, they're 20-somethings. 'Students'.

Yes, this is absolutely my own experience too (and not just in the UK). There's a lot of damaged souls out there, and they congregate around dating sites. In fact I've even come to conclude that there is a species of bitter woman who specifically joins such sites with a preplanned intention of revenging on men by generally messing them around.

Just think about it: just why would a woman join a dating site? Men and women's motives are somewhat different here I'd say. Men are still expected to do the running when it comes to selecting a mate - and hence they get involved in dating sites when the pool of available women has dried up - or perhaps because they are too shy(or burned) to make approaches in public arenas. But as for women - the same motives can hardly be paramount. All but the most revolting of women can fail to get approached by men (in the `real` off-line world) if she puts herself out there. so 'd suggest that the ones who go on dating sites are doing so in order that they can more easily screen out the applicants (as it were) - and possibly because they have a very exacting ideal as to exactly what type of man their partner should be.Or..for reasons suggested above.

If you are looking for a partner, then I've concluded that the best (and possibly only) way to do this is to pursue your own `leisure interests` with abandon...and maybe, just maybe,you'll come across a woman who shares the same interest (who also will be seeing you at your best) and something will spark off that way.
I think that's spot-on, and good advice.

This has all made me a bit jealous! I have been knocking about quite prolifically on the internet for over twenty years, blogs, forums, social media and have never once, not once, had any sort of dalliance or even been approached in any sort of romantic, creepy or sexual way by anybody! I reckon that must be some sort of record. I've never even had one of those "manhood" photos sent to me that women often complain about! At least in real life I've had appreciative smiles or looks of meaning, but on the internet, nada. Happily married so it's not that I'm looking but, you know, what's wrong with the internet me!

This has all made me a bit jealous! I have been knocking about quite prolifically on the internet for over twenty years, blogs, forums, social media and have never once, not once, had any sort of dalliance or even been approached in any sort of romantic, creepy or sexual way by anybody! I reckon that must be some sort of record. I've never even had one of those "manhood" photos sent to me that women often complain about! At least in real life I've had appreciative smiles or looks of meaning, but on the internet, nada. Happily married so it's not that I'm looking but, you know, what's wrong with the internet me!
Yo Scribbles !! .. would you like to sniff my mountain bike saddle ? .. there you go, your life is now complete :).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sniffing+bike+saddles

A woman at work got sent a "manhood" photo on her phone by some guy she was dating. Apparently it's not just for online creeps anymore.

I have a collection! These days on FB when a new "friend" sends one I just send him two back. I am so GENEROUS! :clap:
I've never sent a pic of my bits to anyone ... but I've taken pics of women's lady parts in the past. It's all a spur of the moment sort of thing, I've never shared them with anyone. Sometimes it just has to be done.

It's always been their ideas .. I seem to attract pervy women.

:cool: ....

Back