• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Thanks, Victory. We're living between two locked doors at the moment. We never locked our car or our house - no-one round here did - til 6 years ago when they moved in. Now it's like Fort Knox. I was going to ask the police about those guard things as years ago, my ex's sister was witness to a murder (stabbing in the street in London). Out with her friend at night and the friend had a new boyfriend. The old one killed him in the street. As ex's sister still lived at home with her mum, their mum's house had one of those guard things. I was remembering that last week.

Amongst the stuff we recorded in the past couple of weeks (all saved, sent to various people, backed up in clouds etc), was one where he mentioned being sectioned in the past. No-one had ever told us this - his confidentiality, I guess. But there are booze issues as well. Wife as much as him. Proper Jeremy Kyle fodder.

Police have advised us to move, if we can. Don't know if that's going to be possible so we are being cautious. We have a very scary looking dog, too - who is very defensive - and that helps me feel a bit more safe as she never leaves my side.

Scary times though.

Man, Ghost in the Machine, what a tragic situation! What a horrible way for those neighbors to spend their lives, and how awful and sad for their children. And how stressful and nightmarish for you and your other neighbors. I'm not comfortable with recording others without their knowledge/consent, but I can understand how crazy making it is when you don't feel believed and nothing seems to change, and why you would go ahead and record the incident.

Some people go through hell as kids, and end up so messed up they pass on the harm, sometimes intensified, as adults. Others go through hell like that and are messed up but compassionate people who treat every living creature with respect and kindness.

I hope you get to stay in your home, that the kids are protected and helped, and that their parents have to leave!

Also would like to say I hope your ex and her sister are doing all right—I can't imagine how traumatic it would be to witness anyone being killed, et alone someone you cared about, especially by someone else you'd been close to. Though your ex wasn't there, it must have had a horrible impact. We're such crazy animals, creating hell like that, when there's so much incredible beauty to tap into and foster.

Last edited:
Had an odd experience this afternoon. I came out of the hairdressers and it was belting down with rain. As I went to cross the road to go a large store a car zoomed out driven by a woman. There was a weird oldish chap also waiting to cross and I muttered that I wish she would make up her mind what she was doing then pressed on in the wind and rain around the corner to the store. Went inside and started browsing the aisles for stuff when I realised said 'odd' bloke was trailing me. Gave me the creeps as there was something 'off ' about him. I cant imagine him wanting or needing ladies hair dyes and hair products somehow. Which was when I finally realised he was actually following me. I lost him at the checkout thankfully and rushed out. Never seen him before and hope I don't see him ever again.

Had an odd experience this afternoon. I came out of the hairdressers and it was belting down with rain. As I went to cross the road to go a large store a car zoomed out driven by a woman. There was a weird oldish chap also waiting to cross and I muttered that I wish she would make up her mind what she was doing then pressed on in the wind and rain around the corner to the store. Went inside and started browsing the aisles for stuff when I realised said 'odd' bloke was trailing me. Gave me the creeps as there was something 'off ' about him. I cant imagine him wanting or needing ladies hair dyes and hair products somehow. Which was when I finally realised he was actually following me. I lost him at the checkout thankfully and rushed out. Never seen him before and hope I don't see him ever again.
Gotta be careful.

Saw this video the other day, and there is someone with the sunken teeth, Mr Punch look at 2.40-2.50ish. Video covers banned documentaries, so some controversial content. The part I referenced above is from a doc looking at I'll practices in the Bridgewater State hospital (assuming the clips are from the documentaries stated)

Edit: or indeed just look at the thumbnail!
Yes ravensocks, i suppose this could possibly have been the case with the person i encountered, although the fact that he wore a ring that matched his face was pretty strange.

Perhaps the ring was his reminder to himself that he was really okay as is?
Most of us have experienced being the odd one out—imagine that lasting for an entire lifetime. :worry:

Man, Ghost in the Machine, what a tragic situation! What a horrible way for those neighbors to spend their lives, and how awful and sad for their children. And how stressful and nightmarish for you and your other neighbors. I'm not comfortable with recording others without their knowledge/consent, but I can understand how crazy making it is when you don't feel believed and nothing seems to change, and why you would go ahead and record the incident.

Some people go through hell as kids, and end up so messed up they pass on the harm, sometimes intensified, as adults. Others go through hell like that and are messed up but compassionate people who treat every living creature with respect and kindness.

I hope you get to stay in your home, that the kids are protected and helped, and that their parents have to leave!
I've lost all fears about recording the crap out of it, to be honest. Before that, we were being fobbed off with "Well, you've heard them threaten to hit their kids, but never seen them land a blow and so it's just a clash of lifestyles, really, isn't it? Many people threaten to hit their kids but never actually do..." I spoke to the same official last week on the phone - very contrite now she can't deny we were telling the truth. And of course her attitude kept those kids in danger all this time.

Ah yes, the traumatic childhood defence. I had a childhood of Dickensian crapness - death after death, abusive step-parent - and I don't beat kids or animals so am afraid I have no time for people who use that as an excuse. It's an insult to those of us who had tough childhoods and grew up to be decent human beings. The council official who refused to action this for years was a bit of a bleeding heart - and as a result, those kids have been left in the situation and they're on their 3rd dog in 6 years.

As I'm now back on t'lates I'm having to deal with Mr Angry again. Last week I spoke several times with the two nearest managers.

One seemed faintly amused by my worries. He smiled reassuringly and said 'Scargy, he's not going to kill you!'
As in 'Calm down Dear, it's only a potentially psychotic murderer who blames YOU for all his troubles.'

It's safe to say he won't take THAT tone with ME again. :rage:

It's so frustrating when your gut instincts and social smarts are dismissed like that. I believe that would be less likely to happen if your manager was a woman. Men probably don't get that creepy attention from Mr. Angry like women do. Still, there are men who get it. I have to wonder how this particular manager fields concerns from his wife or girlfriend, if he has one.

"Well, you've heard them threaten to hit their kids, but never seen them land a blow and so it's just a clash of lifestyles, really, isn't it?
Isn't it considered a type of abuse to routinely threaten someone with violence?

It's so frustrating when your gut instincts and social smarts are dismissed like that. I believe that would be less likely to happen if your manager was a woman. Men probably don't get that creepy attention from Mr. Angry like women do. Still, there are men who get it. I have to wonder how this particular manager fields concerns from his wife or girlfriend, if he has one.

Absolutely. I'm pushing to be moved onto permanent early shifts to avoid him.

However, this won't protect anyone but me. I've pointed out that this bloke believes a spirit woman whom only he can see and hear, and who watches him constantly in case he's alone with another woman, and who wants him with her presumably in the Spirit World, is directing his thoughts. He is perfectly capable of mistaking our bearded manager for me in a crafty disguise and acting accordingly.

Or his spirit girlfriend might simply take exception to any female worker turning up late at night (our last clock-off is after 10pm) and order him to prove his loyalty by attacking her.

If I'm on the early shifts I'll never see him as long as he knocks off at the correct time. If I rolled up before 6am as is sometimes required, and his car was there, and I'd be first in and alone with him, I'd be ringing my manager to tell him I'm not going in the building and what does he want me to do?

Isn't it considered a type of abuse to routinely threaten someone with violence?
Not by my local council, it isn't.

Absolutely. I'm pushing to be moved onto permanent early shifts to avoid him.

However, this won't protect anyone but me. I've pointed out that this bloke believes a spirit woman whom only he can see and hear, and who watches him constantly in case he's alone with another woman, and who wants him with her presumably in the Spirit World, is directing his thoughts. He is perfectly capable of mistaking our bearded manager for me in a crafty disguise and acting accordingly.

Or his spirit girlfriend might simply take exception to any female worker turning up late at night (our last clock-off is after 10pm) and order him to prove his loyalty by attacking her.

If I'm on the early shifts I'll never see him as long as he knocks off at the correct time. If I rolled up before 6am as is sometimes required, and his car was there, and I'd be first in and alone with him, I'd be ringing my manager to tell him I'm not going in the building and what does he want me to do?
To 'Like' seems the wrong response here but it's just my way of trying to support you.

I suspect that both you and I are seeing the after effects of 'care in the community' - and we're the community. The level of help or intervention some people need, has been withdrawn.

Somehow I really doubt this.
The situation with your neighbours is very regrettable. At least you've done something and given a shit. What a nightmare. Be careful.
More to report to relevant authorities tomorrow. My son heard the dog yelp so pressed record and we got them hitting the dog (he says 'Belt him!' so it's pretty unequivocal - then it yelps again). Will be calling police, RSPCA and social services re the kid tomorrow as at least one child was in the room with them and being encouraged to join in.

I'm working on the principle men (and women) who abuse animals and kids are probably shit scared of other adults. But even so - taking no chances. I have a big metal security guards' torch and if I set foot on my drive at night, that thing is in my hand.

To 'Like' seems the wrong response here but it's just my way of trying to support you.

I suspect that both you and I are seeing the after effects of 'care in the community' - and we're the community. The level of help or intervention some people need, has been withdrawn.
Why isn't this guy getting treatment instead of intimidating all and sundry?

This man has not, as far as I know, had any medial or psychiatric intervention. I get the impression he's had various jobs and been quietly sacked and moved on somewhere else by companies who were glad to get rid of him.

If a psychiatrist heard him say what he'd said to me I believe he'd be sectioned.

View attachment 21899This is a feng shui mirror. I wrote once before about some awful neighbours I had endured for a long time. you position it so it points towards hem. In 6 weeks they moved.View attachment 21899
I meant to check out your link but forgot. Just went to look and it's not working? Now I'm really curious to see what it is or whether you posted about it, but can't pull owt up on a search..?

This man has not, as far as I know, had any medial or psychiatric intervention. I get the impression he's had various jobs and been quietly sacked and moved on somewhere else by companies who were glad to get rid of him.

If a psychiatrist heard him say what he'd said to me I believe he'd be sectioned.

I know it's a massive hassle, especially at this time of year, but if you could get a boss to report him to mental health services it would be a great weight off your mind and potentially head off a more serious incident. If you don't want to get involved, ask someone else with the same concerns to do it. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but that would be my remote advice.

Hope the picture works this time. Was having trouble before.
It's supposed to send back negative energy to the source. It's worked about 3 times for me over the years when I've got fed up eventually. You just point it i the directiion of the annoyance.
1577053307245.png

I have a sneaky feeling/hunch that this man is scared of you .. because you won't be bullied .. he certainly still sounds unstable from what you've said in the past but I still suspect he's acting tough but actually more scared of you than you think .. just a hunch .. watch this space but also, yeah .. watch your back.

If he's hearing voices it's best to avoid him as he sounds very unstable.
Maybe try for that other shift just in case he snaps.
Hearing voices and other audio hallucinations is often a sign of alcohol withdrawal so perhaps that's what's going on with him?.. is he visibly sweating a lot? .. sporadic temper bursts? .. personnel might have thought about this already, they might also already know. Alcohol in this man's work flask? ..

I know it's a massive hassle, especially at this time of year, but if you could get a boss to report him to mental health services it would be a great weight off your mind and potentially head off a more serious incident. If you don't want to get involved, ask someone else with the same concerns to do it. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but that would be my remote advice.
I once knew someone who appeared fairly sane (ish), on the whole. Until one day, she pulled me aside (I have one of 'those' faces that means people like to confide in me - suckers!) ... and started telling me she was the reincarnation of Richard III.

Mr Angry is generally charming and manipulative. Most people think he's a sort of gentle giant.

When his managers speak to him aftter incidents like threatening my friend K he appears contrite about what he says is a 'misunderstanding'. He gets away with it every time.

My managers know what he's said and I've put it in writing, and another woman went with me to give a verbal account. (That's when I first heard about the 'spirit world' bit, that the woman who follows him around is not real. I'd suspected that but hadn't heard it from him.)

His managers went to see him and told him not to speak to the women any more, as if that would help. I've explained to my manager that it's not the repetition of his story that's the problem, it's what he said in the first place.

@Swifty, I don't believe drink is involved. Well, I haven't seen any evidence of it. If that was the cause of the problem he'd still be a menace!

He is certainly wary of me because he knows I've spoken to my managers about him and won't be alone with him.
That's a rational response though; if/when he were to become much less rational and even psychotic, wariness wouldn't hold him back.

Unfortunately, if a person doesn't think s/he has a problem, s/he doesn't get help. And even if friends or family know there is something wrong, they don't know where to turn. And mental health resources and supports are slim (at least in Canada, but I believe that most communities have this problem).

I don't envy police officers when they are called in to handle a situation that has been brought about because of a person's mental illness and psychotic (defined as a break in reality) state. They are usually the first to be called when things really break down.

Back