• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Hearing voices and other audio hallucinations is often a sign of alcohol withdrawal so perhaps that's what's going on with him?.. is he visibly sweating a lot? .. sporadic temper bursts? .. personnel might have thought about this already, they might also already know. Alcohol in this man's work flask? ..
Or schizophrenia

Mr Angry is generally charming and manipulative. Most people think he's a sort of gentle giant.

When his managers speak to him aftter incidents like threatening my friend K he appears contrite about what he says is a 'misunderstanding'. He gets away with it every time.

My managers know what he's said and I've put it in writing, and another woman went with me to give a verbal account. (That's when I first heard about the 'spirit world' bit, that the woman who follows him around is not real. I'd suspected that but hadn't heard it from him.)

His managers went to see him and told him not to speak to the women any more, as if that would help. I've explained to my manager that it's not the repetition of his story that's the problem, it's what he said in the first place.

@Swifty, I don't believe drink is involved. Well, I haven't seen any evidence of it. If that was the cause of the problem he'd still be a menace!

He is certainly wary of me because he knows I've spoken to my managers about him and won't be alone with him.
That's a rational response though; if/when he were to become much less rational and even psychotic, wariness wouldn't hold him back.
This must all be well stressful for you .. have you considered changing jobs? .. if it gets worse, it's going to make you ill ..

This must all be well stressful for you .. have you considered changing jobs? .. if it gets worse, it's going to make you ill ..
Is he doing this again? damn him, Escargot, arm yourself, I dont care with what, I know you will make sure you are safe, but be safer, ok? please

@Shady: He hasn't done anything more except threaten a colleague a few week ago about something unrelated to me and drag my name into it. Colleague was shaken up.

@Swifty: I'm not changing jobs. This is a nice job and I like it! The stress is only there when I may be alone with him and I guard against that.

Or schizophrenia
Exactly. This is serious mental health trouble.

@Shady: He hasn't done anything more except threaten a colleague a few week ago about something unrelated to me and drag my name into it. Colleague was shaken up.

@Swifty: I'm not changing jobs. This is a nice job and I like it! The stress is only there when I may be alone with him and I guard against that.

Exactly. This is serious mental health trouble.
Seriously though, you shouldn't have to work under those conditions unless you're prepared and able to give him a kicking .. or a kick in the nuts .. and then you'll be the one in the wrong .. as long as you can take that heat then fair play mate.

I can see Escargot kicking him in the nuts, sneakily :D That brings a smile to my face, altho where else a smile can be is...................oh yea, you make my arse laugh, ahhh, but not smile, so, anyway, off track a little there, sorry :D

Saw this video the other day, and there is someone with the sunken teeth, Mr Punch look at 2.40-2.50ish. Video covers banned documentaries, so some controversial content. The part I referenced above is from a doc looking at I'll practices in the Bridgewater State hospital (assuming the clips are from the documentaries stated)

Edit: or indeed just look at the thumbnail!

Having just watched Steptoe and Son Ride Again on TV, it struck me that Wilfred Brambell seemed to be cultivating that look:

IMG_0849.JPG

but eventually I feel he will crack.
Sounds like he already has!
But yeah, it sounds like he will eventually lose control. He sounds in control enough to maintain his ability to manipulate the managers.

I second (or third?) the advice on keeping a written record of encounters and results of complaints against the guy. Keep a tally of how many times the managers have been alerted and let him get off with an "apology." Your managers, and the others who shunted him along to where you are instead of addressing the guy's problems, are not taking responsibility for the safety of their workers.

Sounds like he already has!
But yeah, it sounds like he will eventually lose control. He sounds in control enough to maintain his ability to manipulate the managers.

I second (or third?) the advice on keeping a written record of encounters and results of complaints against the guy. Keep a tally of how many times the managers have been alerted and let him get off with an "apology." Your managers, and the others who shunted him along to where you are instead of addressing the guy's problems, are not taking responsibility for the safety of their workers.
Yup, I need to be writing down everything that happens.

There's been no actual trouble directly from him though since Techy began meeting me out of work.

Ah, he sees you have a gent so he probably, or she, probably, perceives no threat now, maybe,?

No, well, as long as I'm not alone with him (or any other woman is) the Spirit Girlfriend won't kick off. But She will (or he imagines She will) if he's in there with any woman unchaperoned whether she's married or partnered or not.

This is because he seems to be obsessed with infidelity. He said to me several times 'When you keep coming in here late at night and I'm here people will think we're having an affair!' I told him I didn't find that funny and neither would my husband. He wasn't joking though.

Your over-intense churchgoer sounds a tad autistic to me. They can be rather intense, can't they?

Just keep him away from the pitchforks-and-flaming-brands cupboard. ;)
Fuck! What a nasty post. Will be avoiding you if you think that about autistics.

Today I was filling in some forms with a manager from another depot and I told him about the situation. He was horrified; says it's gone on for too long, and gave me helpful advice, which I'll be taking. It's mainly to demand, that's DEMAND, to be given permanent early shifts so I can avoid Mr Angry.

So I'll be putting that in a letter and including my fears that he's a danger to others as well as to myself. We work in an industry where someone with his problems could cause immense trouble and he shouldn't be loose where he can cause havoc.

That's not going to be my concern any more though, if I'm on shifts where he can't ambush me. If and when something drastic does occur, well, I've given them enough warning.

Today I was filling in some forms with a manager from another depot and I told him about the situation. He was horrified; says it's gone on for too long, and gave me helpful advice, which I'll be taking. It's mainly to demand, that's DEMAND, to be given permanent early shifts so I can avoid Mr Angry.

So I'll be putting that in a letter and including my fears that he's a danger to others as well as to myself. We work in an industry where someone with his problems could cause immense trouble and he shouldn't be loose where he can cause havoc.

That's not going to be my concern any more though, if I'm on shifts where he can't ambush me. If and when something drastic does occur, well, I've given them enough warning.
Sweet .. :cool: .. just don't be tempted to go after him now. I know what you're like.

Good luck and I hope they listen to your concerns.

Back