• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Wrt advertising, there's an old Bill Hicks short routine about it. It ends with him saying (something like) :

....I'll tell you what they would do if they could...camera's focusing in on a woman's face, she's beautiful, camera pulls back, she's topless, camera pulls back more, she's totally naked, with two fingers...right there...touching herself...and then it just says "Drink Coke". That's what they would do, if they could get away with it....

Just about spot on imo.

Sorry, Escargot, I just have to ask—please forgive me, especially if you've already told us and I missed it somehow—but who or what does the invisible flying all-seeing woman who visits from the Spirit World have public sex with? An invisible flying all-seeing Adonis? A chihuahua? Spam on a hoagie roll? Does this supposedly take place where he works? At a pub? In the ice cream section of the Iceland Supermarket?

He told me she has sex 'in the windows' of the office block opposite our building, with the lights on.
I'm assuming it's doggy-style, with her face pressed mockingly against the glass in full view. Her partners are apparently flesh and blood men but I dunno where she meets them.
As the whole scenario is a figment of Mr A's imagination there's no necessity for logic.

He certainly believes it though. When I'd go to put a light on in our 'brew room' he'd shout 'Don't! She'll see you!' He'd seem about to grab me.

He told me she has sex 'in the windows' of the office block opposite our building, with the lights on.
I'm assuming it's doggy-style, with her face pressed mockingly against the glass in full view. Her partners are apparently flesh and blood men but I dunno where she meets them.
As the whole scenario is a figment of Mr A's imagination there's no necessity for logic.

He certainly believes it though. When I'd go to put a light on in our 'brew room' he'd shout 'Don't! She'll see you!' He'd seem about to grab me.
*holding head shaking in hands emoticon*

Deffo looney tunes.

This is the sort of thing that worries me. I used to work in hospital secure mental health units and had dealings with paranoid schizophrenics, usually when they'd had a psychotic episode and were detained while their medications were adjusted. They're not necessarily dangerous, apart from the risk of harm to themselves, but a very few are.

Killer of three elderly Devon men found not guilty of murder due to insanity

A man with paranoid schizophrenia who killed three elderly men wrongly thinking they were sex offenders or serial murderers has been found not guilty of their murders by reason of insanity and will be detained in a secure hospital.

Alexander Lewis-Ranwell was having acute psychotic delusions when he used a hammer and spade to kill Anthony Payne, 80, and twins Dick and Roger Carter, 84, at their homes in Exeter, believing that he was acting with the police’s blessing because he had just been freed on bail following an earlier violent attack.

During the trial there was no dispute that he killed the three men. The case centred on whether he knew that what he was doing was legally and morally wrong. The jury ruled that he did not and cleared him of three murders.

I think we all would like to be in on that meeting

sold out.jpg

Edit - that's Wembley Stadium, by the way.

Last edited:
If anyone's still interested, I've just had a very cheering phone call from a colleague, all about Mr Angry and his previous interactions with women.

Colleague was chatting with someone from another company who kindly asked about me. Colleague mentioned my trouble at work.
'Ooh', says Other Lady, 'THAT Mr Angry! I know ALL about HIM!'

Seems Mr Angry was banned from some company offices in his last job because he made the women there so uncomfortable with his conversations. He is widely believed to be obsessed with women and infidelity and the female staff were afraid of him.

The Other Lady immediately offered to tell my boss about it, and my lovely colleague handed over her phone and they talked. The woman who was most directly affected will be asked to contact him too and it seems she will happily do this.

I am bowled over! Lots of other people are afraid of him but I'm the only one to kick off. Now I find it's all happened before but he was still taken on. I am SO going to arm my Rep with this.

@escargot - I did a 10 year stint in the court service (Magistrates), and for my last few years there I was also a Union Rep (only a fledgling in my case), and your particular nightmare sounds like it should have been a done and sealed deal a loooong time ago - it ticks every 'nope' box on every checklist I ever saw! I hope this new break finally gets this matter resolved properly for you and others affected by it!

Seems Mr Angry was banned from some company offices in his last job because he made the women there so uncomfortable with his conversations ..

'Banned from some offices'? .. Jesus, if he got to that level of disruption they should have surely fired him anyway.

I'm glad you've been vindicated and it's not just "Escargot's over reacting" any more.

Last edited:
If anyone's still interested, I've just had a very cheering phone call from a colleague, all about Mr Angry and his previous interactions with women.

Colleague was chatting with someone from another company who kindly asked about me. Colleague mentioned my trouble at work.
'Ooh', says Other Lady, 'THAT Mr Angry! I know ALL about HIM!'

Seems Mr Angry was banned from some company offices in his last job because he made the women there so uncomfortable with his conversations. He is widely believed to be obsessed with women and infidelity and the female staff were afraid of him.

The Other Lady immediately offered to tell my boss about it, and my lovely colleague handed over her phone and they talked. The woman who was most directly affected will be asked to contact him too and it seems she will happily do this.

I am bowled over! Lots of other people are afraid of him but I'm the only one to kick off. Now I find it's all happened before but he was still taken on. I am SO going to arm my Rep with this.

My experience of situations like this in the workplace or in "real" life is that there is ALWAYS a previous history.

@escargot - I did a 10 year stint in the court service (Magistrates), and for my last few years there I was also a Union Rep (only a fledgling in my case), and your particular nightmare sounds like it should have been a done and sealed deal a loooong time ago - it ticks every 'nope' box on every checklist I ever saw! I hope this new break finally gets this matter resolved properly for you and others affected by it!

Well, I'd been complaining to my boss - once in writing - for over 2 years but nobody seemed able to do anything so I was being fobbed off. Nothing was ever going to happen until I made it official. Once I did the union jumped to it.

My experience of situations like this in the workplace or in "real" life is that there is ALWAYS a previous history.

Yes, spot-on! It doesn't come out of thin air.

We'd heard vague rumours but nothing substantial. Now I can prove Mr A was dumped on us to save another company's staff from harassment, even though everyone knows women work here too.

Well, I'd been complaining to my boss - once in writing - for over 2 years but nobody seemed able to do anything so I was being fobbed off. Nothing was ever going to happen until I made it official. Once I did the union jumped to it.

Yes, spot-on! It doesn't come out of thin air.

We'd heard vague rumours but nothing substantial. Now I can prove Mr A was dumped on us to save another company's staff from harassment, even though everyone knows women work here too.

Quite frankly I consider it disgraceful that companies and institutions take the default position of fobbing off and hoping everything goes away. Exactly what happened in the case of the violent child fiddler schoolteacher I came up against a few years ago, until I backed everyone (including the Police) into such a tight corner that they had no option to do something. It backfired onto all the institutions involved, taking up I suspect 1000's of man hours of their time. Will they have learned anything from their experience? Very unlikely indeed and I doubt your company will be any different.
Hope everything gets resolved quickly for you E.

Quite frankly I consider it disgraceful that companies and institutions take the default position of fobbing off and hoping everything goes away. Exactly what happened in the case of the violent child fiddler schoolteacher I came up against a few years ago, until I backed everyone (including the Police) into such a tight corner that they had no option to do something. It backfired onto all the institutions involved, taking up I suspect 1000's of man hours of their time. Will they have learned anything from their experience? Very unlikely indeed and I doubt your company will be any different.
Hope everything gets resolved quickly for you E.

Thank you! Yup, if the other company thought they'd saved themselves some trouble by firing Mr A off to my building they've got another think coming. I intend to pull the ceiling down on those bastards' heads.

Thank you! Yup, if the other company thought they'd saved themselves some trouble by firing Mr A off to my building they've got another think coming. I intend to pull the ceiling down on those bastards' heads.
Is the other company a sister company of yours?

My people who don't feel right neighbours - the woman works in a care home. As an assistant. Possibly - I'm guessing almost certainly - left alone with the elderly. Some of them vulnerable and ill. When we rang social care about the first slew of incidents, a couple of months back (them beating their kids at 2AM - my son recorded it, so there can't be much doubt it happened...), I helpfully pointed out not only that this woman is a care assistant but where, knowing Social Care are also responsible for these places. Zero reaction. She's still working there.

Now she has had her dog taken off her for cruelty (also incidents recorded involving her kids, her in the room, her being the perpetrator, and a couple of incidents that are deeply troubling as they go beyond just 'cruelty' if that's possible)... Nope. She's still in the village, 'caring' for elderly folk. When the RSPCA inspector who took our statements, saw on FB where this woman works, she was utterly horrified. I told her social care have known - since November.

I think a lot of employers take the cheap and easy option of pretending nothing's happening.

She's been arrested maybe half a dozen times since November for drunk and disorderly or other stuff. Care home still happily employing her.

ETA: If these pending things come to court, fair enough. If not - I'll be on social media exposing the local social care dept.

It troubles me that social media ends up being the go-to solution for getting this information to those who need it. Social media is so easily abused by anyone with a grudge. Having a more responsive social care system would protect the vulnerable people depending on care takers and the care takers as well. It would also be less likely that your information could be dismissed as just rumor mongering.

Are there licensing requirements for people who work in such facilities? Is there a way your neighbor could be prevented from qualifying for such jobs, or is this job just a low status, low paying position for those who can't get work elsewhere?

It troubles me that social media ends up being the go-to solution for getting this information to those who need it. Social media is so easily abused by anyone with a grudge. Having a more responsive social care system would protect the vulnerable people depending on care takers and the care takers as well. It would also be less likely that your information could be dismissed as just rumor mongering.

Are there licensing requirements for people who work in such facilities? Is there a way your neighbor could be prevented from qualifying for such jobs, or is this job just a low status, low paying position for those who can't get work elsewhere?

Going slightly off topic but there's a major problem I think in the care sector. There are a large number of very caring carers in care homes and the like, but it's a very underrated and underpaid profession. Because of this it attracts shall we say a small element of employees who you wouldn't trust to look after an empty cardboard box, and some who are intent on criminal activity. Statistics if you can believe them show that a couple of years back 360000 staff in the care sector changed jobs in 12 months. Shortages of staff means some companies aren't too particular. Background checks are carried on staff by the Criminal Records Bureau( a legal requirement) but these can't obviously provide information on how someone will conduct themselves. Ms PeteS is an expert on care homes and some of the stuff she has uncovered would make your skin crawl.

I'm no great fan of FaceTwitGram myself but what it is good at is exposing gigantic and sometimes criminal failings in the conduct of companies and institutions which they would otherwise have been happy to have covered up. If it wasn't so serious I'd find it funny that these people simply find it impossible to appreciate that the more they try to cover up problems the worse it is for them in the end. GOG rant over.

Group settings are easier to keep good than individual ones. When I worked in Care any worker who was seen by the other staff to be "off" or worse with the residents was frozen out, and pressured to leave - but by peers. We didn't bother telling the management because they would do nothing unless, say, marks of violence were visible.

I also reported them to the Care Comission as a whistleblower but never heard back or saw results.

Back