• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
I'm sure it's been covered here before, but here goes, nothing major, but I was cycling to work last week when I passed a parked car on the opposite side of the road, the driver's window was wound down and a women was sat in the driver seat.

I looked at her, (as a cyclist I'm always checking out what car drivers are doing!) She looked at me and I noticed she had a large black smudge on her face, perhaps a birthmark. It was only when we looked at each other, (she was also wearing sunglasses), I just got a real odd feeling that she was just plain "wrong" like not human maybe.

It provoked a feeling of anxiety as I quickly passed, and I'm kicking myself now as I always tend to try and investigate weird situations so I never turned round to have another look as I was really late for work.

It was fleeting feeling and was probably nothing, I was a little hungover due to celebrating the night before, so it may have been an alcohol-fear related feeling. Strange though I've never experienced it before and I wasn't that hungover!

Thanks for that post. It has been covered somewhere and I would love that thread to be revisited, it's my favourite one :blissed:
I'll leave the finding to a mod as I have a "search-o-phobia" on this site...

I saw Momar ghadffi on tv tonight and he had ashes or something all over his head and face, maybe it is some religious month or something?
I also saw an american politician on tv just a few weeks ago with a smudge of something like ash on his forehead , he may have been catholic or something , I believe this is a religious thing.
Then again , they could both be aliens, according to WWN a dozen or so politicos are. I have a T shirt that says so. :oops:

(edited for horrible spelling)

I think it was a birthmark, I'm not usually spooked by much but I deffo had a feeling of alarm when looking at her.

I had a 'people who feel wrong' kind of experience, a couple of years ago, but never had a chance to get it written down before, so here goes, and if anyone can explain it I'll thank you in advance.

Sometime around summer, '06 I think it was, I had an opportunity to apply to appear on a tv show ('codex' it was called, it had a run on tele, but only one series)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_(TV_series)

..anyway, I was asked to go into London to attend a sort of audition (lots of people go) so I travelled down from Hertfordshire on the train, with my son who was 10 at the time.

When we got to Kings Cross we walked down Grays Inn Road and stopped into Burger King on Holborn, opposite an impressive building, 'Holborn Bars'

360px-142_Holborn_Bars,_London.jpg

As we sat inside, by the window, I was looking west along the pavement, and there were only a few people walking along (about the same as the pic above), and into view came a very odd looking couple of people, who just looked 'wrong'.

The first chap was only about 5'5", sort of chubby looking, and wearing clothing that wasn't too different from what a railway worker of the late 1970's would be wearing, The heavy dark trousers, 'steelie doc martens' and thick 'donkey jacket', over the top of which was a kind of orange plastic sleeveless jacket (the forerunner of the modern 'Hi-vis'). He was accompanied by a chap I can only describe as an African Tribal Chief! This chap was quite tall, close to 6', wearing the full typical outfit of animal skins, feathers, necklaces of beads etc, carrying a big pole or staff with similar stuff on it. And although they were together they were not talking to eachother.

Now I didn't imagine this, my memory is quite clear on it, because as I watched these chaps go past, I thought to myself that they did indeed seem very odd. They went out of my field of view to my right hand (east) side, and I returned to my food, thinking that you do see a lot of odd people in London, and not more than a second or two elapsed before once again, like some kind of cosmic practical joke, this odd looking couple of blokes appeared again from the western end of the road and proceeded to walk past me, like a replay!

Now I considered all the options, they were quite remarkably dressed and distinctive, too much for there to be anyone similar around, and there was no way they could've returned to retrace their steps in those fleeting couple of seconds.

In hindsight I should've pointed them out to my son, but what could I have said? "Look at those two oddballs, in amongst all the other oddballs we've seen today, I've just seen them go that way already once before..."

I didn't feel too perturbed by it at the time, I just put it down to 'weird shit happens' but I often wonder if it is some kind of local ghostly replay of something fairly mundane from a couple of decades ago, and wonder if anyone else has seen the same?

I've experienced something similar, mine is that I have met a couple of people that seem to be prefectly nice people but there's something about them that made me nervous. They didn't do anything for me to have this feeling, it's just that they just exuded something dark.

Presumably Lockers means a person who just feels wrong... still, see just how wrong Dave Snooty and his chums feel when they get a pop at it. Or the Lib.. no, that's just silly.

Anyway, back OT, there's a chap who attends our church who's scarily intense. He's only little, and quite slight, but has a Lector-type stillness and a habit, especially if engaged in conversation of staring gimlet-like at people and waiting for about three seconds before replying, often with a non-sequitur and a slight smile to himself. He's downright disconcerting.

Technical term there is creep, Stu. :lol:

A-ha! Good to have professional input :). The usual four guineas?

I do come across wrong people a lot in my work especially, but generally there's an obvious and overt cause. Creeps are another thing altogether.

Your over-intense churchgoer sounds a tad autistic to me. They can be rather intense, can't they?

Just keep him away from the pitchforks-and-flaming-brands cupboard. ;)

escargot1 said:
Your over-intense churchgoer sounds a tad autistic to me. They can be rather intense, can't they?
No, autism I know well - he can be socially adroit when he chooses, can engage in entirely normal conversation - a lot of the time, though, we get Mr Creep.

I suppose he could be on meds.

stuneville said:
Presumably Lockers means a person who just feels wrong... still, see just how wrong Dave Snooty and his chums feel when they get a pop at it. Or the Lib.. no, that's just silly.

Hehe - Mr Stuneville is right. Indeed, these politicos and panjandrums are all a bit wrong, aren't they? We all know politics is showbusiness for ugly people, but with some of them, there's something just a bit more... wrong, ain't there?! I just picked on gorgeous Gord because he's the one in power (or... is he?!!!)

stuneville said:
Anyway, back OT, there's a chap who attends our church who's scarily intense. He's only little, and quite slight, but has a Lector-type stillness and a habit, especially if engaged in conversation of staring gimlet-like at people and waiting for about three seconds before replying, often with a non-sequitur and a slight smile to himself. He's downright disconcerting.

Sounds like an ex-druggie who's found God.
I used to know somebody of exactly the same description, and he behaved like that. He'd done so much LSD it had kind of burned out his emotions.

There's an acquaintance of my ex-husband who swapped his drug addiction for a fanatical belief in God. I have no problem with people having religious beliefs, as I do have some myself, but he would accost you everytime he saw you. In the end I would spot him and make a real effort to get away without running. :lol:

About 5 years ago I was on a tube train in London which was quite crowded. When the train stopped at Highgate station, this guy got on. He had the weirdest eyes I have ever seen, totally not normal. His eyes were slanted in such a way that he really looked evil, like the devil. He was caucasian and his eyes looked nothing like oriental peoples eyes. As the train was crowded he leant on the pillar opposite me and being so close to him was a bit unnerving. Nobody else seemed to be looking at him and this unnerved me even more. Apart from his eyes, he was completely normally dressed, his face was that of a normal 30-40 something man but his eyes were just so so totally weird. I sometimes wonder if I could have imagined it or somehow seen his eyes differently but I am sure he was 'real' and that his eyes really were terribly strange. I can't remember where he got off but I have not seen him since and often wonder what he was or whether I was somehow hallucinating him.

Yup, eyes can be weird. It's a cliche, but it's true too, and when you've seen weird eyes, you don't forget them.

I used to look after kids in care, including some locked up on remand, a few of whom were there because of quite awful crimes.

One of the murderers I looked after was generally normal-looking but his eyes were, well, dead. They had no sheen or gleam like normal eyes: they looked dull. It unsettled me.

He'd murdered a little girl and he hanged himself a few years later.

Mythopoeika said:
stuneville said:
Anyway, back OT, there's a chap who attends our church who's scarily intense....

Sounds like an ex-druggie who's found God.
I used to know somebody of exactly the same description, and he behaved like that. He'd done so much LSD it had kind of burned out his emotions.
Full marks! I ran into someone who's known him a long while yesterday, and I subtly asked about his demeanour - and yes, he's a serious acid-casualty who also now (and possibly as a result of-) suffers manic episodes, and thus is periodically on fairly strong downers.

Apparently, many are amazed that he can function at all, but he's been slowly rebuilding his life. It's too easy to prejudge, isn't it :( ?

I've come across my share of people who "felt" wrong, but the thing that comes to mind when thinking about the OP's question were the "allies" in the Carlos Castenda books. For anyone who hasn't read Casteneda, an Ally was a spirit of sorts who could take any form, including human. Carlos runs into quite a few of them...
I can't explain any further because that would amount to having to explain a huge chunk of his books, but they're worth looking into, at any rate.

devil eyes

Many moons ago my parents used to foster kids. At one point they had two identical twins; girls, about seven years of age. I was going downstairs one day, and from the top of the stairs it was possible to view into their bedroom. They'd been messing around, as kids do, but they stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Stared at me might be a better description. They both had a sort of half-grin on their faces, and the look in their eyes sent a chill through me. I've never had the same sensation, but it was intense and almost overwhelming - a real sense of dread. It was like I was looking into the eyes of pure evil. I remember that I paused briefly, told myself in my head that they were only children and that I was in no danger of being harmed, but at the same time I felt as though somehow they were reaching deep into me in a way no one should be able to do (apart from maybe lovers or kindred spirits). I forced myself to push aside the rising panic and walked on down the stairs, allowing the fear to subside, but the memory of their eyes would linger. There was no sense of their being 'devil children' after that, they appeared normal kids. It was a one-off thing, but a point in my life which I'll never forget, as brief as it was. I often wondered afterwards whether I imagined it all, i.e. was it just strange brain chemistry and imagination conjuring it all, or was there actually something more tangible to it. Could it have been 'real'?

There was a story which I think of sometimes which makes me wonder if it could be real. The story was that of a person describing what happened when with a friend in a pub or restaurant (I can't recall the inconsequential details, or even where I came across it - possibly it was in FT), and at one point the friend was 'possessed' by something which they felt was evil. It was as though for a few seconds the friend was someone else. It too was brief, but after it passed they discussed it. I think the story teller remarked to the friend "What was that?". Neither could provide an explanation, but it was very real to both of them. I haven't described it well, and do the tale an injustice. I wish I could find it and post it here as it was chilling in its own way, although maybe it just resonates with me, and my memory of the two little girls with the devil eyes. There was certainly a feeling of pervasive evil when they fixed their glare on me.

That "creep" at the church might have a medical condition. People with parkinsons have stare that "goes beyond" and can take longer than normal to reply . Parkinson's sufferers can seem a bit disconcerting. Just a thought anyway.

When I was doing primary school replacement teaching there were 2 boys I remember. One had those black blank type eyes and I felt like I was physically knocked backwards when I went closer to him. The other children avoided him. He moved away and the next I heard he had died train surfing. The other, a caucasian in a mainly migrant school was also avoided by the other children. He would roll his eyes back and say " I am the agent of the devil" before apparently coming back to normal. Both boys would have been 7 or 8 and I never encountered any others like them.
Also the weird eyes on the caucasian on the train: would they have been through cosmetic surgery? There were pictures of that Wilderstein woman and they didn't look normal.

I know someone who at 18 is I would say boarderline psycopath, he is very spoilt with not very bright parents, and he uses people, when he talks to you you can see him looking at you judging how far he can push you. When people get wise to him he drops them like a stone as they are of no further use to him.

Could it be two processes at work. First a brief moment of 'lucid' reality followed by a burst of paranoia as the brain refuses to comprehend?

I think most people walk about in a semi-dream, only concentrating on important things like cycling without getting yourself killed, the mind then filling in everything else, putting what you would expect in place. It is only when you notice something radically different that you can be floored -i.e. 'lucid' reality. It can have a hypnotic effect - I'm positive door-to-door salesmen rely on this effect to semi-hypnotise people into hearing their pitch (at least that is what it felt like for me a few times!)

When in this state I think it is highly likely that the mind, now fully concentrating on the situation, and concerned about perceived differences, may well take a hostile/defensive response and interpret what you have seen in 'Fight or flight' terms. Hence feelings of 'evil', fear and a questioning of who you are looking at.

It can be extremly disturbing. A few years ago I was returning from work and walking across a park near home, when I noticed about 50 metres away on my route, a strange person sitting on top of a park bench. They had their back to me and they were sitting on top of the bench (i.e. the back support), but the feet were firmly planted on the ground and their knees had bent their legs into an almost perfect 90 degree angle. The figure was hooded and I can't remember it moving. So what you say. Well (and I've gone to the place to check it out and the dimensions) that would make his shins about 2.5 - 3 foot long, which putting together with all the other bits would make this person 8-9 feet tall. Unusually tall. I was suddenly gripped by a very strong feeling of fear and otherness. I should have gone past this person on the way home, but I couldn't bring myself to go anywhere closer. There were a number of people at this time walking about and a few past by the figure. That they did not seem to register this large figure only increased my insecurity. I went an alternative route to avoid it.

It could have been a 9 foot hoodie (although he should really stand out in the neighbourhood and I haven't seen anyone that size since) or it could have been a manikin, perhaps. But I was siezed by an overwhelming desire to avoid this space. It did feel 'evil' and out of place.

KarlD said:
I know someone who at 18 is I would say boarderline psycopath

I'm not a professional and can't be trusted to diagnose people, but I've known or know now two people who are certainly narcissistic, one who if he isn't a sociopath I don't know what the term means, and one who might have a strong narcississtic personality disorder or might be a sociopath but who certainly has something deeply wrong with him. All are charming when you first meet them, which is how they sucker people in, and not one was violent. No, they do their damage in more subtle ways, and sometimes with the best intentions; it's just that, since other people and their desires don't seem real to them, the uses to which they put their charm generally end up being bad news for somebody. If dangerous folks felt dangerous, they wouldn't be able to get what they want. Ted Bundy didn't set off alarm bells in his victims.

People who "feel wrong" to others are often the ones I connect with best. They are shy, have low self-esteem, have developed defenses because other people react badly to their peculiar attributes, or just have quirks that need to be lived around. Well, so do I; I can deal with theirs if they'll deal with mine. I don't trust charming people - they have so seldom had to develop solid virtues.

The trouble with instincts is that so often they're just prejudices.

PeniG said:
KarlD said:
I know someone who at 18 is I would say boarderline psycopath

People who "feel wrong" to others are often the ones I connect with best. They are shy, have low self-esteem, have developed defenses because other people react badly to their peculiar attributes, or just have quirks that need to be lived around. Well, so do I; I can deal with theirs if they'll deal with mine. I don't trust charming people - they have so seldom had to develop solid virtues.

The trouble with instincts is that so often they're just prejudices.
The interesting thing with sociopaths is that they are very charming to people who they can use, their entire personality revolves around using people, but when they get found out and challenged on this then the person who has found them out becomes someone that they can no longer use and is no longer of any interest to them.So you do get sociopaths with huge shitlists of people who were at one time friends but then found them out.

Back