• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

I would guess a form of ADHD, possibly a mental illness. How does she get along if she speaks no English at all? Does she have family that help her out with form filling, shopping etc? If so, maybe you could corner one for a quiet word sometime.
This is basically a Polish community, but I don't speak it. There are many Polish people in the immediate area and lots of Polish delis, so it's a good thing for her.

I think that you do currently live in NJ, I'm sure you've thought of this, but there's definitely a problem going on here with behavior inappropriate to the environment. Every municipality has some resource for performing a "welfare visit" to determine if social service help is needed. Sometimes it's the local police department, sometimes there's a local agency. For your own ability to sleep in your apartment you might want to give them a call. It would help her as well.
Thank you for your thoughts, we have seen her 'staggering' out the door and down the road, think it's a major drinking problem. Prefer that the landlord takes care of it, but apparently he isn't. Sometimes, it's just best to move, and I know she has some family in the area.

Thank you for your thoughts, we have seen her 'staggering' out the door and down the road, think it's a major drinking problem. Prefer that the landlord takes care of it, but apparently he isn't. Sometimes, it's just best to move, and I know she has some family in the area.
Then maybe just having a quiet word with one of her family might be in order. She may, like so many people with problems, hide the worst from her family and they may not know about, for example, the late night dashing up and down and shouting.

Then maybe just having a quiet word with one of her family might be in order. She may, like so many people with problems, hide the worst from her family and they may not know about, for example, the late night dashing up and down and shouting.
We have tried, believe me, to be friendly and of help - my husband was shoved by this woman, as was I, so we keep our distance.
It's a strange thing that good intentions can sometimes be mistaken - when the virus started up, we were concerned about an older woman living across the road from us, both my husband and I got her masks to wear, offered to help, etc., and my husband had the door slammed in his face. LOL - it's the oddest neighborhood we've ever lived in, changed from what it used to be, I'll be happy when we move to a different area.

I can't see her living very long.

When I was around 17 I was working with a couple of older plumbers on a complete refurb of a three storey house in Chelsea. It was being done by an interior designer who thought she was far above anyone who got their hands dirty for a living and treated all the trades like surfs.
One day she was inspecting the building and noticed one of the radiators had been fitted in the wrong place. We had fitted it as per the original drawing but this had been 'amended' by her and an amendment sent round apparently. The plumber in charge, who I was working with, was called out by her whilst all the trades were sitting down for lunch and asked why the rad was in the wrong place. Trying to explain, she talked over him and said 'an amendment had been sent round, I presume you can read' .

When I was around 17 I was working with a couple of older plumbers on a complete refurb of a three storey house in Chelsea. It was being done by an interior designer who thought she was far above anyone who got their hands dirty for a living and treated all the trades like surfs.
One day she was inspecting the building and noticed one of the radiators had been fitted in the wrong place. We had fitted it as per the original drawing but this had been 'amended' by her and an amendment sent round apparently. The plumber in charge, who I was working with, was called out by her whilst all the trades were sitting down for lunch and asked why the rad was in the wrong place. Trying to explain, she talked over him and said 'an amendment had been sent round, I presume you can read' .
When giving this a cursory read through, I misread 'surfs' as 'smurfs' which left me wondering for a minute, until I re-read...

Should have given her the old 'birthday at school' routine- head down the bog and flush.

When I worked on a farm I used to be able to load a trailer with haybales from the field, in proper pattern and thrown right to the top of the trailer. Now, whenever I had to feed horses, I'm puffing just dragging a single bale out of the barn. Sigh. It's more being out of practice than old age, or that's what I tell myself anyway.
True. When we city girls first became horse owners it took two of us to pick up a single square bale. A year later (in my 50s) I was able to pick up a bale in each hand. I even managed it once on a yet-unset broken ankle. Farm women are tough chicks. Don’t mess with us.

Last edited:
My response would have been " stop plumping cushions for a minute, there are the tools, there's the radiator - on you go, I presume you haven't lost the use of your limbs".

Yup, men, where would we girls be without'em? :dunno:

I always say Men, I've nothing against'em. I like'em.
Couldn't eat a whole one though. ;)

Tried a few times.
This reminded me of the joke:
What's the difference between a man and a vibrator....?

......Vibrators can't mow the lawn!

This reminded me of the joke:
What's the difference between a man and a vibrator....?

......Vibrators can't mow the lawn!
With a bit of ingenuity, maybe they could. :D

That's less "feeling wrong" and more "being a massive arsehole."

Best reply I heard to "I presume you can read?" was "Yes, what are you having trouble with?"

OK update on my creepy dog abusing neighbours.

Today a removal van appeared in their drive.

THEY'RE GONE!

Well van has removed all their furniture and big stuff but still got his amateur radio wires and hundreds of pounds' worth of CCTV cameras to remove.

They're fecking gone.

Weird thing is, I never did get round to the bagua mirror or the nidstang (Viking curse stick - which was originally an animal's head, usually horse, on a stick with runes). I got some Britain's horse models on eBay last week, finally, with the intent to make a mini nidstang and stick it in the garden! Apparently just intent was enough... days later, they're gone.

It's been 9 years.

We named and shamed them all over FB esp in large local groups (one with 25,000 members). An animal welfare group that names and shames RSPCA defendants posted widely and got lots of shares, and my burner account went on and shared their posts wherever I thought locally the female neighbour might try to buy a new dog...

No warning owt was about to happen - then a big self-drive removal van turns up this morning and was loaded with all their furniture.

Rumour is they've moved about 7 miles away. To the village where I grew up.

Just a few miles down the road but it's very different to here They just need one person to have seen one of those FB posts about their animal cruelty and, bottom line is, pitchforks and torches because that lot don't mess around where I come from.

Bought booze and chocolate and celebrated.

We were told they were trying to do a council exchange but we think they may have been given a void house as nobody has moved in to their house, today. Good news is, if that's the case it will stand empty for weeks whilst council clean it and do it up so we will have a peaceful June, at least.

We've waited nearly 9 years for this moment. It feels incredible to know they're gone. It took me standing up in court and then the animal welfare people and FB did its magic but still been 5 months or so since in court, to today.

THEY'RE GONE!

Well van has removed all their furniture and big stuff but still got his amateur radio wires and hundreds of pounds' worth of CCTV cameras to remove.

They're fecking gone.

Weird thing is, I never did get round to the bagua mirror or the nidstang (Viking curse stick - which was originally an animal's head, usually horse, on a stick with runes). I got some Britain's horse models on eBay last week, finally, with the intent to make a mini nidstang and stick it in the garden! Apparently just intent was enough... days later, they're gone.

It's been 9 years.

We named and shamed them all over FB esp in large local groups (one with 25,000 members). An animal welfare group that names and shames RSPCA defendants posted widely and got lots of shares, and my burner account went on and shared their posts wherever I thought locally the female neighbour might try to buy a new dog...

No warning owt was about to happen - then a big self-drive removal van turns up this morning and was loaded with all their furniture.

Just a few miles down the road but it's very different to here They just need one person to have seen one of those FB posts about their animal cruelty and, bottom line is, pitchforks and torches because that lot don't mess around where I come from.

We were told they were trying to do a council exchange but we think they may have been given a void house as nobody has moved in to their house, today. Good news is, if that's the case it will stand empty for weeks whilst council clean it and do it up so we will have a peaceful June, at least.

We've waited nearly 9 years for this moment. It feels incredible to know they're gone. It took me standing up in court and then the animal welfare people and FB did its magic but still been 5 months or so since in court, to today.
You are a good person!

THEY'RE GONE!

They're fecking gone.

It's been 9 years.

Congratulations! Celebrate as often as it comes to mind. Nine years is such a long time.

Intent is so powerful I had a very abusive narcissistic and manipulative work colleague and I was in a right state not knowing how to get away from them. My husband and I talked about intent and wishing them away but he warned me that it might be me that had to move away. A week later I got pneumonia, had some time off sick and never went back to that work (got a great new job instead), the person in question was still hanging on in my life but over the course of 6 months has spiralled out of it and the relief is enormous. The intent is enough if thrown out to the universe with enough vigour!

I'm so pleased for you, what a relief I can well imagine your feelings. Phew what a long hard slog it's been for you. xxx

Intent is so powerful I had a very abusive narcissistic and manipulative work colleague and I was in a right state not knowing how to get away from them. My husband and I talked about intent and wishing them away but he warned me that it might be me that had to move away. A week later I got pneumonia, had some time off sick and never went back to that work (got a great new job instead), the person in question was still hanging on in my life but over the course of 6 months has spiralled out of it and the relief is enormous. The intent is enough if thrown out to the universe with enough vigour!
Well done, you. And yes I think you're right, we sometimes underestimate the sheer power of intent. I mean, I wanted them to go about a day after they got here but it was only last week I finally got round to buying my nidstang horse victims... was going to do it today. No need.

Seaside: So you wished someone away, instead you got sick, lost your job and the person stuck around for 6 months. You consider that a success?

Back